Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Doomsday Clock will have no bearing on anything. Scott Snyder admitted in a recent interview that DC has moved past it already, if that wasn't glaringly obvious from the crap they're printing right now.
    That interview (Newsarama) was edited to remove those comments at Snyder's request.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    That interview (Newsarama) was edited to remove those comments at Snyder's request.
    Likely because he realized the effect it would have on sales of Doomsday Clock if people realized a series already hurt by delays was going to have no real impact.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Likely because he realized the effect it would have on sales of Doomsday Clock if people realized a series already hurt by delays was going to have no real impact.
    I feel cheated!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    That doesn't mean those comments aren't true.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 06-18-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Mighty Member

Hey guys,

Are there any link to rumors about possible reboot for DC in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Hey guys,

Are there any link to rumors about possible reboot for DC in 2020?
    Last time there were Jim Lee talked about them and dismissed them, but if they were true, he was just downplaying them. Maybe they pushed the reboot back or modified their plans for what we have now.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    With the JL issue coming out where they meet the JSA, I think that ship has sailed. Remember, no one was supposed to remember they existed.
    Assassinate Putin!

When you guys are talking about a “reboot” what exactly are you talking about? Because I feel like a lot of people use “reboot” interchangeably with “relaunch” or “retcon”. In my mind a reboot means starting from square 1 again and I don’t believe DC has any plans of doing that right now. I do believe another linewide relaunch is coming though, probably to coincide with the end of Snyder’s run on JL. There will be creative team shifts and new creative directions for characters.

Been done.

Astonishing Member

Probably and sooner than later.

It's DC's specialty...since it causes as big a mess as it was supposed to clean it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    When you guys are talking about a “reboot” what exactly are you talking about? Because I feel like a lot of people use “reboot” interchangeably with “relaunch” or “retcon”. In my mind a reboot means starting from square 1 again and I don’t believe DC has any plans of doing that right now. I do believe another linewide relaunch is coming though, probably to coincide with the end of Snyder’s run on JL. There will be creative team shifts and new creative directions for characters.
    I agree DC shouldn't/won't go back to square 1...but what's wrong with square 2?

We don't need more origin stories...or the first meeting of a hero/ine and her/his classic villain/ess.

I would enjoy a simpler DC universe...with elements of the mythology methodically and slowly added back in over time.

* How long do you think it'll be before DC has another reboot?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...another-reboot

* Wishes for a Reboot..
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...es-for-a-Reboo

* The Next Reboot: If, Why, When, How, etc?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...y-When-How-etc

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    * How long do you think it'll be before DC has another reboot?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...another-reboot

* Wishes for a Reboot..
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...es-for-a-Reboo

* The Next Reboot: If, Why, When, How, etc?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...y-When-How-etc
    Crisis of Multiple Threads?
    Should the forums reboot to where all the reeboot speculation threads, all retroactively existed in one continuous thread?
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-19-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Maybe. Probably. I dunno?

I kinda think they should reboot comic universes every 15 to 20 years anyway.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Reboot is a relative term in fandom. Makes it hard to discern what one means unless being specific. When I say 1-2 years I'm just talking the rebranding initiative route. To me a "reboot" is the same definition you apply, and I don't see that happening again with the main verse.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El