Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Captain Hammer vs Jessica Jones

Captain Hammer vs Netflix Jessica Jones

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Feats for Captain Hammer?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

He has almost no on-screen feats. He maybe kinda flies. He's definitely bullet-proof. He can throw a car casually - Dr. Horrible blogs that.

He has some level of invulnerability - he is only ever hurt once, and barely, by Dr. Horrible with prep. Since he'd never been hurt before, this shatters his ego completely and he disapears. He has some level of super strength. And, prior to his slight injury, had an ego that would make the Dorm jealous.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Yeah, I mean the context for "hurt" here is that being next to Dr. Horrible's exploding death ray caused him to feel pain at all. He was not otherwise visibly wounded in any way.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that Jessica could lift his hammer.

Didn't he pick up a bus offscreen or something?

If he has some serious level of durability, I'm not liking Jessica's odds. Especially since 'throw a car casually' is a touch outside of her paygrade; she talks about throwing a car, but I've yet to see it happen and she doesn't seem like it's something she could do just as a lark (ie, she'd need to put effort into it).

Based on what people are saying, between Hammer having potentially greater physical strength and clearly an edge in durability (Jones is tough enough to take punches from Cage and not get insta-smooshed, but she's not 'bulletproof' tough in any way, shape, or form), I figure he takes this.

Mileage, it may vary.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

It's pretty much that, based on what little we know of Hammer. He's got all of maybe 12 minutes of screen time in a 45 minute special made during the writer's strike. And 6 of that is singing.

Jess is a much better fighter, but I don't think that she can hurt him. And he's strong enough to wreck her eventually.

OTOH, IF and only IF she's actually strong enough to hurt him, actually hurting him, even a little, is probably enough to win. I just doubt that she can do it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    OTOH, IF and only IF she's actually strong enough to hurt him, actually hurting him, even a little, is probably enough to win. I just doubt that she can do it.
    Emotionally maybe.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that Jessica could lift his hammer.
    If by "lift" you mean "rip it off."

I keep having this mental image of Hammer getting his ass kicked and the attacker saying something like "After what you did to Penny, when I'm done with you the hammer will no longer be your penis."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    If he has some serious level of durability, I'm not liking Jessica's odds. Especially since 'throw a car casually' is a touch outside of her paygrade; she talks about throwing a car, but I've yet to see it happen and she doesn't seem like it's something she could do just as a lark (ie, she'd need to put effort into it).

Based on what people are saying, between Hammer having potentially greater physical strength and clearly an edge in durability (Jones is tough enough to take punches from Cage and not get insta-smooshed, but she's not 'bulletproof' tough in any way, shape, or form), I figure he takes this.

Mileage, it may vary.
    How much do phsychological weankesses factor in with the bloodlust rule? Cause while Jessica can't do much to Captain Hammer, it dosn't take doing much to send him running.

Not a clue. I mean, if it's tried and true CIS, maybe?
    Why are we here?

I would think bloodlust would handle banal cowardice and the like in the same way that it suspends an aversion to killing and the like.

Normally it would. But if it's up to the level of a psychosis or the like, though, that's as much of a mental issue as abject stupidity* (ie, something that impedes the character severely in fights that cannot be explained by PIS or some choice they've consciously made).

I don't know the character, so I can't say.

*Edit: to clarify, I am NOT equating a psychosis with abject stupidity, I'm saying both are things that can degrade one's effectiveness in a fight and are part and parcel of someone's mental processes - they're not 'choices' or 'dislikes'.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-20-2019 at 11:53 AM.
    Why are we here?

BANNED

For context we only ever see him get hurt once towards the end of the special and he's sent running away crying by it. As someone else mentioned in this thread he wasn't even injured in that incident, he was sent packing because he was so unused to feeling pain.