Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default JJ Abrams and son cowriting Spider-Man mini-series; Sara Pichelli on art

Ok, this is pretty big. And definitely cool.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/a...omic-book.html

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ah the Twitter reactions!

At this point I'm throwing darts to see which will stick. After the latest development with Mephisto and a Spider, I'm betting Blackheart will become a Spider too.

Edit: Was typing this while Prof. Warren posted the above. And so now Pichelli who was highly touted for Slott's FF is drawing this.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Can't read it because of NY Times, but is this also the book that is going to "sell" a million copies?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

J.J. Abrams? Nani?

That lives up to the hype. It's big and unexpected. I'm hoping the son's involvement avoids the delays we sometimes see with these types of projects
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

This is it? This is what that countdown was about? JJ Abrams and his teen/early 20s unqualified spawn teaming up on a book in a clear sign of nepotism? This is what Marvel was pumping?? Even that dumb idea of a Raimi Spidey 4 comic adaptation would’ve been better... and that’s the lowest bar I can think of.

MAHHHH BOYYYSSSS!!! This is hype!!

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    This is it? This is what that countdown was about? JJ Abrams and his teen/early 20s unqualified spawn teaming up on a book in a clear sign of nepotism? This is what Marvel was pumping?? Even that dumb idea of a Raimi Spidey 4 comic adaptation would’ve been better... and that’s the lowest bar I can think of.
    Take the Haterade somewhere else, man. This is worthy of that hype!

A story where they introduce a new, exciting, cunning, and highly dangerous foe who will change the Spidery mythos forever.

Character TBD.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Take the Haterade somewhere else, man. This is worthy of that hype!
    Why? Give me one reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I agree. I mean J. J. Abrams. One of the most mediocre film-makers of our time writes a Spider-Man comic and we are supposed to be hyped about this? If this were Wes Anderson, or Paul Thomas Anderson, freakin' Tarantino, or James Gunn maybe I'd get it since they have actual talent as writers and visual stylists. But Abrams, really?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I agree. I mean J. J. Abrams. One of the most mediocre film-makers of our time writes a Spider-Man comic and we are supposed to be hyped about this? If this were Wes Anderson, or Paul Thomas Anderson, freakin' Tarantino, or James Gunn maybe I'd get it since they have actual talent as writers and visual stylists. But Abrams, really?
    Plus, his son. Who has.... what qualifications? I really can’t stand nepotism, whether it’s politics or in Hollywood or here.

Co-creator of Lost gets a Spider-Man book while the co-creator of Morning Glories spearheads Spider-Man books.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Tarantino?

Abrams problem is follow through, not talent. He sets stuff up without having much of a plan, if any, and it keeps biting him in the ass.

Which makes him a perfect fit to write comics.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Perhaps because Henry has that young adult and "die-hard comics fan" perspective to contribute. Many current writers started off that way.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES