Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default movie Captain America vs movie Green Goblin without the glider

movie Captain America vs movie Dafoe Green Goblin without the glider

I feel like Cap's in some serious trouble here. Even with his best feats, Green Goblin is still bonkers strong.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Goblin is probably just too strong for him. He and Spiderman had some pretty good strength feats, even compared to what MCU Cap has shown.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I feel the urge to point out that, spoilers:
    the last time that we saw him in the mantle of Captain America, MCU Steve Rogers has Mjolnir and all of the Infinity Stones on his person.
    end of spoilers

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

He's holding that thing with one arm stretched out to the side of his body while flying upward, and not showing any appreciable strain. Goblin is way out of Cap's league, physically.

...this is without getting into stuff like bombs that REALLY go boom, seeking razor-blades, that kind of thing.

I really don't like Steve's odds.

Edit: Unless Drunkard Kid's point now illustrates his standard equipment, in which case it runs the other way.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Actually, I notice that it doesn't specify *which* movie Captain America.

BANNED

Cap probably lasts a bit longer than one would think, since he's allways had durability that goes beyond his weight class, but he's way below Norman in all other stats. So yeah it's a stomp.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Cap’s the far superior fighter + has his unbreakable Metal shield. Even on the odd chance that Cap’s strikes can’t hurt Norman, that shield definitely will.

Without the glider I don’t see Gobby has much of a chance honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Cap’s the far superior fighter + has his unbreakable Metal shield. Even on the odd chance that Cap’s strikes can’t hurt Norman, that shield definitely will.

Without the glider I don’t see Gobby has much of a chance honestly.
    Goblin is a guy with bombs that blow up sizeable chunks of large buildings. He's a guy who takes punches from a person who stops a runaway subway train with his bare hands. He's also a guy who holds up -- with one hand -- something far heavier than anything Cap has moved around, and did it effortlessly.

I'm having a really hard time seeing Cap with shield beating him.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Gobby is tough enough to no-sell and tank shots from Maguire Spidey. He's also fast enough to fight pretty evenly with Spidey. And his strength is insane. I did the calcs a looooooooong time back (pre-reboot I'm pretty sure) on the feat of one-hand holding, in a straight horizontal line, the cable for the Roosevelt Island tram, and it's insane: thousands of tons of force insane.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Goblin is a guy with bombs that blow up sizeable chunks of large buildings. He's a guy who takes punches from a person who stops a runaway subway train with his bare hands. He's also a guy who holds up -- with one hand -- something far heavier than anything Cap has moved around, and did it effortlessly.

I'm having a really hard time seeing Cap with shield beating him.
    I'm not denying that he isn't stronger than Cap or more durable but the dude is also a terrible fighter. Without the glider to compensate, he's really not that fast or agile. Plus if Thanos and Ultron can be hurt by being hit by Cap's shield, I feel fairly confidant that it'll hurt Gobby no problem.

and sure, Goblin pulled off a bunch of fancy stuff in the final fight but that's only when he fought a concussed Peter that could barely stand up. When faced against a perfectly healthy opponent (Peter in the burning building), he got picked apart by somebody who's a barely competent fighter.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 06-20-2019 at 07:12 AM.

Got to go with Cap.

Does Cap's shield have some kind of magical damaging ability? Or is it just super-tough? I ask, because if it doesn't have some built-in massive force multiplier, him hurting Thanos with it seems... *wiggles hand*

As for the Goblin, he fought well enough to beat all hell out of Spider-man, catching his punches in mid-punch and the like. Plus, bombs. Like, very large area-affecting bombs. And he's not just stronger than Cap, he's massively stronger, and eats hits from guys who are massively stronger than Cap.

Mileage may vary -- and clearly does -- but I just don't see Cap taking him out.
    Why are we here?

Mighty Member

Remember when Winter Soldier caught Cap's shield? Yeah, Green Goblin is massively stronger than Bucky. Throwing his only defense against Greenie's arsenal at Greenie is an extremely bad move because then he'll have no defense.

Point blank, the only way Cap can hurt Greenie is to somehow trick Greenie into hurting himself. And that's not likely given the tricks and sheer strength that Greenie has.

Why do people keep putting cap in fight with spiderman villains?
    Last edited by choptop; 12-19-2021 at 06:39 PM.