Default MCU Thanos vs MCU Kurse

How would this one go? Both physically manhandled Thor so it should be pretty close right? Thanos doesn't have his sword.

Does Kurse get to keep his blackhole grenades?

Kurse chucking that 100 ton boulder and pretty much KOing Thor casually were, until Captain Marvel, the gold standards of MCU strength feats (Thor can hurt and scrap with hulk, he can do nothing to Kurse). Thanos demolishing Hulk how Kurse demolished Thor makes things close and they're probably in the same weight class. Idk which way to go.

Hmmm. Probably preeeetty similar in stats.

Thanos has an edge in skill but Kurse has an edge with damage soak and potentially healing.

Probably Thanos squeaks out a majority? Just too skilled. But its a really tough fight.

Im assuming this is pure h2h.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Probably about equal on strength, but Thanos has better technique.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it's damn sure gonna be a fight but i think thanos can take it only due to better skills.

I guess it's probably fair to ask if Post-Ragnarok Thor is stronger than the Thor that fought Kurse ... because Thanos manhandled him after the pep-talk powerup, and that version of Thor was in the process of tearing the Hulk up before he got stun-locked with the mcguffin device.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I guess it's probably fair to ask if Post-Ragnarok Thor is stronger than the Thor that fought Kurse ... because Thanos manhandled him after the pep-talk powerup, and that version of Thor was in the process of tearing the Hulk up before he got stun-locked with the mcguffin device.
    I viewed that as less of a physical stat boost and more of a punch + lightning simultaneously thing. His striking power went up from putting on electro brass knuckles lol.

Thanos was treating Thor in Endgame similarly to how he treated Hulk in IW. Well, Thor was performing much better overall of course. I just mean how much damage each of Thanos' blows was doing to them.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I viewed that as less of a physical stat boost and more of a punch + lightning simultaneously thing. His striking power went up from putting on electro brass knuckles lol.

Thanos was treating Thor in Endgame similarly to how he treated Hulk in IW. Well, Thor was performing much better overall of course. I just mean how much damage each of Thanos' blows was doing to them.
    That's how I took it, and honestly fat thor didnt use much lightning in that fight aside from powering up Iron Man. Cap of all people brought lightning in more memorably.

Thanos was still a level above him, but he didnt ignore Thor's hits quite like Kurse. His skill may make up for it.

I think we are underestimating Kurse skill a bit.

He was straight up dodging attacks from Thor. And he wasn't just "not affected" by Mjolnir... he swatted it like a fly.

Dude sent thor flying with a back hand. Knocked his ass down mid flight. Completely no sells being stabbed through the gut.

I still think Thanos probably wins but this is cloooooooooooooose
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think we are underestimating Kurse skill a bit.

He was straight up dodging attacks from Thor. And he wasn't just "not affected" by Mjolnir... he swatted it like a fly.

Dude sent thor flying with a back hand. Knocked his ass down mid flight. Completely no sells being stabbed through the gut.

I still think Thanos probably wins but this is cloooooooooooooose
    I don't remember him dodging attacks. He pretty much deflected the attacks instead which is just as good (also a charged up thrown Mjolnir bounced off his back). When he was choking Thor out Thor tried punching him several times and Kurse was totally unaffected.

He completely outclassed Thor in stats, to a greater level than Thanos, but I don't think that stretches to skill.

It's difficult determining who is stronger, as both fighters are unbelievably strong. At the very least, it's safe to say Thanos and Kurse are equal in the strength department. Thanos plucked the Mind Stone out of Vision's vibranium forehead, punched Mjolnir out of Captain America's hand, and bludgeoned Hulk nearly to death; Kurse swatted Mjolnir aside, punched right through Asgardian-powered shields, and would've bludgeoned Thor to death were it not for Loki's timely intervention.

Kurse has a few advantages up his sleeve. He is sufficiently durable enough to fight Thanos in CQC. And if he incurs damage, Kurse didn't seem to mind having a blade sticking out his chest. Thanos, however, came back after having Stormbreaker embedded in his chest, so both have comparable levels of damage soak. Kurse's most significant advantage might be his Black Hole Grenades, which would decimate Thanos. But Thanos is a smart, cunning fighter. He could quickly deduce that they're dangerous and actively evade them when they're thrown his way or use them against Kurse. Honestly, this fight is going to be so damn intense; I don't think Kurse will have time to throw one.

Thanos's inhuman strength, coupled with his fighting skills, and durability, gives him a narrow edge.