Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well, Rosenberg hates Emma, and it shows.
    I don't know. I think if he hated her, he wouldn't bother using her and making her an important player for the entire run.

I have to ask though, and this is for anyone. If future writers skip over recent years and gives us the 1990-2010 Emma, will they not be vilified for not being current? And if they give us Emma based on the recent years, will they not be vilified for not giving us heroic Emma? It's kind of a lose-lose for the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The X-men didnt cast her out; she fled. She never stuck around to deal with the fallout of IvX and she's never been held accountable for that by the X-men
    You're arguing semantics. If she didn't flee, either the X-Men let Black Bolt kill her, or they throw her in the worst mutant prison they can find along Chuck Jr. They disavowed her at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I don't know. I think if he hated her, he wouldn't bother using her and making her an important player for the entire run.

I have to ask though, and this is for anyone. If future writers skip over recent years and gives us the 1990-2010 Emma, will they not be vilified for not being current? And if they give us Emma based on the recent years, will they not be vilified for not giving us heroic Emma? It's kind of a lose-lose for the writers.
    They shouldn't be villfied for going back to where her character development was taking her. The anger for the current version is because all of her development was thrown in the trash because Marvel needed a bad guy for IvX so they could push the Inhumans Netflix series.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The X-men didnt cast her out; she fled. She never stuck around to deal with the fallout of IvX and she's never been held accountable for that by the X-men
    At the same time they have had interactions with Emma since where they didn't make any moves to attack her or anything. In X-Men Black they helped her take down the Hellfire Club, they just didn't know she was going to take it over (so she could build schools). I have this weird headcanon that some of the rich people in the Hellfire Club have secret meetings trying to figure out how they are going to take the HFC back from the "schoolteacher". I love that Emma's so called "evil nefarious scheme" before she was captured was to get some funding and build a new school for mutants.

Emma helped them fight Sinister's forces in Iceman, she asked Iceman to help rescue her brother, and she even let Bobby embarrass her to make Kitty happy.

Emma helped save the universe in Infinity War in the fall of 2018.

Emma helped Jeen and Ghost Jean with the Phoenix chasing down Jeen. She then also advised the X-Men where they could best find the resurrected Jean Grey based on Emma's own memories of where Scott best remembered Jean.

At the tail end of X-Men blue the teen O5 even seemed friendly with her, and Jeen told Emma that she should work things out with Magneto so they could both go back to the X-Men, because they X-Men needed them both.

I think the X-Men were more annoyed with Emma then hating her. My favourite part of X-Men Black Emma Frost is having Emma send all the X-Men individual gift baskets for helping her. She even wrote a personalized note for each one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    At the same time they have had interactions with Emma since where they didn't make any moves to attack her or anything. In X-Men Black they helped her take down the Hellfire Club, they just didn't know she was going to take it over (so she could build schools). I have this weird headcanon that some of the rich people in the Hellfire Club have secret meetings trying to figure out how they are going to take the HFC back from the "schoolteacher". I love that Emma's so called "evil nefarious scheme" before she was captured was to get some funding and build a new school for mutants.

Emma helped them fight Sinister's forces in Iceman, she asked Iceman to help rescue her brother, and she even let Bobby embarrass her to make Kitty happy.

Emma helped save the universe in Infinity War in the fall of 2018.

Emma helped Jeen and Ghost Jean with the Phoenix chasing down Jeen. She then also advised the X-Men where they could best find the resurrected Jean Grey based on Emma's own memories of where Scott best remembered Jean.

At the tail end of X-Men blue the teen O5 even seemed friendly with her, and Jeen told Emma that she should work things out with Magneto so they could both go back to the X-Men, because they X-Men needed them both.

I think the X-Men were more annoyed with Emma then hating her. My favourite part of X-Men Black Emma Frost is having Emma send all the X-Men individual gift baskets for helping her. She even wrote a personalized note for each one of them.
    Emma sent a wedding present to Kitty Pryde.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Emma sent a wedding present to Kitty Pryde.
    Oh I forgot about that. You're right she did send a present to Kitty.

I really enjoyed that book. I liked how Rogue gave her attitude at first but they still helped her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I really enjoyed that book. I liked how Rogue gave her attitude at first but they still helped her.
    I liked how Emma was "talking for them" when they were having the private conversation about helping her. I thought it was hilarious that she was making up their meeting dialogue to pass the time while she waited.

Oh I forgot about that. You're right she did send a present to Kitty.
    Yay, I found it in the wedding special!
    Annotation 2019-06-20 184148.jpg

I liked how Emma was "talking for them" when they were having the private conversation about helping her. I thought it was hilarious that she was making up their meeting dialogue to pass the time while she waited.
    This is just a bit from X-Men Black
    Annotation 2019-06-20 184331.jpg
    Annotation 2019-06-20 184532.jpg
    Annotation 2019-06-20 184557.jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This isn’t even a competition and I’m surprised we’re entertaining it like it was. Austen completely screwed up Nightcrawler origins, gave us some of the worse X-Men stories out of it (Holy War, the Draco), tried to redo Romeo and Juliet but with unlikable rednecks, threw up one of the most controversial relationships and scenes with Angel dating a barely legal Husk (don’t forget the sky sex in front of her mom), and don’t forget the Havok/Polaris wedding.

Rosenberg’s run is bad because it brutalizes X-characters for the sake of manpain and....not even for drama. They didn’t need Blindfold committing suicide to set the tone. We didn’t need to see Loa’s bloody corpse in front of her friends to set the tone. We didn’t need Wolfsbane getting beat to death in a horrible trans panic allegory that Rosenberg completely misunderstood. Chamber and Vanisher just happened to happen. No one would have a real problem with these deaths if they were executed well like Nightcrawler in Second Coming or Icarus or Xavier or probably the majority of times X-writers have handled death, but what was the point of Loa dying if she doesn’t even affect the cast? The only two people that she “saved” are dead and she got robbed of a death scene. This is just Heroes in Crisis as far as tackling mental health and killing off loads of X-characters. Rosenberg’s run has its problems, but we can tell there’s at least some light at the end of the tunnel. We are still dealing with Austen’s stench to this day
    This right here couldn't have said it better myself ⏫

Love that Storm just flew off. Thanks for posting.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Trash in a bag

I didn't like this, the only thing i found cute was Emma calling Scott lover.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I wonder how will Scott recover his eye.