Default What Collected Edition has the Best Special Features?

Looking over my collection I absolutely love, love, love the extras in my Marvels 10th anniversary HC - scripts, treatments, so well put together along with Ross' sketches. Likewise for Daredevil Man Without Fear. Absolute Dark Knight (loved the memos), and Kingdom Come.

That got me thinking in our LOTR blu ray extended editions, Back to the Future blu ray with the other Marty actor....

What collected edition has your favorite extras/special features?

I quite enjoyed the "Directors Commentary" of Millar and Hitch in the Ultimates Omnibus, going through each issue and their ideas on what made it onto the page definitely added to the book. Best one I've read. A lot of books have extras but I find most times they don't add much to the experience.

The DC 52 tpbs have a similar and possibly even more comprehensive commentary with all the writers, it was quite interesting as well.

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

My personal favourite is James Robinson's 6-part afterword in the Starman Omnibus books. It's just a brutally honest, heartbreaking, confessional read that clearly shows that Starman was a labour of love. I haven't read anything else quite like it in comics.

Amazing Member

I love Moebius' notes to his Silver Surfer book with Stan Lee : a master really thinking about his work, in all its forms and dimensions (there are pieces on lettering, coloring, story and drawing, obviously). This should be required reading for anyone reading, writing our drawing comic books, whether you agree with the man's positions or not.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    The DC 52 tpbs have a similar and possibly even more comprehensive commentary with all the writers, it was quite interesting as well.
    *most of the writers

The Crisis on Infinite Earths companion in the Absolute edition is probably the best one I can think of, followed by the companion in the JLA/Avengers Absolute.