Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-men 20 [LGY 642] *spoilers*

Issue opens up with a kid getting the vaccine at the hospital and his skin boils and he vomits blood.

X-men shown 3 days later over the dead Nasty Boys. Fabian Cortez, Shinobi Shaw, Sienna Blaze and Trevoy Fitzroy appear and admit to killing them. The X-men fight the Upstarts. Shinobi alludes to Emma saying they are all her chess pieces but she wont get him. He then seemingly kills himself

2 days later Dark Beast tells the X-,en that he cured the cure. Alex and Jamie have objections as they cant trust him but Dani vouches for him since he cured her. Dark Beast says that his anti-vaccine gives the vaccine something to feed on instead of the X-gene, which is free to activate. Scott has Magik port Banshee to key locations and release this anti-vaccine into the atmosphere and within a week everyone is exposed to it.

Now. This scene picks up at last issue's cliffhanger. Emma has Hellfire goons ready to protect her and a fight ensues. Mystique fights with Kwannon and plunges a katana into her shoulder. Logan guts Marrow and tells Elixir to fix her as he lunges for Emma. ONE soldiers appear and neutralize him. Later Callahan reprimands Emma and tells her that ONE is taking control of the HFC. Emma objects as that wasnt their deal but he insists they never had one

Scott is in Washington Square Park with Magik, Dani and Alex and is approached by Captain America and Dr. Nemesis, whom is upset about this anti-vaccine as its killing children. Scott realizes that he hasnt seen Steve since their initial meeting and ports away with Dr. Nemesis. Dark Beast admits that sometimes an X-gene will activate before the serum takes effect and amplifies the vaccine, causing the mutant to die. He sees it as a test to see how much a parent's hatred for mutantkind really is. He says Sinister helped him perfect this and gave the X-men psychic suggestions to trust him. Magik attacks him and Scott gets a message from Emma who gives him his memories back and says she needs him and the X-men

Last edited by Havok83; 06-19-2019 at 07:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well according to Rosenberg's letters page, he's writing this book with zero editorial mandates. I guess just be ready to end for Hickman, but otherwise he's got free reign, apparently. And he still hasn't done much with the characters he has. Besides fridge, make incompetent, and fight senselessly with no real direction.

lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-19-2019 at 07:13 AM.

So everyone is stupid because telepaths, democracy is bad, vaccines are dangerous for your children and the chemtrails are real.

Only positive here is the return of Nemesis. Hope that does not mean they gonna axe him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Only positive here is the return of Nemesis. Hope that does not mean they gonna axe him as well.
    He is part of Agents of Wakanda.

Scott was so dumb! The only thing we can at least take from this is that Sinister left him with a psychic suggestion. At the end of the day its ironic that only Jamie and Alex had any sense

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I remember some Emma fans were worried about Emma being a bad guy. Rosenberg seems to treat her as a hero/antihero and even respected her relationship with Scott.
    She will probably save the day too.

When people (and me, i guess) said that things would be revealed at the end that would change how the entire series was portrayed, I didn’t think they’d just reveal that the X-Men were acting like a bunch of idiots because everyone and their grandma were messing with their heads. I thought it would be more....reality altering?

So this run gonna be completely ignoring moving forward to Hickman. So this explain Rosenberg killing characters

Now I understand why Shan left on the last issue, they needed to get her out so the team wouldn't have a strong psychic shield.

Sure Emma, call the X-men to clean your crap

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott was so dumb! The only thing we can at least take from this is that Sinister left him with a psychic suggestion. At the end of the day its ironic that only Jamie and Alex had any sense
    Do you remember when Illyana, Scott and Logan had formidable telepathic resistances?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    So this run gonna be completely ignoring moving forward to Hickman. So this explain Rosenberg killing characters

Now I understand why Shan left on the last issue, they needed to get her out so the team wouldn't have a strong psychic shield.

Sure Emma, call the X-men to clean your crap
    I hope the people killed can come back at the end of this run. I don't think it will happen but this needless butchery needs to be fixed.

Incredible Member

Sorry, guys, but weren't all the Upstarts dead? Siena, Shinobi, Fitzroy and Cortez, they were all supposed to be dead! I know it's a comic book, but this lack of continuity is upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope the people killed can come back at the end of this run. I don't think it will happen but this needless butchery needs to be fixed.
    Well, Elixir is there so it's possible, or perhaps when AoX-men ends Nate will revert everything

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think so, this run gonna be ignored.

Extraordinary Member

This issue was packed much like last issue. Going to have to reread a few times just to be clear on everything.

First, a nitpick, but the ambush was 3 days ago, and the meeting with Dark Beast was 2 days ago.

I am still unclear exactly what Dark Beast was up to with the cure for the cure, is it something that happens in extremely rare cases where a mutant just happens to activate their powers, or will it happen to all kids who have not manifested yet, or ones who have manifested but their powers are hidden? It probably doesn't matter, but it was hard to gauge just how sinister the scheme was.

Now I am trying to figure out who all is playing each other. It does not seem as if Emma knew of Dark Beast and Sinister being in cahoots. Did anyone else? Somehow the Upstarts were aware of what Emma was doing, is there a mole? Did Mystique have her own agenda and was working with others? I am curious if Callahan actually has Sinister now or if there is going to be a twist with regards to that next issue.