Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X-Men vs. DC

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    We pick the team, huh? If the X-Men had to respond to the threat of an evil Justice League blind, they really wouldn’t stand a chance. What would their points of reference be for Superman or the Flash?
    It would be nice if the Justice League would just stand still for a minute and do their evil monologue long enough for the telepaths to lock them all down and Illyana sends them to Limbo.

They are so ridiculously OP though. That was the reason I let Rachel have the Phoenix back, it's a godlike being that may have the power to at least hold some of the JL powerhouses distracted long enough for the rest of the team to come up with a strategy to defeat them.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    ooh, I forgot Rogue, she did fight Gladiator but it was a hard fight. Taking Superman down is going to be really tough. Oh I see you added in Tempus to manipulate time and Rachel can crono-skim which might help them completely counter Flash.
    Rogue has that upgrade where she can take your powers from a distance, too.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    How? Flash moves at millions of times the speed of light. Superman moves at near light speed, and a single punch can destroy a planet.
    Well I wasn’t really expecting Superman (even evil) to come out of the gate with eye-exploding speeds. But I did pick several ppl who either have a lot of hax or can’t be destroyed by conventional methods. Legion can rearrange universes and warp reality. Gentle has Hulk-tier strength. Elixir could kill them all from a distance if he wanted to.

Also what Flash are we using?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Rogue has that upgrade where she can take your powers from a distance, too.

Well I wasn’t really expecting Superman (even evil) to come out of the gate with eye-exploding speeds. But I did pick several ppl who either have a lot of hax or can’t be destroyed by conventional methods. Legion can rearrange universes and warp reality. Gentle has Hulk-tier strength. Elixir could kill them all from a distance if he wanted to.
    Oh, in that case I would just send Legion against them and not worry about it. He just wishes them out of reality and they all cease to exist, problem solved.

Oh, in that case I would just send Legion against them and not worry about it. He just wishes them out of reality and they all cease to exist, problem solved.
    I don’t know if Flash is immune to chronokinesis, because Shepherd could just freeze him and just pound on Supes or trap him in a mental illusion loop ala that IvX Karnak scene.

Green Lanterns can survive multiversal wiping events from shear willpower, hold back the power of a big bang, time travel and have resistances to mind control amongst other things. Alan Scott, one of the strongest of the Green Lanterns, hit Sinestro so hard it shattered reality.

The problem is finding a balance where the fight isn't a brutal curb stomp for one side or the other. We use the JLU as they've been written, the mutants lose instantly. You use the JLU from say, the Bruce Timm cartoon, and a team of Jean, Betsy, Rachel, Emma, and the Cuckoos nopes them all easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I don’t know if Flash is immune to chronokinesis, because Shepherd could just freeze him and just pound on Supes or trap him in a mental illusion loop ala that IvX Karnak scene.
    No one would get the time to do anything, setting aside Flash's time travel powers, he can perceive things at a attosecond (one quintillionth of a second), putting his reaction times astronomically above everyone else, all he would need to do then is either infinite mass punch everyone to death or for the more tricky ones, put them in the speed force and BFR them whatever way he wants since he is god there.

The X-Men and most powerful mutants generally want the fight over as quickly as possible. I’ve never known that many versions of the Justice League to instablitz their opponents with their megauniversal punches. Not that the Justice League are weak by any stretch of the imagination, but unless they’re specifically in a state of trying to get rid of their opponents ASAP then I can see a team of mutants using that to their advantage.

deathstroke solos both teams before the fighting starts sorry
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The JL pretty much destroys under most circumstances. Their speed and super brick status edges out most of the mutant hitters. I'd bring:

Tempus
    Legion
    Nate Grey
    Jean Grey
    Magneto
    Shadow King
    Storm
    Iceman
    Exodus
    Hope
    Rogue
    Magik or Kitty Pryde

The team would likely lose but I think they have the best chance for casualties to the JL.

Adult Franklin Richards
    Madrox
    Mag
    Current Rogue
    Legion
    Iceman
    Nate
    Magik
    Hope
    Jean
    Meggan
    Elixir

If no FR, sub in Rachel or Stryfe or Emma if she will download Nate/Jean tk. Fun round with New Son Gambit/Amped Kitty=Black Vortex/Dazzler/Darwin/Pocky/Mothervine Shaw in for whoever out.

All of them can frontline. FR makes them into his herald like he did to Galactus otherwise Jean/Nate tp amp 5 of them to omega level if FR is too op. Force their powers into Madrox - current uncanny run. Rogue/Hope hax = 3XMadrox. Mag/Meggan/Iceman pretty much control all elemental forces. Magik's hax. Mag is Mag. Iceman/Mag/Elixir control blood.
    Last edited by 1234; 06-19-2019 at 12:13 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

that's the thing none of these xcharacters have the reaction speed capable of stopping flash, superman and wonder woman before they are blitzed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    The JL pretty much destroys under most circumstances. Their speed and super brick status edges out most of the mutant hitters. I'd bring:

Tempus
    Legion
    Nate Grey
    Jean Grey
    Magneto
    Shadow King
    Storm
    Iceman
    Exodus
    Hope
    Rogue
    Magik or Kitty Pryde

The team would likely lose but I think they have the best chance for casualties to the JL.
    agreed especially with the bolded.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The only chance mutants have is reality warpers types that can exist without a body or reconstitute themselves

Gabriel Shepherd
    Matthew Malloy
    Franklin Richards
    Jamie Braddock
    Legion
    Nate Grey
    Mister M
    Proteus
    Vulcan
    Jean Grey Phoenix
    Iceman

Malloy or Franklin Richards probably kills them all