Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default How long do you think it'll be before DC has another reboot?

DC comics are doing really well atm and I don't think a reboot will happening any time soon, especially with the return of the JSA, LSH, and YJ. Plus with what Scott Snyder is doing with Justice League. They also have quite a few comics coming out in September and then Tom King's Batman/Catwoman.

So, I was just wondering with all this going on. How long do you think they'll keep this up and when do you think there will be another reboot?
    Last edited by TheDragonKing; 06-18-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    DC comics are doing really well atm and I don't think a reboot will happening any time soon, especially with the return of the JSA, LSH, and YJ. Plus with what Scott Snyder is doing with Justice League. They also have quite a few comics coming out in September and then Tom King's Batman/Catwoman.

So, I was just wondering with all this going on. How long do you think they'll keep this up and when do you think there will be another reboot?
    Well they could have done something grand with Doomsday Clock. But DC failed that.
    And all Snyder can do with super-heros is ruin them.

What DC and other publishers should do is give more time to its teams to do some better writting and better art.
    Some of the JL art and writting for exemple si very pitiful.
    The monstly rush is a waist of their talents.

As for a reboot, unless it's to really re-imagin super-heroes, they should stop with that ! There is no need.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post

All of those are done by only three writers, so it depends on how long they stay and if they can keep up the sales

The reboot is afaik next year or 2021

Boisterously Confused

Depends on how long before sales fall and the editorial office panics.

Astonishing Member

Like the other two times, when you have a new regime taking charge at DC.

I'd say 5 or 10 years.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Depends. There were rumors of one a couple years ago coming around 2020. But that also came with a lot of caveats. Like getting rid of all marriages. It's easy for DC to say "No, we're not going to do that" and be honest if they don't plan to get rid of the marriages. The public finding out may have pushed that back or taken it off the table altogether. Jim Lee himself came out to dispel the idea but that doesn't mean it's true or that it will happen the way they said it would. In a way we're getting a soft reboot now with the return of the JSA and Rebirth undoing things like New 52 Superman and WW. Don't know that they plan on taking it any further than that. The real answer will come down to if the new regime at AT&T feel the need to step in. Remember, New 52 was the result of Didio's job being threatened. I've often kind of wondered if Warners or someone above DC itself shouldn't take over. Maybe they'd do a better job. At least you'd get people who understand it's a business and not just try to turn it into their own personal fan fiction.

I think we'll see talk of one within the next five years. Floppies are getting more expensive and are more and more a niche audience. I have a feeling AT&T will argue for phasing them out altogether within the next five years or so. Then we might see talk of rebuilding from the ground up. That's assuming Didio doesn't get his job threatened again and we don't get another team in there who just decides to go in a different direction. Or the suits don't just take over. I think within ten years, floppies will be done. That might have a profound effect on the directions the books go in. If Didio keeps undermining characters he personally doesn't like and then saying "the fans will thank me later", another reboot might happen sooner rather than later.
    Assassinate Putin!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Hopefully, a week.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

When the next writer ages the next Robin. Ad infinitum.

I don't think a reboot is coming but I do think a new continuity is coming that will have something akin to an "it all happened" approach. Or at least that's what I hope.

BANNED

I am suspicious that some kind of reboot might happen after Doomsday Clock concludes.
    I am getting some pretty strong vibes especially after the revelations in the latest issue.

Feels like we're heading for the next one within the next several months.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like we're heading for the next one within the next several months.
    Well, it would bring Roy Harper back....

Perhaps once Doomsday Clock concludes?
    Then again, that’d make no sense IMO.
    Doomsday Clock should map out the DCU and its history (meta verse), but a reboot is not what I’d go for right now.