Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post

Well, maybe I'm doing it a bit of a disservice... I guess I did keep reading till the end. But it was just completely unremarkable. ANYBODY could have written it. It would take something pretty special to beat "Secret Origin" (which I adore with all my heart)
    Yeah, for me when it comes to origins I'm all about Morrison's Action Vol. 2, and it certainly didn't come close to touching that for me either. It was a standard origin story, with a couple compelling ideas involved but most not being entirely sustainable within a normal canon (the military service for example...though kudos if anyone could actually make that work in a main setting).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, for me when it comes to origins I'm all about Morrison's Action Vol. 2, and it certainly didn't come close to touching that for me either. It was a standard origin story, with a couple compelling ideas involved but most not being entirely sustainable within a normal canon (the military service for example...though kudos if anyone could actually make that work in a main setting).
    Yeah. That whole military service thing was just like... huh?
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post
    Yeah. That whole military service thing was just like... huh?
    I get that the point of it was Clark figuring out what he “didn’t” want to be, but I dunno, I think I prefer him traveling across the globe to do that.