Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Alpha flight: True north #1

And—brace yourselves, committed connoisseurs of the Commonwealth—the entire creative team is composed of cunning and cuddly Canucks! Written by clever creatives Jim Zub, Jed MacKay, and Ed Brisson⁠, the comic has art crafted by co-conspirators Max Dunbar, Djibril Morissette-Phan, and Scott Hepburn with a kinetic cover by compatriot Nick Bradshaw!

So... Grab your hat and come travel light because adventure lies just around the bend! Featuring three brand-new tales no one has ever told before, ALPHA FLIGHT: TRUE NORTH #1 sees Canada's greatest creators unearth the secret history of squad stalwarts Puck, Snow-bird, Talisman, Northstar, Marrina, Guardian, and Vindicator!

"To celebrate the Toronto Raptors winning the NBA Championship," notes comical comic editor Chris Robinson (sadly, not Canadian), "we’re bringing back the greatest of the Great White North, Canada’s premiere super-team Alpha Flight! And we’ve assembled a super-team of Canadian talent behind the scenes for extra authenticity. Trust me, these guys are going deep into the Deparment H files to tie-up those loose Alpha Flight story threads that have been keeping you all up at night. You wanted dip with the chips? Here it is!"

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

That is an impressive line-up of Canadian creators. I don't usually like Alpha Flight, but it's nice that some Canadians in the Atlantic provinces are working on this one-shot. I'll probably give it a buy when Strange Adventures has an inevitable signing with Ed 'n' Jed.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

The year is 2019. Alpha Flight, the Agents of Atlas, and Ka-Zar are more relevant to Marvel Comics than Sam Wilson. Jim Zub emerges from his syrup pool knowing that the Maple Leaf-agenda is working. At the bottom of the pool is Chip Zdarsky, tied to several weights. On the Byrne Robotics forum, John uses his telepathy to scan and find out what the microbrains will do with his characters. In the office, editorial agrees that these aren't X-Characters, but that's their biggest thing so they give it to Robinson anyway. From his cave, Snoop Dogg picks up his club to go out and whack some sabretooth tigers so he can trade their teeth and furs for comics. From his playbox, Lasagna the Cat knows that his herald Brisson is writing Alpha Flight, and he calls the other monsters to watch their emissary work. Let the Trudeau go. For the moose is loose. Unleash the universal healthcare wave on the helpless American shops!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Heather and Talisman aren't on the cover

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Shaman and Aurora are on the cover and ain't getting mentioned in the solicitation
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Zub, please put Snowguard in this somewhere. PLEASE idc if it’s already written.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Zub, please put Snowguard in this somewhere. PLEASE idc if it’s already written.

LOL agreed.

AF seems like a perfect fit for Zub.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This one shot is set in the past, so Amka won't be featuring. If Zub was to write a new series featuring the team though, he absolutely should include her, at least as a guest star. It's a known fact that she's a Guardian and Snowbird fan, she named herself after those two. And in her origin, they did try to recruit her... she chose the Champions instead, partly because AF wanted her to join a training program instead of actually join the team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I've missed this team! Looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I really hope they bring Heather back, I really miss her. My favorite Alpha Flight period was with Heather as Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This one shot is set in the past, so Amka won't be featuring. If Zub was to write a new series featuring the team though, he absolutely should include her, at least as a guest star. It's a known fact that she's a Guardian and Snowbird fan, she named herself after those two. And in her origin, they did try to recruit her... she chose the Champions instead, partly because AF wanted her to join a training program instead of actually join the team.
    There could be a short story where Snowbird and Guardian are recounting an old tale to Amka. I feel like there are still ways to incorporate her even if every story will be set in the past.

Firstly: YES!!!!

Secondly: Wth is Northstar doing on that cover?

Astonishing Member

I hope they "resurrect" Wild Child (a he never died explanation would be enough)
    And I would like to see Jeffries in his Box Suit which he hasnt used since the early 90s. This might be an unpopular opinion but I think Alpha Flight would have been more successfull and long lasting if it had become a book focused more on the mutant characters than the original Byrne ones.

Any Indigenous talent involved?

If not then smh.

Coolies, I will be picking this up, I loves me some Alpha Flight.

Happy to see Marrina there