Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
According to the pre flashpoint chronology Selina was iirc 19 in Year One (with Bruce being 25 or 26) which also already odd. Especially since Selina comes of as much older during that story line.

Another one I also don't like:

Increasing the starting ages for Dick and Jason to ~16 with the new 52. That changes imo completely their dynamic with Batman, and it makes imo Jasons death far less impact full when he was almost an adult opposed to barely in his teens when he is killed (in the original comics Jason never reached the age of 16 as Robin). They apparently changed it back for Dick, but it is sofar not clear if they did it also for Jason.
I could get behind the higher starting if they would say we are going for a more grounded approach, and want therefore the Robins (and all the other sidekicks) to start older. But not if they have a 10-year-old as the current Robin.
Okay, yeah 19 for Selina Year One is too young. She feels and looks the same age as Bruce, well, maybe 3-4 years younger. I can buy the justification that she feels older because she lives in a world that forces her to be older, but I don't know early Post Crisis Selina beyond Year One and Long Halloween.

Jason's still older in Rebirth.