Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
I think MoS was miles ahead of the current superhero movie wave, too. It was serious and attempted to tackle some serious issues in a age where, it seems, people assumed a superhero movie had to be a fun, dumb, loud bombastic adventure with lots of snappy one-liners. Yknow, the Marvel method. Then movies like Logan and Deadpool hit, and Marvel got more serious with Infinity War-Endgame.

It can definitely be argued that Superman doesnt fit that "dramatic" mold the way Logan does (a total fair critique) but I also dont think MoS was as far off from the character as people think. It was just far off from what people expected (and what they expected was another Donner clone). I believe that, in time, people will look back at MoS and see it for the quality movie it is, rather than bitching because it didn't give them another dose of Donner. History will validate that film, though I dont think BvS or JL will ever be seen in a better light.
MOS maybe looked backed on Cinematic wise, but as an actual Superman film it may always be debatable.