Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    What are you unhappy about? You don’t have to buy this and it has no effect on the main book.

hmm... So when does Mr. Abrams plan to get involved with the Marvel movies? Perhaps this is the entryway...

And is "Cadaverous" the mysterious cloaked figure teased for some time now? Or someone else entirely?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 06-21-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

So if instead this would be a comic book movie adaptation of how the fourth original Spider-Man movie it would be better?
    Ha.Funny as usually comic book adaptations of Super Heroes movies are quite terible.
    Anyways i am looking forward to Spider-Man#1,at best is a great new Spider-Man limited series at worst is a mediocre Spider-Man limited series,something that as somebody that have actually read previous Spider-Man limited series that were awful.Cough Spider-Man:Quality of Life limited series Cough.Will not be something that bother me in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hmm... So when does Mr. Abrams plan to get involved with the Marvel movies? Perhaps this is the entryway...

And is "Cadaverous" the mysterious cloaked figure teased for some time now? Or someone else entirely?
    No, the cloaked figure is named Kindred.

a very tone deaf announcement from Marvel. And the way it was done? It was clearly a reacharound for JJ and son

Guys, for the last time, this was not all on Marvel. It isn't tone deaf, it isn't (just) nepotism: it's supposed to be a fun and cool announcement. The only people responsible for hyping it up to this level are clickbait sites (like CBR and IGN) who tried to convince you that it was "Spider-Man 4." This is getting ridiculous with the amount of hate this is getting.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

In fairness though, many people came to the Spider-Man 4 idea on their own without the help of CBR and IGN.

On the subject of nepotism, suppose we have a hypothetical situation where the relative in question is in fact without a doubt the most qualified for a project, should that relative then exclude himself/herself out of a sense of fairness?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

WebslingWonder: dude...we get it, you're boning for JJ. Rather than reply to everyone who you don't agree with, accept the fact there's a sizable number of readers who found the way this was announced and handled to be slightly tacky. Even established comic book creators are rolling their eyes at it. The only thing I'm excited for is more spidey art from Sara P, and if the story is great, hey, bonus. But at the end of the day, the way it was presented left a lot of people with a bad taste in their collective mouths.

Just so yknow, I'm not some negative nancy here, I AM looking forward to Larsens return to the book, even if its for a short story.
    Last edited by jyamen; 06-21-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jyamen View Post
    WebslingWonder: dude...we get it, you're boning for JJ. Rather than reply to everyone who you don't agree with, accept the fact there's a sizable number of readers who found the way this was announced and handled to be slightly tacky. Even established comic book creators are rolling their eyes at it. The only thing I'm excited for is more spidey art from Sara P, and if the story is great, hey, bonus. But at the end of the day, the way it was presented left a lot of people with a bad taste in their collective mouths.

Just so yknow, I'm not some negative nancy here, I AM looking forward to Larsens return to the book, even if its for a short story.
    I'm not "boning for JJ", so you'd do well to take that statement back. I'm calling out the so called "bad taste." It doesn't even matter if people gripe to Marvel about it: what are they going to do? Cancel the book?

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I'm not "boning for JJ", so you'd do well to take that statement back. I'm calling out the so called "bad taste." It doesn't even matter if people gripe to Marvel about it: what are they going to do? Cancel the book?
    well, its the internet...griping is going to happen regardless of what they do with the book. its a moot point, the announcement felt tacky to some, and they're sharing their voice. Why argue endlessly with people over their opinion when its not going to change.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    In fairness though, many people came to the Spider-Man 4 idea on their own without the help of CBR and IGN.

On the subject of nepotism, suppose we have a hypothetical situation where the relative in question is in fact without a doubt the most qualified for a project, should that relative then exclude himself/herself out of a sense of fairness?
    Yes.
    If nepotistic hires are not allowed for the least qualified person then they shouldn't be allowed for the most qualified person. At the end of the day a nepotistic hire is a nepotistic hire no matter who is being hired.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member

If Steven King and Joe Hill want to write a book, even a comic, together, no one is going to cry nepotism.

Quote Originally Posted by jyamen View Post
    well, its the internet...griping is going to happen regardless of what they do with the book. its a moot point, the announcement felt tacky to some, and they're sharing their voice. Why argue endlessly with people over their opinion when its not going to change.
    Why gripe at all if you know the book won't change? It's a moot point back and forth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If Steven King and Joe Hill want to write a book, even a comic, together, no one is going to cry nepotism.
    You know why, right? Because Joe Hill got a career without cashing in on his father’s name. In fact, he wasn’t even outed (against his will) as King’s son until a decade into his career and after he had already gained success under his own hard work and talent. That’s not nepotism, since he got where he did under his own steam. What he did was incredibly admirable, since he could have made things much easier for him by using his lineage for success much earlier. That’s not the case with JJ and his 20 year old son Henry, so give me a break. From Joe Hill’s Wikipedia entry:

“Hill chose to use an abbreviated form of his given name (a reference to executed labor leader Joe Hill, for whom he was named) in 1997, out of a desire to succeed based solely on his own merits rather than as the son of Stephen King, one of the world's best-selling and most-recognized living novelists.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    You know why, right? Because Joe Hill got a career without cashing in on his father’s name. In fact, he wasn’t even outed (against his will) as King’s son until a decade into his career and after he had already gained success under his own hard work and talent. That’s not nepotism, since he got where he did under his own steam. What he did was incredibly admirable, since he could have made things much easier for him by using his lineage for success much earlier. That’s not the case with JJ and his 20 year old son Henry, so give me a break. From Joe Hill’s Wikipedia entry:

“Hill chose to use an abbreviated form of his given name (a reference to executed labor leader Joe Hill, for whom he was named) in 1997, out of a desire to succeed based solely on his own merits rather than as the son of Stephen King, one of the world's best-selling and most-recognized living novelists.”
    While I did not quote it, I was referring to the post above mine.

Even then, the point still stands, this is a creative project where a father wants to work with his son on writing a story. I doubt Marvel felt forced to do this, I would not be surprised if they thought it was a better idea than just having JJ.