Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    So this run gonna be completely ignoring moving forward to Hickman. So this explain Rosenberg killing characters

Now I understand why Shan left on the last issue, they needed to get her out so the team wouldn't have a strong psychic shield.

Sure Emma, call the X-men to clean your crap
    Not sure that makes sense as the X-men were manipulated when Karma was around. Thats no longer the case with her gone

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope the people killed can come back at the end of this run. I don't think it will happen but this needless butchery needs to be fixed.
    From a creative standpoint, does it? Of the villains they’ve killed, none of them really matter or have mattered for a while. And the X-Men they’ve killed matter but they aren’t “Scott and Logan” level of matter.

BANNED

The incompetence of everyone involved in this is staggering and just makes the X-Men less sympathetic and more of a bunch of morons.

At least Larroca is a bit better here, so there's a bright spot.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This issue was packed much like last issue. Going to have to reread a few times just to be clear on everything.

First, a nitpick, but the ambush was 3 days ago, and the meeting with Dark Beast was 2 days ago.

I am still unclear exactly what Dark Beast was up to with the cure for the cure, is it something that happens in extremely rare cases where a mutant just happens to activate their powers, or will it happen to all kids who have not manifested yet, or ones who have manifested but their powers are hidden? It probably doesn't matter, but it was hard to gauge just how sinister the scheme was.

Now I am trying to figure out who all is playing each other. It does not seem as if Emma knew of Dark Beast and Sinister being in cahoots. Did anyone else? Somehow the Upstarts were aware of what Emma was doing, is there a mole? Did Mystique have her own agenda and was working with others? I am curious if Callahan actually has Sinister now or if there is going to be a twist with regards to that next issue.
    Do not try to find an explanation for Dark Beast's plan because his "asexual photosynthetic aerial protein" is a very stupid idea even to be a superhero comic.

The biologist in me has cried and I'm used to bad explanations.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It's a good way of writers to justify incompetence now (both their own and the characters)- rather than have your team be able to do your jobs well, just have them suck to create more artificial drama.

Now, even Zub's Cyclops in Champions can be explained as him being his true self away from Sinister. Oh, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Do you remember when Illyana, Scott and Logan had formidable telepathic resistances?
    Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The incompetence of everyone involved in this is staggering and just makes the X-Men less sympathetic and more of a bunch of morons.
    But you see, there was mind-control involved, so it's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well according to Rosenberg's letters page, he's writing this book with zero editorial mandates. I guess just be ready to end for Hickman, but otherwise he's got free reign, apparently. And he still hasn't done much with the characters he has. Besides fridge, make incompetent, and fight senselessly with no real direction.

lol
    And yet proven talents like Lemire, Thompson, and Bunn had to trapeze their way through pre-made narratives. Got it.

Mighty Member

Do you remember when Illyana, Scott and Logan had formidable telepathic resistances?
    Yes, back in the good ole days when Illyana's mind was closed to even the most powerful of telepaths such as Xavier and Frost. Now she's just an open book.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Well according to Rosenberg's letters page, he's writing this book with zero editorial mandates. I guess just be ready to end for Hickman, but otherwise he's got free reign, apparently. And he still hasn't done much with the characters he has. Besides fridge, make incompetent, and fight senselessly with no real direction.

lol
    To be fair, if he had a clear editorial mandate, I doubt he would be able to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    Yes, back in the good ole days when Illyana's mind was closed to even the most powerful of telepaths such as Xavier and Frost. Now she's just an open book.
    -Hey, Illyana, why do not we launch chemtrails around the world with a protein made by Dark Beast that we do not even know how it works?
    -Sure, Sinister!

The part with the Upstarts was horrible and boring. The action in this books tends to be bad... But the last part was some kind of interesting. It keeps me invested, although it is flawed.

Larroca is butchering this book.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I always thought Illyana was inmune or at leasr very resistent to telepathy.
    Logan's mind was such a mess for a long time, even for Jean and Xavier, he should be incredibly resistent.
    And Cyclops has lived and being closely related to powerfull telepaths most of his life, he definitely should be resistent too.

Mighty Member

I'm just going to copy and paste what I already wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Ten little mutants went out to dine
    One killed herself and then there were nine
    Nine little mutants wanted to fight fate
    One died off panel and then there were eight
    Eight little mutants were praying for Hickman
    One died in an issue that belongs in a trash can
    Seven little mutants chopping up sticks
    One chopped himself in half and then there were six

Now, who's going to die next?

If Rosenberg can be lazy, then why can't I?

Incredible Member

lol
    And no editorial supervision too?
    Because there are lots of continuity errors in this book. I just pointed out that all the Upstarts were supposed to be dead at the moment, yet they show up with no explaination. How can you suspend disbelief with these?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    And yet proven talents like Lemire, Thompson, and Bunn had to trapeze their way through pre-made narratives. Got it.
    Ah yeah. Sadly Bunn is still a hot button for me. We lost his Uncanny, and we're stuck with this crap. Just hearing him talk about the stuff he would've done in Uncanny is more interesting than anything I have seen from Rosenberg since Phoenix Resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    To be fair, if he had a clear editorial mandate, I doubt he would be able to say it.
    Bunn has. But maybe timing is everything. Mark Pan was out by this point, so may have been ok for him to throw a bit of shade. When Blue was still going he said in an interview that he didn't want to write the 05, his plans for Uncanny were completely gutted, and he was told it was gonna be X-Blue or nothing.

And there's Liefeld who apparently outright contradicted editors on twitter. Major X was mentioned in a list of books that would lead to, or play a role in, HOX / POX and he came back and said it wasn't true or he wasn't writing anything that had to do with Hickman. I read about it in passing here, but didn't investigate.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-19-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

-Hey, Illyana, why do not we launch chemtrails around the world with a protein made by Dark Beast that we do not even know how it works?
    -Sure, Sinister!
    We don't see her vote yes or say anything about it, whatever actual discussion the X-Men had was not shown.