Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    We need an artist on this that doesn’t draw everyone like action figures. People on X-Twitter were saying Adam Gorham, and that fits the feel of this Duncan so much more.
    That tweet that said Gorham should've been on art and that the run should've been 10 issues longer to cover the same ground gets a like and a retweet.

Is it me or does this book feel like kind of a mess? Everybody dying, acting super incompetent, the art is so-so (I liked the art on 19 better) and the plot is kind of... everywhere.

At least I'm glad Rosenberg is not making Emma a villain, but I'm not really enjoying the feel of this Uncanny.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Is it me or does this book feel like kind of a mess? Everybody dying, acting super incompetent, the art is so-so (I liked the art on 19 better) and the plot is kind of... everywhere.

At least I'm glad Rosenberg is not making Emma a villain, but I'm not really enjoying the feel of this Uncanny.
    People have been saying this for almost 5 months

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post

It is absolutely a mess! If there was more room for the characters to breathe, interact...even have dialogue in some cases...it could have been a great book. But everything has been moving so fast, there just isn't enough time to make any of it really matter.

So all the villains that died in this run:
    • Sugar Man
    • Joseph
    • Koga the Diseased rip </3
    • Marauders (Harpoon, Scalphunter, Malice, Vertigo, Arclight, Blockbuster)
    • Nasty Boys (Gorgeous George, Ruckus, Hairbag, Ramrod)
    • Shinobi Shaw

These are all people that no one will have a problem not using, especially Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    We need an artist on this that doesn’t draw everyone like action figures. People on X-Twitter were saying Adam Gorham, and that fits the feel of this Duncan so much more.
    why’d I say Duncan?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I would have LOVED Gorham on this! Would have been a nice continuation from Dead Souls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That tweet that said Gorham should've been on art and that the run should've been 10 issues longer to cover the same ground gets a like and a retweet.
    I get Gorham, but the problem with Rosenberg isn’t the amount of issues, it’s just he doesn’t know how to properly compress/decompress a story. I think he already knew beforehand the amount of issues he’d get for his pitch before Hickman took over. Even Secret Warriors was rushed, the only work of his that arguably wasn’t was Astonishing. I bet if he was given more issues, he would’ve just tried to stuff more content into it so we’d still be getting the same amount of horrible pacing.

So Emma screws it all up and needs Cyclops to rescue her.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

It had some good notes like the Scott Emma Dynamic. On the other hand I really hate that they had to ruin the whole Scott and Logan dynamic. Uncanny 11 was/is still the best issue in my opinion and having Emma manipulate Logan makes little sense and calls all this into question. Logan did not need to be manipulated to help Scott. Logan certainly doesn’t act manipulated in his perspective, if he was he wouldn’t be arguing with himself or others about it. From the moment he says “He seems just as lost as I am you know that he’s not going to leave his friend to die. Plus imagine if he had? If he had let Cyke die? Alone? That and his whole leaving during the funeral was weird. He had something good going for awhile and I wish he would have just gone with that dynamic. We have had them fighting lots over the past decade. Shipping aside I think they are more fun working together than being enemies. Those two are like Gilgamesh and Enkidu let them be friends and team up lol.
    Last edited by Doctor_Foxey; 06-19-2019 at 10:10 AM.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Screw plot discussion, OMG what the freakin' hell is wrong with Magik's legs on that ridiculous pin-up, lmaowtf?

Ahem. Anyway.

1. Mad props to Shinobi Shaw for going down like a boss. Now, I just can't figure out why Larroca ruined that panel with that mini Havok/Shinobi action (????) at the bottom.
    2. Huugh. We get it. Havok is a mutant Jack freakin' Ryan or whatever. No need to constantly reiterate the freakin' point, lol.
    3. LMAO at Dani's O-face or whatever the hell was her reaction supposed to be upon hearing Cyke let Dark Beast study the vaccine.
    4. Havok was right. Fair is fair and all that. Still can't believe the X-Men going along with Dark Beast's scheme was an editorially-approved plot point.
    5. When the hell did Mystique become Shang freakin' Tsung? Ain't reading the book for the action, but that was just.. embarrassingly bad.
    6. I gotta ask, do Callahan's Stormtroopers constantly use teleporting/cloaking tech or something? They have to, right?
    7. Total nitpick, I know, but not only did Scott and Yana move around in-between panels, but the bench's armrest is gone, lol.
    8. That ridiculous floating Callahan upper body is just too funny. Just... WHY?
    9. Oooooh, so it wasn't PLOT-induced stupidity, it was PSYCHIC-induced stupidity. Fair enough.
    10. You go, Yana. Hardcore.
    11. LMAO at that Cyclops hair-whipping action. It has to be a sex joke, right?

Edit: Oh, yeah, forgot about overall impressions and all that. This wasn't very good, even for an Early Act 3 Filler issue. Hardly terrible, but the cringe-worthy plot progression and barely serviceable action sequence don't live up to that glorious "I tried to knock the board over, she won't have me" moment.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 06-19-2019 at 10:28 AM.

i keep hoping that the collected run will work better, but I am not certain of that anymore. It's very rushed and so much happening that when we do actually get the moments where we can get characterization (Shan leaving or the funeral) it's still rushed. And things that certainly should be fleshed out get glossed over, yet again (I'm looking at you, Hope). There is just too much stupidity on the team full of veterans and no amount of mind-control or manipulation can repair that.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Astonishing Member

this book is a mess
    the writer is having too much fun killing D list characters, to the point of resurrecting them to kill them
    it is a deliberate rehash of xmen stories, that is why iirc it started with "every xmen story is the same" or something like that. but it's not very well executed imo.

E is for Extinction, the Secret Wars tie in, was a 4 issues rehash of Morrison's run, and it was much better

Aaaand worst X-Book run of the year goes to...

It wasn't... horrible?
    >This book certainly reminds me of 'Eve of Destruction' in terms of wrapping up everything before the complete overhaul happens.
    >Anti-vaxxers, chemtrails, the military–industrial complex... This book is chock full of unfortunate [and unintentional?] conspiracy theory validation.
    >Hope riding Juggernaut made me chuckle.
    >Illyana had some great moments, and Banshee got to poison the planet.
    >Did Cyclops just [inadvertently] release a bioweapon into Earth's atmosphere? How positively Inhuman!
    >I'm getting tired of Z List villains returning from the dead only to die again stupidly.
    >No psychics = X-Men go to shit. Noted.
    >Sinister and Dark Beast are the heroes the 616 deserves AND the ones it needs right now.

Favourite panels...
    uxm1.jpg
    uxm2.jpg
    uxm3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

At this point we need new ideas. We are creativity empty on material in this day and age with the X Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Hickman really isn't the type to kill characters on a whim. The only one I remember, before Time Runs Out and Secret Wars, was the Human Torch, but he always had a plan to bring him back.
    True. Hickman's stories usually have high stakes but almost zero casualties (except for his run on the Ultimates that was...that was just a bloodbath).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    At this point we need new ideas. We are creativity empty on material in this day and age with the X Men.
    That would require using the younger character, and we all know how marvel still hates them ever since started out selling wolverine. I miss they Kyle Yost run.