THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Supergirl issue 31 preview + Interview

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

* I continue to love "lets talk in super speed" and the casual nature of it.

* Best Dog reunites with Best Boy.

*I wonder if Jon's suit is just a contrivance to get Clark and Jon to Jor-El's location and all them to talk in space, or if there's more to it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    *I wonder if Jon's suit is just a contrivance to get Clark and Jon to Jor-El's location and all them to talk in space, or if there's more to it?
    Well, the atmosphere that surrounds it lets Krypto sniff Jon. So there's that, too.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It probably just bugged the writer that talking in space was so normal. They got rid of super ventriloquism, and they used to use those masks that made every one think Superman couldn't survive in space. This is just easier and quicker.

I love this title but won't read the interview before the issue.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    It probably just bugged the writer that talking in space was so normal. They got rid of super ventriloquism, and they used to use those masks that made every one think Superman couldn't survive in space. This is just easier and quicker.
    Right, see, but there's a hole in that logic: literally last issue on the second to last page Kara says "it's [the axe] generating an atmosphere for us too?" Functionally speaking, Kara, Jon, Clark, and Krypto could've easily had that reunion and conversation with just the explanation of the axe's doing. So, I found it note worthy....

and also yet another parallel between Jon and Zaar in these books

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

They could have, but didn't. I don't think her question makes sense unless it was deactivated.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Exactly. They were maybe a few feet above Kara, and the atmosphere generation was specifically mentioned by Kara last issue.

That's why I'm thinking, while clumsy, it may have been very deliberate in the interest of showing off yet another suit ability.

Astonishing Member

Krypto is Supergirl's best supporting character to date. I wish the art was more consistent -- and that Maguire could do every issue!