Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I love how the issue lowkey makes you realize just how important the telepaths, in particular Jean, Psylocke, and Rachel are. It made me think how they must always have to be on it to make sure so many x-men aren't being manipulated like that have been in this run. Xavier should be ashamed of himself, who would have thought everyones Psi defenses would be this weak.
    That's kind of because Emma has been the one protecting them. Even scanning the school grounds e.g. where she caught Foxx/Mystique.

It kind of makes sense that Emma can break what she has protected for so long.

Points to take away from this

*Mystique was kept hidden from Callhan by Emma
    *Tampering with the vaccine does not seem to be Emma's idea from the story in this issue but there's probably still one more card to play given what is said in the white box.
    Sinister was not meant to get captured.
    Kwannon hates Betsy
    The X-Men do kill

this is all just pedestrian fanfic. and i actually like the Upstarts, MLF, and Nasty Boys.

Extraordinary Member

You know, I'm normally pretty lenient with these things, but anyone trusting any version of Hank McCoy to make a vaccine that doesn't do something bad is an idiot. This is literally the stupidest thing I have ever read in comics. Well, maybe not the stupidest, but it's in the top five

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    What exactly was the point of Scott losing an eye again? I mean it doesn't seem to have handicapped him in anyway so I'm just asking WHY?????
    Him taking a backseat for that New Mutants mini half the readership isn't buying, actually.

Anyway. No idea what's this whole "how could Emma do this" debate even about. The woman actually fooled recording devices with her DoX stunt. Better to just go with it. If anything, the mega plot hole is rather about Callahan keeping her alive in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    You know, I'm normally pretty lenient with these things, but anyone trusting any version of Hank McCoy to make a vaccine that doesn't do something bad is an idiot. This is literally the stupidest thing I have ever read in comics. Well, maybe not the stupidest, but it's in the top five
    This was explained as Sinister's suggestions. That's why Scott is at a complete loss when real Cap tells him what's happening to the children. That's why he told Magik to nab Nemesis, finally thinking clearly.

Which by the way, I would enjoy that small team that teleported from the park: Cyclops, Havok, Dani, Magik, and Dr. Nemesis.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    We see the scene where Emma meets Scott, but if she can make Anole go and do what she wanted, just exactly how much access to Scott are you looking for?
    I was under the impression the mind wipe had already happened at that point but I suppose since the timelines are so whacked here, and we don't know when exactly it manifested, you could be right.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    And, yes, all this use of telepathy is either preposterous, or finally getting it right, take your pick.
    I'd agree. I've always thought that non-telepaths shouldn't have an effective defense but this is part of canon now. For example see these panels from UXM 519. It's Fraction sure but I think it makes a clear case that Scott could prevent both Jean and Emma from accessing certain areas of his mind, and his surface thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm still waiting for his "cure" for the TO virus that will turn Dani, Yana, Rahne, and Shan into giant flesh sentinels or something equally as WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post

I'd agree. I've always thought that non-telepaths shouldn't have an effective defense but this is part of canon now. For example see these panels from UXM 519. It's Fraction sure but I think it makes a clear case that Scott could prevent both Jean and Emma from accessing certain areas of his mind, and his surface thoughts.
    You make good points but those panels show Scott clearly concentrating. It's like saying a Kung Fu master could never be beaten because he's a master. Or a UFC champion can't lose because he's undefeated.

Emma caused so many problems and now she's calling out to Scott to convince them all to come to her aid

I imagine they'd be against helping her, but we all know how Scott is! I'm convinced Scott and Emma are Jon and Dany!

Emma: Help me, Scott

Every X-Men Ever: Don't Scott, she—

Scott:

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You make good points but those panels show Scott clearly concentrating. It's like saying a Kung Fu master could never be beaten because he's a master. Or a UFC champion can't lose because he's undefeated.
    Sure but this is all predicated on the idea that Scott's not always on his guard which is just a silly idea. He's always been depicted as never off the clock. Rosenberg's just hamming it up here and not just with Scott obviously.

Seeing Emma nonchalantly watch her HFC guards get murdered by Wolverine and Kwannon and saying "That *is* their job." made Emma look like her original villainous White Queen self who thought of her minions as disposable and killed them when they failed her.

I'm still not sure why Mystique and Emma would even be working together. Even though she's the White King, Mystique basically just comes off as a hired goon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This was explained as Sinister's suggestions. That's why Scott is at a complete loss when real Cap tells him what's happening to the children. That's why he told Magik to nab Nemesis, finally thinking clearly.

Which by the way, I would enjoy that small team that teleported from the park: Cyclops, Havok, Dani, Magik, and Dr. Nemesis.
    Even that is a pretty weak explanation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    this is all just pedestrian fanfic. and i actually like the Upstarts, MLF, and Nasty Boys.
    Don't insult fanfic like that. They don't get paid, so they have an excuse to be crappy.

Its like Rosenberg is trying to outdo Austen, and when he did that, outdo himself on crappiness again and again.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Having read the issue, I honestly don't know what to say. I'm still confused by a few things.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia