Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I kinda doubt they could get Abrams on board in the short time since the Batman/ Catwoman announcement.
    Yes, this didn't happen overnight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    They haven't fully fleshed out the centidemon and already they create a new arch enemy
    Nothing's stopping anything from proceeding as planned in ASM. Fans are used to reading characters in multiple titles. Peter can be facing more than one enemy in a month.

Fantastic Member

i will check this out and im sure this may bring a few new customers into our shop but this really will not move the needle sales wise issue 1 will probably be easily top 10 and depending on variants the mini should do well. and i dont know why but ive gotten into this before but unlike dc and batman where mini;s and limited series far outsell the main book, that just isnt the case regarding amazing spiderman. Amazing spidey is the spidey book and no matter who the creators are at least going back a good 10-15 years any other book just does not sell like amzing and come issue 3 or 4 of this it will be the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I kinda doubt they could get Abrams on board in the short time since the Batman/ Catwoman announcement.
    Funny thing is if the fan/critic speculation about BatCat finally getting married (when the new book makes its debut) is true then Spider-Man will be the only one of the big three male superheroes (Batman, Superman and, of course, Spider-Man) who isn't married. Roughly a decade ago it was the exact opposite.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i will check this out and im sure this may bring a few new customers into our shop but this really will not move the needle sales wise issue 1 will probably be easily top 10 and depending on variants the mini should do well. and i dont know why but ive gotten into this before but unlike dc and batman where mini;s and limited series far outsell the main book, that just isnt the case regarding amazing spiderman. Amazing spidey is the spidey book and no matter who the creators are at least going back a good 10-15 years any other book just does not sell like amzing and come issue 3 or 4 of this it will be the same thing
    Amazing Spider-Man is not the only Spider-Man book. We've talked about this on other threads but there have been just as many pivotal series as ASM for Spidey. This, seemingly, looks to be no different. Will it outsell ASM? Probably not. But saying ASM is the only Spidey book is just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Noticed the Twitter thread where this dropped has more negative responses then positive ones. Sad to see that.
    That's just Twitter. It's an awful place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Well, to their defense, i will say this...
    How many writers are waiting to see their projects evaluated by those great publishers?
    Take note that i am NOT trushing Abraam Jr's efforts at all (at least not before i read his story).
    BUT i can't help but wondering how many chances are there for Marvel giving a chance to my Spider-Man project? Well, i will give you the answer... Next to none. Why? Because i am not an famous personality or having a famous personality backing me up.
    It was extremely difficult and very painful experience to publish my novel IN GREECE.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

People being really obtuse about just another mini-series.

Well, I guess this is at least a change of pace from the eternal persecution complex of "Marvel just really hates Peter Parker" from the Slott-Era.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    How many writers are waiting to see their projects evaluated by those great publishers?
    Take note that i am NOT trushing Abraam Jr's efforts at all (at least not before i read his story).
    BUT i can't help but wondering how many chances are there for Marvel giving a chance to my Spider-Man project? Well, i will give you the answer... Next to none. Why? Because i am not an famous personality or having a famous personality backing me up.
    It was extremely difficult and very painful experience to publish my novel IN GREECE.
    People can be upset and voice their criticism and concerns always. I just don't take any of that from Twitter seriously because, again, that website has proven to be home to the worst people on the face of the Earth.

Okay, here's my take on that. I am sorry you had trouble publishing your novel, but that doesn't mean you (or others) have to take it out on H. Abrams for getting the chance to write the story. Who says he wouldn't have submitted this before? Who knows if he didn't?
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 06-20-2019 at 12:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Okay, here's my take on that. I am sorry you had trouble publishing your novel, but that doesn't mean you (or others) have to take it out on H. Abrams for getting the chance to write the story. Who says he wouldn't have submitted this before? Who knows if he didn't?
    First of all, i didn't insulted Abrams in any way. You should take it back.
    I only stated that my own project would have zero possibilities to reach Marvel for evaluation. I do not think that this is insulting in any way.
    And, please, let us be honest. Abrams is one of the hottest names in the entertaining industry.

Please, take back what have said and for adding me with these who have attacked this project.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 06-20-2019 at 01:23 PM.

BANNED

People can be upset and voice their criticism and concerns always. I just don't take any of that from Twitter seriously because, again, that website has proven to be home to the worst people on the face of the Earth.
    I concur with you. I just said that i MIGHT understand some of that frustation. I am not one of them.
    I myself have been attacked multiple times for my Sorrow Princess of the Deep novel and i wouldn't do such a thing in any way.

Mighty Member

That's absolutely true. I also think whenever anyone (Marvel, DC) makes a very vague tease - "Something big is coming for [Character or Team X]" - everyone projects their own ideas onto the vagueness. You can see in the "4" thread the variety of ideas for what Marvel might have been counting down to. Once a fan projects their hopes onto that tease, the only way the reveal can satisfy them is if (a) it matches their hopes or (b) it's objectively the most amazing thing ever. It's too high a standard to meet with a simple "new mini with an interesting creative team" announcement.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

First of all, i didn't insulted Abrams in any way. You should take it back.
    I only stated that my own project would have zero possibilities to reach Marvel for evaluation. I do not think that this is insulting in any way.
    And, please, let us be honest. Abrams is one of the hottest names in the entertaining industry.

Please, take back what have said and for adding me with these who have attacked this project.
    I'll take it back, and I apologize. This whole topic is damn frustrating.
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 06-20-2019 at 01:39 PM.

wasnt expecting a mini? are those even canon? the air around here is that its just Abrams son writing the whole thing and using his dad name for clout. But thats an unfortunate way of looking at this not his fault his dad is who he is. But i was always under the impression Abrams was well like?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy