Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Nah that’s probably the only way you shouldn’t deal with that issue. It just shaves off already invested fans. Maybe not having an entire title dedicated to the past version of the O5 or another do-over of a team from the 80s and actually invest time and effort into developing these abandoned characters, then there’d be less complaints. And out of the 78-79ish characters that showed up in Age of X-Man, about 70 showed up so the majority did end up showing up.
    Sorry, I meant show up as in main cast. And while I don't really encourage mass slaughter of unused characters, you are admitting right here that there is no shortage of characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I wouldn't say this. He's trying to avoid spoilers and he's a fan of continuity, so I have a feeling that Age of X-Men will have some fallout. Probably not Uncanny, though.
    True. I think he'll largely ignore the things that have happened since SW with light references here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Sorry, I meant show up as in main cast. And while I don't really encourage mass slaughter of unused characters, you are admitting right here that there is no shortage of characters.
    Rhane was never a character I thought they would mindlessly slaughter. Same for Whedons baby Blindfold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So for all of you going "Hickman likes Emma she will be fine," unless he just completely ignores literally everything out of this run, there won't be a character to use. Which might be for the best considering how brutally OOC just about everyone is.
    I'm honestly hoping he goes full scorched Earth on everything since Disassembled. A man can only dream.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    True. I think he'll largely ignore the things that have happened since SW with light references here and there.
    It's possible that when Nate used the life seed he created two alternate realities and when AoXM ends the two realities merge back together again. This would be a complete reset if all of the AoXM participants pop back into reality a few days after they disappeared which completely reverses everything that happens in Uncanny. Suddenly you have Jean hearing Emma in prison and she sends a big team to retrieve Emma and any other prisoners including the New Mutants. Bam, they defeat the O.N.E. story is over. Instead of Scott being all depressed he goes up to the X-Mansion and knocks on the door, cut to black. Then HoX/PoX starts from there with everything reset.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Rhane was never a character I thought they would mindlessly slaughter. Same for Whedons baby Blindfold.
    At the time, I found Blindfold's death to be very impactful. Her not seeing any timeline where she would survive was pretty tragic and for me, it set the tone for the dire situation scenario.

And I agree about Emma still being very usable. Considering she sent the Marauders to find Blindfold, she was trying to help the situation from the beginning. Emma has shined IMO.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It's possible that when Nate used the life seed he created two alternate realities and when AoXM ends the two realities merge back together again. This would be a complete reset if all of the AoXM participants pop back into reality a few days after they disappeared which completely reverses everything that happens in Uncanny. Suddenly you have Jean hearing Emma in prison and she sends a big team to retrieve Emma and any other prisoners including the New Mutants. Bam, they defeat the O.N.E. story is over. Instead of Scott being all depressed he goes up to the X-Mansion and knocks on the door, cut to black. Then HoX/PoX starts from there with everything reset.
    Nice theory. Just really highlights how big of an anomaly Uncanny is without it and it's wanton need to slaughter its characters we wouldn't even be worrying about "How is allthis gonna be reset in time for HoX!" I feel like the only reason Uncanny exist is to make it so that it doesn't seem that AoXm is THAT similar to House of M (which it still does but whatever).

Astonishing Member

I think the most usable of all the killed characters is the Vanisher

I mean of the non xmen characters.
    Dark Beast getting killed doesnt "worry me" because these super evil scientists can always make clones of themselves with backup memories and stuff
    Trevor Fitzroy was very badly used, he is an energy vampire who is also a teleporter and time traveler, and died in the early 2000s in a Bishop mini, and was last seen as a hero, before turning evil, in the PAD Ruby Summers story of XFactor a decade ago.
    Those resurrected characters felt jarring, if you are a fan who is moderately aware of continuity
    Last edited by lurkerforyears; 06-19-2019 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    There are some things in play that could reset the timeline. I am not sure where Cable and Rachel are going to end up, but this is my suspicion. Rachel will wipe the future people's memory of coming back when they were still in their late teens/early 20's. She will possibly wipe X-Force's mind too to fix the timeline. Rachel sends X-Force back but then just like kid Cable, she goes to the moment where adult Cable got killed and saves him but preserves the timeline by making everyone think he is dead including her past self. Then she pulls Cable with her to the point where X-Force left for the future to save Cable and Rachel. At this point in the timeline Rachel and Cable can now make changes and they may decide to go and help their Dad and Emma against the O.N.E. before things got out of hand. They could spring Emma Frost from her cell before she gave up the cure, rescue Scott as soon as he pops up. It's possible that Rachel and Cable can easily reset the entire Uncanny timeline after disassembled.

From that point I have no idea, if Rachel fixes the time line does she stay in the present, or does she decide to go all "Mother Askani" in either the present or the future and guide Cable on his future missions going forward. She could go Mother Askani and stay in the present but work behind the scenes with Cable.

But anyway, my point is that there are some things in play right now.

Also, what is Emma's big idea to make the X-Men redundant, it's not to cure everyone that's for sure, so did she already have her own cure reversal on the way that is perhaps not deadly like Dark Beast's version of it and she was intending to release it to restore the powers of everyone cured along with the powers of anyone who has latent abilities or a recessive X-gene. It's obvious Emma is not working with Dark Beast and Sinister, so she has some plan she has been working on. She was hoping to keep Scott and the New Mutants safe until she could bring down her counterstroke on Callahan. Emma's problem is that she has been working from a constant state of desperation for months so it's hard to say if her plans were even going to work when she had Callahan and the O.N.E. breathing down her neck the entire time.
    There’s still some unexplained stuff from Rosenberg’s run like who killed the Morlocks or why couldn’t Blindfold forsee a future of the Marauders rescuing her unless Emma has her stashed somewhere. I’m in favor of a timeline reset but the Champions and WotR tie-ins might stop that from being 100% foolproof but the X-Men have had messier continuity if they still go that route. I agree that X-Force/Omega/Uncanny have to converge even if it’s just resetting everything to pre-Disassembled. The last time Rachel was conscious, the X-Men were there so I think she could work something out for them and maybe even bring back Cable by pulling a grown-up WiFi outnof the timestream.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Fair. I know not every character will get their share of the limelight, but I do think it’s worth it to make sure as many of them as possible make an impact on the story. Because even then, that’s something that will get noticed. We already see Hickman has a good range of characters already involved from Jean and Cyclops to Sage to Cypher to Forge to Goldballs to Monet and Husk.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I honestly dropped this after the previous issue but i would like to know something...
    Did Rosenber remember that Cyclops and Magik are supposed to be friends??
    or they kept acting like strangers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Rosenberg's run is winding up to be the second big disappointment I've received from actually purchasing/reading X-books on a regular basis.
    So much yes. It has been hard getting through this run. It did start strong. I do think Rosenberg writes Scott and Wolverine well enough. Disassembled had a few good moments but felt low quality. Age of X-man feels like a failed experiment. This Uncanny runs feels uneven. It is almost too dark and there are so many deaths that it doesn't have an impact anymore. Every issue I'm like whose going to die this issue??

Soon it shall be over, and hopefully we will be on to better things.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I honestly dropped this after the previous issue but i would like to know something...
    Did Rosenber remember that Cyclops and Magik are supposed to be friends??
    or they kept acting like strangers?
    Scott and Yana arent friends; they are coworkers

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott and Yana arent friends; they are coworkers
    Ok, to be honest my headcanon of their relationship was Bendis work and they seemed close there.
    But if this run established that they aren't it is good to have things clear.
    Thank you.

never mind...

How do u post gifs dammit
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nick Miller; 06-19-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Since when does Mystique have Taskmaster's powers?