Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Dr. Doom actually held a mantle as Infamous Iron Man, just saying. And Dr. Doom being European and so not an American asset would better explain why the US government empowers Osborn since they need to level the playing field if the next Iron Man genius in the MCU isn't American. Compounded with the revelation of Wakanda. In the MCU, USA isn't the most powerful country anymore, and considering that USA in real life in response to Sputnik invented ARPA to ensure that America would never be "technologically surprised", it entirely fits.

All this stuff about Osborn Dark Reign coming into MCU has him playing a role that is better served by Dr. Doom any day-of-the-week.

And again there's no reason why Doom needs the Fantastic Four to work. Like you know the 1984 Secret Wars had Doom being taken down by Captain America with Reed basically being Cap's sidekick in that story and having no real interactions with Doom in that story. Doom's greatest story Triumph and Torment doesn't even mention Reed or the Fantastic Four by name once in that entire story.

So you can do Doom without the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Dr. Doom actually held a mantle as Infamous Iron Man, just saying. And Dr. Doom being European and so not an American asset would better explain why the US government empowers Osborn since they need to level the playing field if the next Iron Man genius in the MCU isn't American. Compounded with the revelation of Wakanda. In the MCU, USA isn't the most powerful country anymore, and considering that USA in real life in response to Sputnik invented ARPA to ensure that America would never be "technologically surprised", it entirely fits.

All this stuff about Osborn Dark Reign coming into MCU has him playing a role that is better served by Dr. Doom any day-of-the-week.

And again there's no reason why Doom needs the Fantastic Four to work. Like you know the 1984 Secret Wars had Doom being taken down by Captain America with Reed basically being Cap's sidekick in that story and having no real interactions with Doom in that story. Doom's greatest story Triumph and Torment doesn't even mention Reed or the Fantastic Four by name once in that entire story.

So you can do Doom without the FF.
    I mean, you hypothetically could do Doom without the FF but if you're going to do Doom I would prefer you do it with the FF in tow.

I read a rumour that they're looking to cast Osborn sooner rather than later. I can see Norman filling in the tech-industrialist void left by Stark Industries, at the very least. A MCU Dark Reign would be very, very interesting.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

I think they've said the street and cosmic stuff are gonna be somewhat separate for a while. Could def see Osborne as the main 'street' villain. I doubt we see Doom since Feige has already said that the next phase was already planned before the Fox deal went down. Don't think those characters will play any significant role till Phase 5

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I read a rumour that they're looking to cast Osborn sooner rather than later. I can see Norman filling in the tech-industrialist void left by Stark Industries, at the very least. A MCU Dark Reign would be very, very interesting.
    Stark Industries is still running under Pepper Potts. It's been run by her since between Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3. So the company can, and has, endured without Tony. To the extent Stark Industries transitioned out of making weapons and remained big, credit for that has to go to Pepper since after all Tony spent most of the time not running business but being Iron Man, being an Avenger, fighting other Avengers, practicing quips in front of mirror. You also have War Machine, James Rhodes as the Powered Armor guy. Heck maybe he can be the full-time Iron Man (though people might consider that "in bad taste"). Also Hank Pym has this company Pym Technologies, so maybe he could be the next big thing.

I am not sure if there's a need to fill that void to be honest. Did the end of SHIELD lead to HAMMER in the MCU? It didn't because the Russos realized that it raised the stakes for the Avengers that there was no SHIELD to protect them from the Sokovia Accords and each other and so on. There didn't need to be Hammer.

Then there's also the other issue. Sony owns all of the Spider-Man characters, including the rogues. So having Norman Osborn be a Marvel-wide villain will need their say so and okay. The deal allows for Sony to keep most of the money in the MCU Spider-Man movies while Marvel gets more when Spider-Man makes appearances in Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame. How would that deal work if Norman Osborn is now the Marvel-wide villain? I think if Feige wants to do Thunderbolts, which he should, he might want Norman Osborn for that. But again he's already got Helmut Zemo, and he's got Ghost. So he's got part of the original lineup of the Thunderbolts.

And then there's the other issue, who will you cast as Norman Osborn without avoiding comparisons with Dafoe the Great.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I think they've said the street and cosmic stuff are gonna be somewhat separate for a while. Could def see Osborne as the main 'street' villain. I doubt we see Doom since Feige has already said that the next phase was already planned before the Fox deal went down. Don't think those characters will play any significant role till Phase 5
    Isn't the "street" side basically just Spider-Man? And barely at that :P?