Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I wonder how will Scott recover his eye.
    Elixir.

10char
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    You are just nitpicking. Nothing you say actually supports any opinion, or even offers one, that the events from DoX to IvX did not change Emma's relationship with the X-Men.

And while it would be accurate to say the Inhumans never even made it off the launchpad in comics (or TV) there is no argument that the attempted push in comics which includes IvX was due to the planned uses of Inhumans in TV and Movies.
    My pioint was that it was all on her. She alone chose to run away and leave them. They did not cast her out which is what I responded to. She is the one that said deuces and ended that relationship, not the other way around. She didnt have a reason to hate them at the beginning of this UXM arc and definitelly not bc of any fallout she got from IvX bc again they never held her accountable for it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    My pioint was that it was all on her. She alone chose to run away and leave them. They did not cast her out which is what I responded to. She is the one that said deuces and ended that relationship, not the other way around. She didnt have a reason to hate them at the beginning of this UXM arc and definitelly not bc of any fallout she got from IvX bc again they never held her accountable for it.
    I don't really care who blames who or who did what. If you want, get all the mutants in a room and they can talk about their feelings, I really don't care. The writer didn't even care to explain it either.

The point is that her relationship and view of the X-Men changed, and while this did start after pointing out that the X-Men she threw shade at were not the X-Men she called for help (i.e. Scott) it was directly in response to someone who claimed that my statement was that she would only have a positive relationship with Scott. I simply clarified that there were events that changed how she felt about the X-Men (even though, yes, those events still revolved around Scott.)

And if you still want to nitpick about me saying she was cast out, what do you think would happen if she stuck around? She definitely wasn't going to be accepted as a member of the X-Men.

Elixir was a mistake. He only serves to do what they have always been doing with the characters with healing factor but with all: Make them incompetent and be a gorefest.

Nothing matters because Elixir can fix it in the end.

BANNED

Scott will recover his eye through fighting spirit while he remembers Xavier's teachings and the last time Jean told him she loved him.

Rosenberg shall make Elixir obsolete through the power of anime plot points.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Elixir was a mistake. He only serves to do what they have always been doing with the characters with healing factor but with all: Make them incompetent and be a gorefest.

Nothing matters because Elixir can fix it in the end.
    While I don't disagree that healing is one of the many abilities that can break stories when the writers/editors let the power level get out of control, I feel Rosenberg is making it known Elixir has limits here (whether that contradicts current understanding or not.)

For example, he can't heal Vanisher. Now, Wolverine tells him he only has time to heal one person after he wounds Marrow. That to me sounds like resurrection is off the table.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder how will Scott recover his eye.
    It just hit me and I am really hoping for this now: Sinister.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

And if you still want to nitpick about me saying she was cast out, what do you think would happen if she stuck around? She definitely wasn't going to be accepted as a member of the X-Men.
    I don't think the X-men hate Emma, some don't like her but they still will accept her. I mean Magneto is probably way more dangerous, disliked and problematic than Emma and the X-men hang out with him.
    At the end of the day the x-men are a family, a dysfunctional family but one. I can't see anybody rejecting Emma from the mansion.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Scott will recover his eye through fighting spirit while he remembers Xavier's teachings and the last time Jean told him she loved him.

Scott was an anime protagonist all along!
    It just hit me and I am really hoping for this now: Sinister.

I hope so. Sinister can't leave his toyboy going all hurt and broken.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-21-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

Now we only need.the awesome theme song for the scene

Considering that most of his fans are also anime fans, that make a lot of sense lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

I don't think the X-men hate Emma, some don't like her but they still will accept her. I mean Magneto is probably way more dangerous, disliked and problematic than Emma and the X-men hang out with him.
    At the end of the day the x-men are a family, a dysfunctional family but one. I can't see anybody rejecting Emma from the mansion.
    Yeah just by the nature of the X-Men comics, if they wanted to keep Emma in the story, she probably would have found a way to survive in the mansion. Ultimately this comes down to wanting to write her out and open up some other story potential.

That is the fun thing about the X-Men, though, is that we get all these feuds and hurt feelings and it is at its best when we get real attitude getting in between the characters working together at times. But at the end of the day they know who will have their back.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why is Callahan guy giving the X-Men so much trouble? He isn't even at Cameron Hodge's threat level.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Now we only need.the awesome theme song for the scene

Considering that most of his fans are also anime fans, that make a lot of sense lol.
    Scott is going to put the Life Seed in his eye socket to open a portal to Age of X-man and his love for Jean Grey will serve as a bridge so they can escape from there.

Or some nonsense like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why is Callahan guy giving the X-Men so much trouble? He isn't even at Cameron Hodge's threat level.
    Id have preferred it if they brought Cameron back and used him in this capacity. He was at least amusing and had history with Scott, Alex and Karma

Well Cyclops has had a few brushes with death only to come back and transformation power ups. Is Cyclops a Jojo reference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

He’s not so much giving the X-Men trouble as he is Emma. I’m not even sure the X-Men know he exists.

Callahan: Ah X-Men, my ultimate foes. You now face your greatest nightmare made flesh, me. I will now wipe you away and show that I am supreme.
    Cyclops: Who is this guy again?
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 06-21-2019 at 08:46 AM.