Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I always thought Illyana was inmune or at leasr very resistent to telepathy.
    Logan's mind was such a mess for a long time, even for Jean and Xavier, he should be incredibly resistent.
    And Cyclops has lived and being closely related to powerfull telepaths most of his life, he definitely should be resistent too.
    But...that would make a lot harder to tell bad stories.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This issue was packed much like last issue. Going to have to reread a few times just to be clear on everything.

First, a nitpick, but the ambush was 3 days ago, and the meeting with Dark Beast was 2 days ago.

I am still unclear exactly what Dark Beast was up to with the cure for the cure, is it something that happens in extremely rare cases where a mutant just happens to activate their powers, or will it happen to all kids who have not manifested yet, or ones who have manifested but their powers are hidden? It probably doesn't matter, but it was hard to gauge just how sinister the scheme was.

Now I am trying to figure out who all is playing each other. It does not seem as if Emma knew of Dark Beast and Sinister being in cahoots. Did anyone else? Somehow the Upstarts were aware of what Emma was doing, is there a mole? Did Mystique have her own agenda and was working with others? I am curious if Callahan actually has Sinister now or if there is going to be a twist with regards to that next issue.
    This issue felt a bit like filler. Also, did Logan just kill all of Emma's soldiers, or were they just phantoms she created in their heads to make Logan and Kwannon think they had soldiers. Or were they just robots. It seemed a bit too easy.

I am really starting to wonder if anyone is actually seeing what they think they are. I am wondering if X is pulling strings behind the scenes and he may or may not have been controlling Emma for a while. I was hoping that it might look like Emma had some kind of plan, but now she just seems to be floundering and just trying to keep Scott and the X-Men, Elixer, and Marrow alive until she can come up with a better plan. I was definitely right about Emma having a tracker in her, Callahan seems to always know where she is, so she has definitely been on a short leash the whole time.

Dark Beast and Sinister are running their own game. I get what the intention is, the cure for the virus makes the cure deadly under certain conditions to discourage anyone from taking it. It looks like Dr Nemesis is going to fix that though and maybe remove the part that makes it deadly during mutant puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Bunn has. When Blue was still going he said in an interview that he didn't want to write the 05, his plans for Uncanny were completely gutted, and he was told it was gonna be X-Blue or nothing..
    And now...Bunn isn't writing anything at X-offices; I'm sure Rosenberg would want to avoid the same fate.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    And there's Liefeld who apparently outright contradicted editors on twitter. Major X was mentioned in a list of books that would lead to, or play a role in, HOX / POX and he came back and said it wasn't true or he wasn't writing anything that had to do with Hickman. I read about it in passing here, but didn't investigate.
    Well, that Tweet was not good, but all it was doing is trying keep people from expecting a reboot and thinking all these books were filler. Liefeld mostly responded because he was salty that HoX/PoX was getting 10 times more variants than his book did.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    Yes, back in the good ole days when Illyana's mind was closed to even the most powerful of telepaths such as Xavier and Frost. Now she's just an open book.
    Not to mention an immunity to the techo-virus... but yeeeaaaahhh...

I'm glad it's almost done and it's been a mess but I have enjoyed it more than the AoX books by a mile. I'll be glad for Hickman, but I worry that the huge boner everyone has at Marvel for him means that if HE kills off people or makes super drastic changes we're stuck with that for years, not just a couple of months.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    And no editorial supervision too?
    Because there are lots of continuity errors in this book. I just pointed out that all the Upstarts were supposed to be dead at the moment, yet they show up with no explaination. How can you suspend disbelief with these?
    Well I said Rosenberg, it may be Robinson who answered the letters page. I believe he's assistant editor.

Here's the segment about it.
    Attachment 83585

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    And now...Bunn isn't writing anything at X-offices; I'm sure Rosenberg would want to avoid the same fate.
    Bunn may as well never have written for them in the first place. They ignore all of his character & ideas anyhow. I'll miss his take of my favs. but hopefully he'll be writing for someone who had more respect for his craft, because the X-Office certainly didn't. It's hacks like Pak & Rosenberg they wanna give free reign to and let stuff stick with.

Guggenheim wasn't great, but I haven't heard anything about him in a min. So maybe he's out for now. Sadly nobody will let his resurrection of KittyLossus go. Again, a bad to uninteresting idea sticking while more interesting plots get ignored.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-19-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    This issue felt a bit like filler. Also, did Logan just kill all of Emma's soldiers, or were they just phantoms she created in their heads to make Logan and Kwannon think they had soldiers. Or were they just robots. It seemed a bit too easy.
    Well, I don't know what Emma's recruiting standards are, but HFC grunts were never much against Wolverine. There look to be about 20 of them near the beginning, there are a bunch of them still grappling with Wolverine right before he gets knocked out the window along with Marrow, so they were definitely not all dead or defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Not to mention an immunity to the techo-virus... but yeeeaaaahhh...

I'm glad it's almost done and it's been a mess but I have enjoyed it more than the AoX books by a mile. I'll be glad for Hickman, but I worry that the huge boner everyone has at Marvel for him means that if HE kills off people or makes super drastic changes we're stuck with that for years, not just a couple of months.
    Hickman really isn't the type to kill characters on a whim. The only one I remember, before Time Runs Out and Secret Wars, was the Human Torch, but he always had a plan to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    We don't see her vote yes or say anything about it, whatever actual discussion the X-Men had was not shown.
    Havok and Madrox voted no, no doubt. Hope and Scott probably voted yes. Juggernaut and Banshee should not have any opinion. This leaves the New Mutants, who should be grateful that Dark Beast healed them, as Dani put it.

Also Juggernaut and Banshee can't be manipulated.
    Last edited by Glio; 06-19-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Do you remember when Illyana, Scott and Logan had formidable telepathic resistances?
    Its forgotten most of the time, but with Sinister I can at least justify him being able to slip past Scott's defenses. The man knows Scott's psyche better than anyone outside of Jean and Emma.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Dark Beast betraying the confidence of the X-men I'm sure no one saw this coming.

And I'm not even going to discuss the logic of a group of 90s mutants deciding that the best way to save mutants is to kill mutants and fight the X-men or kill themselves in the face of defeat.

Well let's see the problem with the cure already resolved in part, One will be the next to fall, the X-men will escape from Age of X-man and the extinction plot will be left behind without any long-term consequence.

I hope Hickman can really bring something new to the X-men equation because this collection of old plots put together and tied up does not impress anyone.

Do not misunderstand me Uncanny and the other titles had some good moments but none of them has soul in these stories. Which is a bit sad since the writer said he was free to write this story and there was no editorial influence.

Changing the subject Emma calling Scott Lover reminded me that it's going to be a huge drama when Jean returns .

The only thing I dislike about this issue was Mystique missing Kwannon's heart.

We need an artist on this that doesn’t draw everyone like action figures. People on X-Twitter were saying Adam Gorham, and that fits the feel of this Duncan so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    We need an artist on this that doesn’t draw everyone like action figures. People on X-Twitter were saying Adam Gorham, and that fits the feel of this Duncan so much more.
    I would have LOVED Gorham on this! Would have been a nice continuation from Dead Souls.