Mighty Member

Default green arrow and the speedy vs. batman and the robins...

Would you say that Green Arrow, Roy Harper/Mia Dearden are underrated compared to one of the Trinity and his partner? I like both of these characters, but I feel that yes. In some ways I find GA and his partners skill in archery way cooler than the hand to hand combat stuff. I find it interesting that GA and Speedy were conceived as a Robin Hood type character. But yeah I feel that GA with his publication history really took a while to get off the ground. I'm glad that they found a fan base and popularity, though.

Somewhat, yes, but everyone is underrated compared to the BatFam. I also feel they're under-explored in certain family dynamics. Never as popular, GA and Speedy didn't have their own comic. So in the old day we never got their relationship to each other the same way, when things were good. After O'Neil rebooted GA (and I like a lot about that version, I really do, even if he is too loud and preachy and short-tempered), he didn't seem to think about Roy at all. And the one significant story tainted their relationship forever after. Then Connor came along, but GA was dead soon after. Retcon made GA an infant-abandoning father there, too. There was some good stuff with Mia, but like Connor, she no longer seems to exist. Emiko hasn't exactly been fantastically handled, either, IMO.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Yes the GA/Speedy partnership is underplayed.
    There have been SO many missed opportunities.
    I really liked the Arsenal/Red Arrow version of Roy. The sidekick who had been through hell and came out the other side forged stronger.
    Brad Meltzer touched upon the Ollie/Roy dynamic at the start of his JLA run and did a wonderful job showing the respect & love Ollie had for Roy. (and his Hal/Roy dynamic was golden too)
    Mia also had a lot of potential but was wasted once Winick left.
    And Connor Hawke is one of my favourite characters - again, wasted opportunities. We never did get a great deal of Ollie/Connor interaction. Even in Kevin Smith's run.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.