Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Magneto (comics) vs. Magneto (movies)

616 vs the Fox movies.

Movie Magneto is operating at Age of Apocalypse levels.
    New York.

BONUS: A 10 pound block of Adamantium is sitting between them. Pure tug of war challenge only. Who can pull it to their side first?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

comic mags works on a waaaaaaaaaaay bigger scale than movie mags

Mighty Member

Comics Magneto would shred the movie version to pieces. The man once created a wormhole with magnetism somehow, tossing Hercules around, taking on nuclear bombardment, and manipulating light.

He's got his Apocalypse power up just as a reminder. 616 Mags def has way more esoteric uses to his abilities, but raw oomph might be close?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

comic mags was able to bring a giant speeding bullet carrying kitty pryde back to earth from several light years away.

not to mention, his shields are damn powerful. i don't movie mags even denting them.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    comic mags was able to bring a giant speeding bullet carrying kitty pryde back to earth from several light years away.

not to mention, his shields are damn powerful. i don't movie mags even denting them.
    Do you have any context on that bullet feat? I've seen the scan of Kitty phasing it. I mean the other stuff.

Like, did he just flip it around? Or was it like "I will gently nudge this thing until it eventually makes a return orbit"? Was it actually light years?
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Do you have any context on that bullet feat? I've seen the scan of Kitty phasing it. I mean the other stuff.

Like, did he just flip it around? Or was it like "I will gently nudge this thing until it eventually makes a return orbit"? Was it actually light years?
    It took him extremely extended meditation and severely exhausted him to do, it should be noted. He didn't just I Dream of Jeannie head bop and make it happen, it was a prolonged effort.

With that said, comics Magneto has EMP'd the planet. He's just in another place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It took him extremely extended meditation and severely exhausted him to do, it should be noted. He didn't just I Dream of Jeannie head bop and make it happen, it was a prolonged effort.

With that said, comics Magneto has EMP'd the planet. He's just in another place.
    So instead of shouting MAGNETS !!!! He quietly chanted magnets !!! for awhile ?

I can dig it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

yep. but it was still a bit beyond what movie mags can do.

and can't he mess with people's blood via the iron in their bodies?

BANNED

Also aren’t comics mags shields strong enough to survive nukes

Ok. Context is good. Thanks.

Are we super duper sure a planetary EMP is wildly beyond this?
    https://youtu.be/Ut4K6GILXDg
    - big_adventure

Ok. Context is good. Thanks.

Are we super duper sure a planetary EMP is wildly beyond this?
    https://youtu.be/Ut4K6GILXDg
    The Emp was basically "and now I EMP the planet". The thing in the movie was taking its time, is the difference.

the issue with movie mags is that he needs to get pass comic mags' shields.

also, didn't mags survive a glancing blow from galactus?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the issue with movie mags is that he needs to get pass comic mags' shields.

also, didn't mags survive a glancing blow from galactus?
    "A glancing blow" from Galactus is like soooo hard to quantify.
    - big_adventure

"A glancing blow" from Galactus is like soooo hard to quantify.
    i remember a scan from the original secret wars where magneto was able to survive a glancing attack from galen. i gotta find it again. but i could be misremembering it.