Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1

    Default Magneto (comics) vs. Magneto (movies)

    616 vs the Fox movies.

    Movie Magneto is operating at Age of Apocalypse levels.
    New York.

    BONUS: A 10 pound block of Adamantium is sitting between them. Pure tug of war challenge only. Who can pull it to their side first?
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  2. #2
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,361

    Default

    comic mags works on a waaaaaaaaaaay bigger scale than movie mags

  3. #3
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Comics Magneto would shred the movie version to pieces. The man once created a wormhole with magnetism somehow, tossing Hercules around, taking on nuclear bombardment, and manipulating light.

  4. #4

    Default

    He's got his Apocalypse power up just as a reminder. 616 Mags def has way more esoteric uses to his abilities, but raw oomph might be close?
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  5. #5
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,361

    Default

    comic mags was able to bring a giant speeding bullet carrying kitty pryde back to earth from several light years away.

    not to mention, his shields are damn powerful. i don't movie mags even denting them.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    comic mags was able to bring a giant speeding bullet carrying kitty pryde back to earth from several light years away.

    not to mention, his shields are damn powerful. i don't movie mags even denting them.
    Do you have any context on that bullet feat? I've seen the scan of Kitty phasing it. I mean the other stuff.

    Like, did he just flip it around? Or was it like "I will gently nudge this thing until it eventually makes a return orbit"? Was it actually light years?
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Do you have any context on that bullet feat? I've seen the scan of Kitty phasing it. I mean the other stuff.

    Like, did he just flip it around? Or was it like "I will gently nudge this thing until it eventually makes a return orbit"? Was it actually light years?
    It took him extremely extended meditation and severely exhausted him to do, it should be noted. He didn't just I Dream of Jeannie head bop and make it happen, it was a prolonged effort.

    With that said, comics Magneto has EMP'd the planet. He's just in another place.

  8. #8
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It took him extremely extended meditation and severely exhausted him to do, it should be noted. He didn't just I Dream of Jeannie head bop and make it happen, it was a prolonged effort.

    With that said, comics Magneto has EMP'd the planet. He's just in another place.
    So instead of shouting MAGNETS !!!! He quietly chanted magnets !!! for awhile ?

    I can dig it.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  9. #9
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It took him extremely extended meditation and severely exhausted him to do, it should be noted. He didn't just I Dream of Jeannie head bop and make it happen, it was a prolonged effort.

    With that said, comics Magneto has EMP'd the planet. He's just in another place.
    yep. but it was still a bit beyond what movie mags can do.

    and can't he mess with people's blood via the iron in their bodies?

  10. #10
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Also aren’t comics mags shields strong enough to survive nukes

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It took him extremely extended meditation and severely exhausted him to do, it should be noted. He didn't just I Dream of Jeannie head bop and make it happen, it was a prolonged effort.

    With that said, comics Magneto has EMP'd the planet. He's just in another place.
    Ok. Context is good. Thanks.

    Are we super duper sure a planetary EMP is wildly beyond this?
    https://youtu.be/Ut4K6GILXDg
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Ok. Context is good. Thanks.

    Are we super duper sure a planetary EMP is wildly beyond this?
    https://youtu.be/Ut4K6GILXDg
    The Emp was basically "and now I EMP the planet". The thing in the movie was taking its time, is the difference.

  13. #13
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,361

    Default

    the issue with movie mags is that he needs to get pass comic mags' shields.

    also, didn't mags survive a glancing blow from galactus?

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the issue with movie mags is that he needs to get pass comic mags' shields.

    also, didn't mags survive a glancing blow from galactus?
    "A glancing blow" from Galactus is like soooo hard to quantify.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  15. #15
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    "A glancing blow" from Galactus is like soooo hard to quantify.
    i remember a scan from the original secret wars where magneto was able to survive a glancing attack from galen. i gotta find it again. but i could be misremembering it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •