Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Then why is Timothy Hunter a kid again in the new Books of Magic series? IIRC, he was an adult (18 years old?) at the start of the Hunter: The Age of Magic series.

Quote Originally Posted by Fromper View Post
    Thanks for the responses so far.

I think this is the main thing I was looking for. I'm still a bit confused on the details here, but it's a good start.

Again, somewhat confusing, but having a list is useful. And you're wrong about Zero Hour bringing back the Multiverse. There was still only a single DCU after that. All it did was gave them an excuse for some minor retcons in most of their comics, and completely rebooted the Legion of Super-Heroes from scratch. That's when I was reading a ton of DC comics, so that part I know.
    What's confusing you exactly ?
    And yes Zero Hour Braught back the Multiverse. Otherwise can you tell me what event/story did bring it back ?

If you're going to list the biggest Elseworlds type stories of all time, how can you leave out The Dark Knight Returns?
    No, The Dark Knight Returns isn't a general story that implies the whole DC Univers.

So not much has been mentioned here yet about Vertigo, other than something about it getting merged back into the main DC universe. Does the newer stuff still follow from the original Sandman and related comics, or was that all rebooted, too?
    To me only Hellblazer/John Constantine/Lucifer, Swamp Thing/Animal Man and The Watchmen has been merged into the DC Universe because they were the only Vertigo characters to appear during the New52/Rebirth Reboot.

But anyhow, DC recently announce that the Vertigo Label was going to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    What's confusing you exactly ?
    I think it's just a lot to take in. It's the long list with little detail about what each story was. I'll need time to digest it and look up what some of those events were, since I have no clue on anything in the last 15-18 years.

And yes Zero Hour Braught back the Multiverse. Otherwise can you tell me what event/story did bring it back ?
    I have no idea. That's why I started this thread to ask these things.

I read tons of DC comics from the early '90s to early '00s, and there was only a single DC Universe that entire time. Vertigo was its own thing, Elseworlds were considered "imaginary stories" (aren't they all?), but the DC Universe was THE DC Universe. The return of the multiverse happened after I stopped collecting comics, and I started not long before Zero Hour.

Edit: Just looked back over the thread, and Restingvoice said, in the second post of the thread, "Infinite Crisis was when they brought back the concept of Multiverse". The Wikipedia entry for that story seems to agree with this.

No, The Dark Knight Returns isn't a general story that implies the whole DC Univers.
    I didn't realize your Elseworlds list was just supposed to be company-wide type things. I thought you were going for the biggest Elseworlds-type stories that got the most attention and were most highly regarded, which would explain why you included Kingdom Come, but made me wonder why you left out Dark Knight Returns.

To me only Hellblazer/John Constantine/Lucifer, Swamp Thing/Animal Man and The Watchmen has been merged into the DC Universe because they were the only Vertigo characters to appear during the New52/Rebirth Reboot.

But anyhow, DC recently announce that the Vertigo Label was going to be over.
    Well, they're publishing new stuff based on Sandman and Books of Magic now, and BoM seems to have been rebooted, which has me confused.
    Last edited by Fromper; 06-21-2019 at 10:46 PM.