Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: X-Men vs. DC

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Is this to say without franklin Richards? Or Phoenix? Or only mutants that could conceivably be convinced to help?

For my dollars it would all start with
    Damian Trypp, Sr.

Who both knows magic, and can control time to a degree that he knows the moment the JLA attacks our earth.
    THEN

Gabriel Shepherd
    Matthew Malloy
    Jamie Braddock
    Legion
    Nate Grey
    Mister M
    Vulcan

Just these guys alone would get it done.

Maybe any 3 of them plus Damian Trypp.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

I can't believe I forgot him but Darwin actually has a chance to win, If his mutation works more like did against Hela than it did against the Hulk.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Storm (leader), Shepherd, Rockslide, Iceman, Rogue, M, Elixir, Namor, Prestige, Gentle, Tempus, Legion

A lot of them could take out a big portion of the Justice League.
    Not gonna lie. It took me a moment to remember who Prestige was.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The only chance mutants have is reality warpers types that can exist without a body or reconstitute themselves

Gabriel Shepherd
    Matthew Malloy
    Franklin Richards
    Jamie Braddock
    Legion
    Nate Grey
    Mister M
    Proteus
    Vulcan
    Jean Grey Phoenix
    Iceman

Malloy or Franklin Richards probably kills them all
    Adding Magik to take on Superman. Also, where's Exodus in all this? I'm sending the dude to take on Manhunter.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post

Adding Magik to take on Superman. Also, where's Exodus in all this? I'm sending the dude to take on Manhunter.
    Superman and most of DC characters are fast, With Superman and Flash being faster than light fast. Assuming DC and Marvel characters mean to kill each other that means Flash and Superman are breaking everyone necks before most of them can even react or if they are in character slapping them into unconsciousness. So it means even people ridiculous powerful as Nate Grey, Vulcan or even Legion or Franklin might not stand a chance.Who stands a chance without speed

1. A character who can survive death and come back another form that is harder to kill. So since most reality warpers tend to at some point evolve beyond need for a frail human body into a energy form some might have a chance.

2. Character who can automatically/innately protect themselves with autoshield and has power to follow up with some amazing

3. A character who has crazy survivability and power to follow up with something amazing. If Juggernaut could warp reality maybe he could do something.

They are very few characters in comics as fast DC characters, When these fights play out on the rumbles board general only a couple characters in Marvel Sentry, Silver Surfer,Gladiator and Thanos tend to win against consistently DC characters. The universes tend to flow out of their popular characters so if you are going to be in a story with Flash or Superman you tend to get high speed in that book. Marvel top popular characters aren't fast like that so speed isn't a big thing at Marvel. Ironically Marvel is seen as more grounded but that isn't really anymore they are plenty of characters Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Captain Marvel, Spectrum, Vulcan, Gabriel Shepherd who are in the mold of DC characters at some point they will get the crazy feat that cements them on that level. This is the long explanation

If written logically, Superman doesn't even need the Justice League. But that's the thing, whenever he is depicted in a group setting, Supes is always massively dumbed down so guys like Green Arrow can contribute to the story. If the JL are fighting Parademons, Superman will be shown throwing very slow (and easily telegraphed) haymakers against ONE Parademon, while at the same time powerless Batman will be shown somersaulting around the battleground tossing exploding Batarangs that take out whole groups of these enemies!

So considering that weird rule, I think the X-Men should have a chance at victory. My team would be Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Magik, Rogue, Phoenix, Cyclops, Logan, Magneto, Storm, Namor, Tempus and (ugh) Beast. (Because all superhero teams need a "science guy." ) I only wanted to choose characters that were legitimate X-Men, not just "mutant" who appeared in the comic at some point. They win because the JL in this scenario is evil, and good always triumphs in these types of stories, even if it's by some last minute Hail Mary pass.

Edit: I forgot to mention how it would play out!
    Superman: Rogue, Parasite always gives Superman a hard time, so I don't see why Rogue couldn't. Plus, she usually has the abilities of either Carol Danvers or Wonderman, so that gives her an edge Parasite doesn't have! Also, Magik can tag in and attack him with her mystical powers and Soulsword.

Batman: Logan in combat (when written correctly, Wolverine is a master martial artist) Cyclops in matters of tactics.

Wonder Woman: Storm, she won it in DC vs. Marvel. Plus, we can give Ororo an Asgardian Hammer to compensate for what was originally a popularity contest. Lol.

Manhunter: like RachelGrey said, Emma. Her diamond form protects her from both telepathic attacks and can withstand punches from the Hulk. Just give her a book of matches, lol.

Aquaman: Namor. Sure, he lost in DC vs. Marvel, but I don't see this royal rumble happening in (or near) the ocean so Namor should have the advantage, since he can fly and trade blows with the Hulk.

Cyborg: He should still be vulnerable to Kitty's shorting out of electronics and Magneto's magnetic abilities, right?.(I honestly don't know much about this character outside of cartoons and movies.)

Flash: Maybe Tempus can freeze him in a time bubble? IDK.

Green Lantern: Phoenix. He should still be vulnerable to telepathic attacks, and the PF is pretty dang strong. If Jean "dies", she will just be reborn in a Phoenix egg and can then time travel back to the present to warn everyone or whatever.

Hawkwoman: I know even less about this character, she just flies around and is strong right? Cyclops could probably shoot her down, and Magneto can also probably smack her with that club she is always carrying around.

Anyways, Batman has a bunch of contingency plans to defeat his own teammates, so either Emma or Jean reads his mind and learns how it can be done, Beast can invent a device or whatever to help them if need be, (this is his moment to shine! ) the X-Men win (Hooray!), and Beast figures out a way to send the evil JL back to their own dimension. The evil Justice Leaguers then make an example out of evil Batman for his "betrayal."
    Last edited by Vegeta; 06-19-2019 at 06:51 AM.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Let Rogue and Hope absorb all their powers and they'll wipes the floor with them ;-)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

If Kitty Pryde phases in time, she's intangible and then does something to the Justice League's hearts or brains from the inside. Leaves a hand grenade inside each skull or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The only chance mutants have is reality warpers types that can exist without a body or reconstitute themselves

Gabriel Shepherd
    Matthew Malloy
    Franklin Richards
    Jamie Braddock
    Legion
    Nate Grey
    Mister M
    Proteus
    Vulcan
    Jean Grey Phoenix
    Iceman

Malloy or Franklin Richards probably kills them all
    I think you got it with your group. Jamie's power is so strange he can instantly kill someone and then bring them back again. He can also make himself completely invisible to all forms of detection until he wants to be seen.

Proteus could easily just wish the entire Justice League out of existence, so can Franklin.

I like your list, these are all the mutants that are close to having godlike levels of power.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    So a dimensional rift has opened up, and an evil Justice League (Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, and Hawkwoman) comes into the 616 universe hunting mutants. All that's left is a team of 12 mutants to stand up to them. Who do you choose, who will lead your team, and does your team really stand a chance?
    This isn't a fair fight, because that's not the most powerful iteration of the Justice League. Especially, if we're able to bring virtually any mutant, irrespective of their natural alignment and proclivities, to bear. But I'll play along...

A realistic battle isn't going to have the most powerful mutants ever. It's going to have only the ones who care, or have a vested interest in the outcome. Take Mad Jim Jaspers. Many will add him to the team. But he doesn't care about the Justice League. They present absolutely no threat to him. That's true for most reality warpers. They can just create a world where the JLA either don't exist, or they never cross paths. That doesn't mean that it necessarily saves 616 from having all mutants wiped out. That same logic applies to other powerful mutants who have comfortable homes on the astral plane, or wherever.

When you consider that Superman and Green Lantern can probably destroy the planet many times over in a fraction of a second without ever setting foot on the Earth, that's going to further reduce the number of mutants who will be left to fight a battle in the void of space. Or maybe they just send Flash back in time after Bruce hacks his way into various databases and uncovers the origins of all of the most powerful mutants on the planet. Flash kills their parents, or wipes out the entire family tree. (Superman can also roll the clock back, lest we forget.) Ultimately, there's no one left to fight.

The only thing that favors the X-Men is that this battle is taking place in 616. If it was taking place in DCU, Batman solos. Not joking. For all of the crazy feats that Superman has, no one enjoys more PIS armor than Bruce. Whatever you're thinking, Batman is already 100 steps ahead of you. And he has the writers on his side. Your team is smoke. You just don't see the ashes yet.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 06-19-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

I think the Mutants have a chance, at winning. With the correct power set I think they can take it. But IMO though depends on what mutants are in play.

So, my pick are mutants that when they used their powers passed their limitations should be enough to take out the Evil JL so i'm going with these people: Jean, Storm, Iceman, Magneto, Magik, Rogue, Legion, Kitty, Cassandra Nova, Namor, Vulcan and last Tempest.

Wow. I'm so lame. I started this thread and I was going to make a team of Namor, Cyclops, Quicksilver, etc...

Reading through the replies and I realize I nowhere near thought this through enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    Wow. I'm so lame. I started this thread and I was going to make a team of Namor, Cyclops, Quicksilver, etc...

Reading through the replies and I realize I nowhere near thought this through enough.
    It's a fun thread, I like that we are all coming up with more and more obscure characters as each page goes by. Hehe, when we are finished coming up with the perfect team the Justice League is finished once and for all!