With Gillien's run coming to a close, any thoughts on how these two runs have been compared to each other?

I think Aaron's run was a bit more unorthodox, with stuff such as revealing there was a first, shorter duel between Luke and Vader which becomes the catalyst for him eventually figuring out who Luke is (As he recognizes his old lightsaber) and Han's "wife". I also enjoyed the Obi-Wan stuff, but I felt that the Yoda issues that ended his run was kind of were iffy.

Gillen's run is in, a few ways, a continuation of his Vader work (along with his Aphra comic)-especially since we've had quite a few arcs revolving around Queen Trios. However, I think his run-which seems to be also be heavily reliant on Rogue One and Solo references -kind of drags a bit with the story, and the inconsistent Salvador Larocca art at the beginning didn't help IMO. However, I thought the Mon Calamari and Hope Dies were pretty good, and helped explain why the rebel command in ANH and Rogue One is a bit different from ESB and ROTJ.