Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So for all of you going "Hickman likes Emma she will be fine," unless he just completely ignores literally everything out of this run, there won't be a character to use. Which might be for the best considering how brutally OOC just about everyone is.
    I trust that Hickman completely ignores everything that has happened since Disassembled minus the fact that Scott is alive.

He must do like the Phoenix and burn to the ground this status quo so that a better one can be reborn.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

So for all of you going "Hickman likes Emma she will be fine," unless he just completely ignores literally everything out of this run, there won't be a character to use. Which might be for the best considering how brutally OOC just about everyone is.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Hickman could totally play the "underappreciated, down on his/her luck, well-intentioned extremist" card.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I trust that Hickman completely ignores everything that has happened since Disassembled minus the fact that Scott is alive.

He must do like the Phoenix and burn to the ground this status quo so that a better one can be reborn.
    Yeah, basically everything post-SW apart from the dead characters being alive won't be addressed all that much, if at all. Post-Disassembled, nothing really. His Avengers run wasn't very continuity heavy.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

He seems very passionate about her and I think nobody will really care about this run, outside bringing Scott and Logan back everything else will probably be ignored.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Logan is extremely sensitive about his memories, especially for that time that he believed that Creed was his actual dad, so his motivation is probably just petty revenge. Honestly i'm still surprised that he didn't stab Charles over what he did in Original Sin.
    Well, that makes more sense.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't say this. He's trying to avoid spoilers and he's a fan of continuity, so I have a feeling that Age of X-Men will have some fallout. Probably not Uncanny, though.

I think that everyone knows AOX and Rosenber's uncanny won't be referenced by Hickman. They were pitched after Hickman started to work on the books

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I wouldn't say this. He's trying to avoid spoilers and he's a fan of continuity, so I have a feeling that Age of X-Men will have some fallout. Probably not Uncanny, though.
    Well Emma hasn't shown up in solicits, just a couple of pictures in her white queen outfit and in a poster beside Shaw. So maybe it's just flashbacks to when she was in the HFC with Shaw a long time ago. She may not even be much of a player at all.

I hate the way Rosenberg is trying to take Emma back to the 1980's and ignore all of the 90's and 00's completely and pretend that Emma is the same as she was when she first appeared.

At least in Jessica Jones they showed Emma as still considering herself a hero and she genuinely wanted to help Jessica stop the Purple Man and save Jessica's daughter. Then Infinity War last year portrayed Emma as a hero as well and she helped save the entire universe. So whatever, I guess Rosenberg just thinks she should be an 80's villain and I should just think Rosenberg is the worst X-Men writer ever.

Then the whole thing with Sinister and Dark Beast trying to turn Scott and the New Mutants into the Inhumans, wow Marvel you really want to make the Inhumans look better don't you!

There's still the panel of Emma sitting in the back of a limousine looking unimpressed unaccounted for. We don't know what that story is about.

I don't know how the story is going to end. But it will probably have to wrap up neatly so Hickmans story can continue.

Blindfold, Loa, Rhane, Chamber and Velocidad to live

Mighty Member

The Terrigen Mist plot has gone full circle. Now, there is a vicious cloud of chemicals activating mutant powers.

Congrats, Rosenbutcher

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma never changed that much, she is not afraid of sacrificing people to save herself
    The X-Men are only alive because of her.

Even the character deaths?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    There's still the panel of Emma sitting in the back of a limousine looking unimpressed unaccounted for. We don't know what that story is about.
    And she's rocking a big "X" atop her cleavage on that Powers of X #2 cover.

Nope the cloud doesn't activate mutant powers. It accelerates the vaccine in a fraction of mutant children which causes them to end up in a coma.

So given that 98% of the population were gassed. In 3 days you saw 6 affected. All 6 were mutants. And all 6 ended up in comas. It's different from the inhuman mist

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Nope the cloud doesn't activate mutant powers. It accelerates the vaccine in a fraction of mutant children which causes them to end up in a coma.

So given that 98% of the population were gassed. In 3 days you saw 6 affected. All 6 were mutants. And all 6 ended up in comas. It's different from the inhuman mist
    It has conditions. It infects everyone.
    1. If someone takes the cure and their powers haven't developed yet I think it blocks the cure.
    2. If someone who previously had powers and were cured? They may still be cured, or it may reverse the cure effect, I think that there may be no change for these people.
    3. If someone is developing powers at the moment they take the cure, the combination of the cure and the anti-cure fighting each other makes them sick and potentially causes death.

So you have optimum condition 1 which is what Scott was hoping for.
    You have unknown condition 2 which has not been described yet and may or may not be a problem.
    Then you have option 3 which potentially impacts all adolescent children whose parents make them take the cure to stop their powers from developing.

Rosenberg's run is winding up to be the second big disappointment I've received from actually purchasing/reading X-books on a regular basis.