Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Age of X-Man: The Amazing Nightcrawler #5 (spoilers/discussion)

Yeeeah... so the cover to this issue was appropriate in that the ending kind of gutted me.

Kurt sacrificing himself for the people he loves is so heartbreakingly in-character, and having him deny that there was ever any chemistry between him and Meggan... ouch. Just ouch.

I'd really like to see a second arc for this book. I mean, obviously it can't happen, but there's so much more dramatic potential to be explored here - the Cuckoos' machinations, the fallout at Lady Mastermind's studio once Nori departs, Meggan and little TJ keeping their memories of Kurt, the actual nature of TJ's existence, etc. But I guess the best we can do is hope for some fallout once everyone's back in their proper dimension.

McGuire's done a fabulous job questioning the nature of Kurt's heroism in this reality while still allowing him to remain a hero, and she's left me wanting more. Best of the minis so far.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 06-19-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

This was good. I wonder how's meggen going to react when she rembers she married and had a kid with captain Britain.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So were Briquette and the turquoise haired woman some peeps previously discussed finally named?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Wow. The reveal that TJ is Meggan and Kurt’s kid should be huge, but I guess Brian could understand the.....circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Wow. The reveal that TJ is Meggan and Kurt’s kid should be huge, but I guess Brian could understand the.....circumstances?
    This is going to break some hearts either way - either the kid is a construct and gets left behind when this reality flies back up Nate's butt, or she's an actual flesh-and-blood person whose existence can only wreck her mother's happiness. Gah. So many feels...
    Last edited by Anduinel; 06-19-2019 at 06:34 AM.

This was really well done. I want McGuire on a longer running X-Men book.

BANNED

TJ > Maggie

i'm sure TJ won't make it to real world, since AOX won't have a follow up

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Unless TJ is the mother of the red nightcrawler

It’s what she deserves

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Unless TJ is the mother of the red nightcrawler
    it would be naother TJ, Hickman won't reference AOX

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeeeah... so the cover to this issue was appropriate in that the ending kind of gutted me.

Kurt sacrificing himself for the people he loves is so heartbreakingly in-character, and having him deny that there was ever any chemistry between him and Meggan... ouch. Just ouch.

I'd really like to see a second arc for this book. I mean, obviously it can't happen, but there's so much more dramatic potential to be explored here - the Cuckoos' machinations, the fallout at Lady Mastermind's studio once Nori departs, Meggan and little TJ keeping their memories of Kurt, the actual nature of TJ's existence, etc. But I guess the best we can do is hope for some fallout once everyone's back in their proper dimension.

McGuire's done a fabulous job questioning the nature of Kurt's heroism in this reality while still allowing him to remain a hero, and she's left me wanting more. Best of the minis so far.
    My first impression of this issue is that it really just kinda fell flat. But the more I think about it, your right...the idea around Kurt's sacrifice poignant.

But I do think it was a bit rushed...and they really could have used one more issue. And your right this really does lend itself to a follow up.

Also Nori is a sell out. Oh well now Regan has to go back to making straight to DVD movies about Hellion XD
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    My first impression of this issue is that it really just kinda fell flat. But the more I think about it, your right...the idea around Kurt's sacrifice poignant.

But I do think it was a bit rushed...and they really could have used one more issue. And your right this really does lend itself to a follow up.
    Always leave 'em wanting more... XD

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well if she just ends up erased with the rest of the reality, it kinda just renders this mini completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    This is going to break some hearts either way - either the kid is a construct and gets left behind when this reality flies back up Nate's butt, or she's an actual flesh-and-blood person whose existence can only wreck her mother's happiness. Gah. So many feels...
    Ugh but there’s so many cool new mutants that can be new background filler while we develop the actual 616 mutants that deserve it. I wouldn’t mind seeing Apate, Scope, Luna, Unveil, Scripture, Nezumi, and any of the Danger Room prisoners just walking around on Mars or the World or wherever the hell the X-Men are gonna be in HoX.