Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

He's just kind of wimpy. He felt.pain for the first time, and ran away/suffered a lack of confidence.

I would say that if you start to count that against him you start to end up in a weird situation (who is unwilling to go for the kill vs who is psychologically unable to kill.)

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

If you count the couple comics that came out, IIRC it was years before he was functional again after that.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    Without looking back to shore
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    For context we only ever see him get hurt once towards the end of the special and he's sent running away crying by it. As someone else mentioned in this thread he wasn't even injured in that incident, he was sent packing because he was so unused to feeling pain.
    How do you know he wasn't injured at all? Just because he wasn't bleeding or anything really doesn't mean he wasn't injured.

Because he immediately got up and ran away without appearing to be in any actual physical distress beyond his over-the-top reaction to feeling pain at all.

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Because he immediately got up and ran away without appearing to be in any actual physical distress beyond his over-the-top reaction to feeling pain at all.
    That still doesn't mean he wasn't hurt now how bad it hurt him we don't know but it definitely did some kinda damage.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That still doesn't mean he wasn't hurt now how bad it hurt him we don't know but it definitely did some kinda damage.
    It obviously "hurt" in that he felt physical pain. It definitely did not injure him in that his body is still fully functional without so much as a scratch or a bruise either when he runs away or when he cries in the psychologist's office. As far as whatever we might call damage, I dunno, can you point out the non-psychological damage? I mean, I'd agree that there must be some negligible amount for him to have felt pain, but we're talking like, not even definitively equal to a stubbed toe.

At any rate, what's been said is that he wasn't injured, and he wasn't. Body is fully intact, functional and unwounded. The scene is really extremely clear about the effect of the explosion being primarily psychological in that he's never felt pain before.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 06-22-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Forever
    Wherever

Hell, we're not even sure he ACTUALLY felt what we would call pain. This is a guy who has never felt it before; maybe the flash and noise of the explosion just scared him. The scene is absolutely set up to infantilize him, and that's totally a thing that can happen if you surprise small children with big noises.

All we really know is this: He was right next to an exploding Death Ray. He immediately got up without appearing to be injured, said "I think this is what pain feels like," and ran away literally crying for his mommy.

Forever
    Wherever

I don't know it may have been a internal injury just saying.