Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The X-Men are only alive because of her.
    Sure

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Even the character deaths?
    Specially them.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So for all of you going "Hickman likes Emma she will be fine," unless he just completely ignores literally everything out of this run, there won't be a character to use. Which might be for the best considering how brutally OOC just about everyone is.
    I get the feeling. Or perhaps, HOPE, that a lot of the books that have come this year aren't really in Hickman's continuity.

I saw a quote where he mentions that the only mandate writers on current books had was "go nuts and swing away." So I figured he'd probably be picking up with the characters after the ending ResurrXion titles. Rogue x Gambit are married as they were in Gold, for example. But the new titles that have some since

• Mr. & Mrs. X
    • X-Force
    • Major X
    • Age of X-Man
    • Uncanny X-Men

I just got the thought today when talking to someone about HOX. I hate Rosenberg's characterization of Creed, and going back to blandly evil henchmen -which is embarrassing at his age.
    RCO017_w_1558571383.jpg
    Unimpressive characterization and a lame villain debut after four years.

But looking at him in POX, he has his Weapon X-Force design exactly.
    tumblr_prt7kuC0HJ1ssl5cvo1_1280.jpg
    Weapon X-Force Creed.jpg
    He's not in street clothes with his hair long again. So it had me hoping for a possibility Hickman's Creed may still be somewhat anti-hero-ish and Rosenberg's Uncanny isn't in his continuity.

It's a long shot, and just setting myself up for disappointment, but it's a nice headcanon while waiting on the inevitable truth.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-19-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Specially them.
    I could really see JDW and Rosenberg leaving Wolfsbane, Chamber, Loa, Blindfold, Strong Guy, Vanisher, and Velocidad dead for “cleaning house” purposes. But leaving Sunspot dead + the fact that Hickman likes his casts BIG makes it pretty clear this is gonna be reversed. But then again, PARANOIA.

Remember the pink and green chaufers from Gen x well they're storing the "dead" X-Men in a safe house. Far too many dead to stay dead.

Aren’t they in outer space?

Extraordinary Member

I could really see JDW and Rosenberg leaving Wolfsbane, Chamber, Loa, Blindfold, Strong Guy, Vanisher, and Velocidad dead for “cleaning house” purposes. But leaving Sunspot dead + the fact that Hickman likes his casts BIG makes it pretty clear this is gonna be reversed. But then again, PARANOIA.
    There were so many characters in Age of X-Man most of them didn't even show up. There are who knows however many other characters still kicking around that weren't even bothered to be mentioned in any of the current books. They depowered 98% of mutants before (and blew up a bus just to be sure) and there are still too many mutants. When Hickman presents his mega cast, and we see the Wave 1 books, I can guarantee the majority of the talk here is going to be about why so-and-so isn't in some book. If anything Rosenberg needs to kill a few more off.

I just remembers Joseph Huber the isolationist is still around and kicking. So is Kaga. All those villains on the brig that escaped before AvX. Russian tattoo man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I get the feeling. Or perhaps, HOPE, that a lot of the books that have come this year aren't really in Hickman's continuity.

I saw a quote where he mentions that the only mandate writers on current books had was "go nuts and swing away." So I figured he'd probably be picking up with the characters after the ending ResurrXion titles. Rogue x Gambit are married as they were in Gold, for example. But the new titles that have some since

• Mr. & Mrs. X
    • X-Force
    • Major X
    • Age of X-Man
    • Uncanny X-Men

I just got the thought today when talking to someone about HOX. I hate Rosenberg's characterization of Creed, and going back to blandly evil henchmen -which is embarrassing at his age.
    RCO017_w_1558571383.jpg
    Unimpressive characterization and a lame villain debut after four years.

But looking at him in POX, he has his Weapon X-Force design exactly.
    tumblr_prt7kuC0HJ1ssl5cvo1_1280.jpg
    Weapon X-Force Creed.jpg
    He's not in street clothes with his hair long again. So it had me hoping for a possibility Hickman's Creed may still be somewhat anti-hero-ish and Rosenberg's Uncanny isn't in his continuity.

It's a long shot, and just setting myself up for disappointment, but it's a nice headcanon while waiting on the inevitable truth.
    Hope for the best and expect the worst is the best policy!

There are some things in play that could reset the timeline. I am not sure where Cable and Rachel are going to end up, but this is my suspicion. Rachel will wipe the future people's memory of coming back when they were still in their late teens/early 20's. She will possibly wipe X-Force's mind too to fix the timeline. Rachel sends X-Force back but then just like kid Cable, she goes to the moment where adult Cable got killed and saves him but preserves the timeline by making everyone think he is dead including her past self. Then she pulls Cable with her to the point where X-Force left for the future to save Cable and Rachel. At this point in the timeline Rachel and Cable can now make changes and they may decide to go and help their Dad and Emma against the O.N.E. before things got out of hand. They could spring Emma Frost from her cell before she gave up the cure, rescue Scott as soon as he pops up. It's possible that Rachel and Cable can easily reset the entire Uncanny timeline after disassembled.

From that point I have no idea, if Rachel fixes the time line does she stay in the present, or does she decide to go all "Mother Askani" in either the present or the future and guide Cable on his future missions going forward. She could go Mother Askani and stay in the present but work behind the scenes with Cable.

But anyway, my point is that there are some things in play right now.

Also, what is Emma's big idea to make the X-Men redundant, it's not to cure everyone that's for sure, so did she already have her own cure reversal on the way that is perhaps not deadly like Dark Beast's version of it and she was intending to release it to restore the powers of everyone cured along with the powers of anyone who has latent abilities or a recessive X-gene. It's obvious Emma is not working with Dark Beast and Sinister, so she has some plan she has been working on. She was hoping to keep Scott and the New Mutants safe until she could bring down her counterstroke on Callahan. Emma's problem is that she has been working from a constant state of desperation for months so it's hard to say if her plans were even going to work when she had Callahan and the O.N.E. breathing down her neck the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So for all of you going "Hickman likes Emma she will be fine," unless he just completely ignores literally everything out of this run, there won't be a character to use. Which might be for the best considering how brutally OOC just about everyone is.
    I really dont think anything done with Emma now is making her unusable.

It also seems like random characters like Nemesis can drop out of thin air for plot reasons. It would be fitting if Frost contacted Kavito Rao to create a alternative safety net

BANNED

If anything, Scott "Let's kill children with a bioweapon" Summers is closer to being unusable than Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    There were so many characters in Age of X-Man most of them didn't even show up. There are who knows however many other characters still kicking around that weren't even bothered to be mentioned in any of the current books. They depowered 98% of mutants before (and blew up a bus just to be sure) and there are still too many mutants. When Hickman presents his mega cast, and we see the Wave 1 books, I can guarantee the majority of the talk here is going to be about why so-and-so isn't in some book. If anything Rosenberg needs to kill a few more off.
    Nah that’s probably the only way you shouldn’t deal with that issue. It just shaves off already invested fans. It would be better to not have an entire title dedicated to the past version of the O5 or another do-over of a team from the 80s and actually invest time and effort into developing these abandoned characters, then there’d be less complaints. And out of the 78-79ish characters that showed up in Age of X-Man, about 70 showed up so the majority did end up showing up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    If anything, Scott "Let's kill children with a bioweapon" Summers is closer to being unusable than Emma.
    Hahahaha, even the most die hard combatants from the AvX and IvX days won't touch that one, and we just saw how quickly Scott went all Hannibal leading his A-Team to save the day.