View Poll Results: What do you think on Diana Prince?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't mind it

4 8.16%
  • Depends

10 20.41%
  • I like it

27 55.10%
  • No

8 16.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Your thoughts on Diana Prince

I know man dislike this but couldn't Diana use it as a name only? She not hide behind it but just for signing papers.

I like it as something she breaks out for special purposes. Something you'd only see every now and then.
    But for it to be something she uses to hide behind every day? Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I like it as something she breaks out for special purposes. Something you'd only see every now and then.
    But for it to be something she uses to hide behind every day? Gross.
    I see it as name only. She only uses when she needs it. For example signing papers or Id but She doesn't call herself Diana Prince only if she needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I see it as name only. She only uses when she needs it. For example signing papers or Id but She doesn't call herself Diana Prince only if she needs to.
    Pretty much, yeah. It's a more interesting take on the whole secret identity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Pretty much, yeah. It's a more interesting take on the whole secret identity thing.
    I don't mind it, so as long as they don't treat her as Bruce or Clark.

It has its uses. I see it as her using it for maybe an incognito assignment for the JL or just for some downtime for a couple of hours if she wanted to say, see a movie in peace in a cinema with other people or just go have some ice cream in Hagen Dazs. Let's face it Diana is high profile. Having her strut around London and no one recognizing her ever is reaching at times. Sure many times you can miss a celebrity in a crowd but not all the time and not someone as stunning and tall and exotic as she is. Or there is the way it was used in Spirit of Truth just it allowing her to go around the world to just mingle and learn about other people and cultures and be one of the masses and not have her heroic ID or princess identity get in the way as it would influence how people react to her. It gives her a good pov to see things how people see it. Many people have a journey like this be it back packing around the world or volunteering to do aid world etc. I think if WW wants to inspire others, she needs to learn about the world she wants to inspire. I was never a fan of her just coming out into our world and suddenly she knows best or her singing how much she loves everybody just like that. But it would just be for that purpose.

I don't care for her using it as a CIA type spy working for the government/ US military etc. I am not a big fan of for her being a tool of any single government administration. She should remain neutral where politics are concerned.
    Last edited by hellacre; 05-03-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I really enjoy seeing Wonder Woman in her Diana Prince guise. In fact, I'd say she's considerably less interesting without it as it showcases a whole other side of the character. At the same time, I don't want to see a sub-servant Diana Prince who does little more than fetch Steve Trevor's coffee and takes shorthand for him.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

For me a job for Diana has to do with inspiring people, I actually want her to be an writer and or martial arts teacher? Martial Arts is not just about defend but in empowerment and discipline.

Spectacular Member

I like the idea that she uses it for special cases. Rather than being a spy, how about she be a highly sought-after negotiator. It's her way of promoting peace when her "Wonder Woman" identity would get in the way of the process.
    Not Peter David.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I've never really liked Diana being portrayed as a little goody-two-shoes who is all "I shan't tell lies ever!!" That seems to be the main argument against the Diana Prince ID, that Diana would be living a lie and that's something she never, ever does because she's so perfect and swell. Like having a little privacy would actually hurt anybody...

It didn't work when they tried to shoehorn it into post-Crisis continuity, because Perez made her a literal ambassador and the secret ID complicated things. But the concept in general isn't bad. In classical mythology, Goddesses like Athena adopted mortal guises to blend with the public before revealing themselves. I think the secret ID is allegorical in that way. Especially in the early days of the Age of Superheroes where the government would attempt to capture and control them, I can see Diana adopting it so she can hide.

Other factors could come into play. The Amazon nation prefers to be hidden from the world, so having their Princess blabbing about all their secrets is against their interests. Until the Amazons decide as a nation to come forward, I can see Diana respecting their wishes by not blowing the whistle on their existence. Plus, she has to earn a living. Either as a nurse or Darnell's secretary, she can't live off of mommy's fortune forever. I don't think she'd want to anyway.

I will say one thing though: unlike the Daily Planet staff and Clark, I think Steve, Etta, Darnell and the rest should be in on Diana's double life and even help set it up. She should also be willing to share her true identity to those whom she feels earns her trust. She'd be cautious, but not paranoid like Clark or Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I've never really liked Diana being portrayed as a little goody-two-shoes who is all "I shan't tell lies ever!!" That seems to be the main argument against the Diana Prince ID, that Diana would be living a lie and that's something she never, ever does because she's so perfect and swell. Like having a little privacy would actually hurt anybody...

It didn't work when they tried to shoehorn it into post-Crisis continuity, because Perez made her a literal ambassador and the secret ID complicated things. But the concept in general isn't bad. In classical mythology, Goddesses like Athena adopted mortal guises to blend with the public before revealing themselves. I think the secret ID is allegorical in that way. Especially in the early days of the Age of Superheroes where the government would attempt to capture and control them, I can see Diana adopting it so she can hide.

Other factors could come into play. The Amazon nation prefers to be hidden from the world, so having their Princess blabbing about all their secrets is against their interests. Until the Amazons decide as a nation to come forward, I can see Diana respecting their wishes by not blowing the whistle on their existence. Plus, she has to earn a living. Either as a nurse or Darnell's secretary, she can't live off of mommy's fortune forever. I don't think she'd want to anyway.

I will say one thing though: unlike the Daily Planet staff and Clark, I think Steve, Etta, Darnell and the rest should be in on Diana's double life and even help set it up. She should also be willing to share her true identity to those whom she feels earns her trust. She'd be cautious, but not paranoid like Clark or Bruce.
    Agreed, I also feel that since Diana came here to spread her message she should take something from Steve's culture a surname or That she wants to blend in a bit. Also when you think about it many immigrants change their names. I don't want her lying to her friends. However than that I'm cool with Diana Prince.

Has for a job what about a writers?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-05-2014 at 05:11 PM.

I always Wondered if you could write back Etta and Holiday Girls. Do you want them to be trained back Diana

Incredible Member

Etta and the Holiday girls could never be the hazing, paddle-wielding sorority that they used to be (and what college would actually call itself "Holiday"? No way.), but they could be an activist group that Diana has connections to, and she could use the Diana Prince identity as a representative for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Etta and the Holiday girls could never be the hazing, paddle-wielding sorority that they used to be (and what college would actually call itself "Holiday"? No way.), but they could be an activist group that Diana has connections to, and she could use the Diana Prince identity as a representative for them.
    Couldn't they be a college student(activist) and sorority?

Also I miss spelled it. It's Holliday

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Agreed, I also feel that since Diana came here to spread her message she should take something from Steve's culture a surname or That she wants to blend in a bit. Also when you think about it many immigrants change their names. I don't want her lying to her friends. However than that I'm cool with Diana Prince.

Has for a job what about a writers?
    Do we know for sure if she came with Steve to spread a message? We still know very little about her early times in the US in the new continuity. Judging by her first experience in the Justice League, she came for adventure, not to teach anything. I'm drawing a blank on what might have been said in ARGUS.
    Not Peter David.