Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
Speak for yourself.

Between the mod era, the outdatedness of Marston's stories, Diana being the JSA's [I]secretary[\I] and a whole list of embarrassing things that any fan would want to forget about, removing Diana's utterly toxic pre crisis history was doing her a favor.

I'll take Diana being a well written allegedly unimportant nobody over her being in the JL or JSA as nothing more than a token to make those teams look more progressive than they really are.
it really doesn't have to be an either/or situation though. The iconography and lore of her being there can be preserved without going into the specifics of the stories, which are pretty incidental to it. This would be like removing Sue Storm from the FF since she was pretty embarrassing in the early issues. Instead they just do the sliding timescale, quietly ignore everything but the broad strokes and do better progressive writing for stories set in the past. Removing Diana entirely is a pointless step too far, and it played havoc with Donna's history, which is reason enough to not do it.

They did this with Batman and Superman, I don't see why it's too much to ask for Wonder Woman. The mentality that she couldn't be a founding member has no logic in it since she'd be getting altered somewhat along with everyone else anyway.