Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
It is when he is able to outrun bullets or shrug off beng hit by a train. Either Clark is undercutting the team by playing at a small fraction of his potential or he is Labron James going full out against grade schoolers.

If the Smallville team loses a game by 2 points, is it because only using superpowers would have let them win or is it that another fully himan player giving it 100% (because he isn't hiding powers) might have given them enough of an edge to flip the score?

Look at it this way, you can have fun racing a person as fit as yourself and knowing you are both giving it your all. How much fun can you really have if all the other runners are pre-schoolers? Is it really a win if the other guy never stood a sliver of a chance? Is it really a great time if you are constantly trying to decide if you are handicapping yourself to even the odds or just letting the other guy win?
I think people completely overlook the moral of Clark playing football in MAN OF STEEL. It wasn't a good use of his powers. That's the point. This is what Pa relays to him when, after the best game of his high school career, and why Pa takes this time to reveal to him that he's not human.

I never understood this idea that somehow Superman as a baby is just supposed to be a demigod who automatically knows right from wrong. Yet many in this group will turn around and argue that the Kents should die because it demonstrates to Superman that he can't save everyone. No wonder why Superman has been such a mess.

Sorry for the rant, and it wasn't directed at you specifically. I just get frustrated sometimes.