Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Firstly: YES!!!!

Secondly: Wth is Northstar doing on that cover?
    He's WINNING his race with Aurora

Firstly: YES!!!!

Secondly: Wth is Northstar doing on that cover?
    I bet it are stories from the past, because Marrina is also there and she got killed by Namor and the costumes are from the 80's.

Puck and Sasquatch are there and they are in space.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    And I would like to see Jeffries in his Box Suit which he hasnt used since the early 90s. This might be an unpopular opinion but I think Alpha Flight would have been more successfull and long lasting if it had become a book focused more on the mutant characters than the original Byrne ones.
    Agree, out of the original members the ones that were interesting to me are Aurora due her mental issues, Heather after Mac dies and becomes the team leader, Puck because what's not to love about him, and Walter when he became Wanda for a short time, everyone else either too bland to care about or to much of a jerkass too sympathize with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    I bet it are stories from the past, because Marrina is also there and she got killed by Namor and the costumes are from the 80's.

I meant more "what is up with that pose?" There would be any number of ways the team could get back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post

Definitely set in the past. But Marrina is alive now, she came back as a racist alien in Van Lente's Alpha Flight.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I am so here for this. Yay!
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Definitely set in the past. But Marrina is alive now, she came back as a racist alien in Van Lente's Alpha Flight.
    Oh this is probably a one off like the New Mutants one looking at a past story or stories. I know the new X-book line is going to release in two phases, I wonder if the "New Mutants" and "Alpha Flight" both get new ongoings either in the fall or the spring next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Any Indigenous talent involved?

If not then smh.
    That’s a joke , right?

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Oh this is probably a one off like the New Mutants one looking at a past story or stories. I know the new X-book line is going to release in two phases, I wonder if the "New Mutants" and "Alpha Flight" both get new ongoings either in the fall or the spring next year.
    That'd be nice, but New Mutants seems a lot more likely. I love the Flight, but odds are this book is going to be read by about 73 people. Still, won't complain if we get another ongoing or maxi-series in the modern day.

That'd be nice, but New Mutants seems a lot more likely. I love the Flight, but odds are this book is going to be read by about 73 people. Still, won't complain if we get another ongoing or maxi-series in the modern day.
    <sob> I want Heather back. I loved Heather when she was Guardian, I really miss those Alpha Flight days.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Honestly, I think they will. New Mutants would be by Rosenberg, whose Uncanny X-Men team is partly taken from the New Mutants. Zub would be good on Alpha Flight, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's Brisson either (both are involved in this one-shot).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, I think they will. New Mutants would be by Rosenberg, whose Uncanny X-Men team is partly taken from the New Mutants. Zub would be good on Alpha Flight, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's Brisson either (both are involved in this one-shot).
    I wouldn't be upset by either one, tbh (or a joint book for that matter), but I will confess that I'd be a little more interested in Zub's take on the team. Brisson's brief handling of Alpha Flight makes me think he might not have read an AF book since the 80's, and we already got that unhealthy nostalgia trip with the 2011 series. But Zub's already got Champions and at least one Avengers book in the works, doesn't he? I don't know how much work he'd be allowed to take on.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 06-20-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Zub's current books are Champions, Iron Man (with Slott), Agents of Wakanda, Dungeons and Dragons (mini), and a creator owned title, Stone Star (also a mini). However, he definitely does have another Marvel comic coming.
    https://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/18549...s-coming-up-or
    I have at least two new Marvel projects coming in the months ahead. I’m extremely excited about them. One should be revealed in a couple weeks and the other by end of the summer.
    One of those two is Agents of Wakanda. The other one hasn't been announced yet, sounds like it's something that'll launch in November (the solicits for that month are out in August). So it could indeed be Alpha Flight.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    "To celebrate the Toronto Raptors winning the NBA Championship," notes comical comic editor Chris Robinson (sadly, not Canadian), "we’re bringing back the greatest of the Great White North, Canada’s premiere super-team Alpha Flight!
    So to celebrate the Raptors win, they reintroduce the classic team that doesn't have a single impactful African Canadian in its starting 5? Got it. Drake and the Claw would be disappointed.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin