Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

There is nothing off-putting like a rich person buying their children careers. I know rich ppl do this all the time but does it have to be this blatant? There has been a lot of celebrities who have written for Marvel but I never blinked because I understood why it was happening but this kind of nepotism is just disgusting in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    There is nothing off-putting like a rich person buying their children careers. I know rich ppl do this all the time but does it have to be this blatant? There has been a lot of celebrities who have written for Marvel but I never blinked because I understood why it was happening but this kind of nepotism is just disgusting in my opinion.
    Thank you! Perfectly said. I’m glad someone else shares my view on this. It’s just JJ slapping his name on it and letting his son write it. The rest of you, have fun, knock yourself out. This will be mediocre at best and forgotten a couple months after the last low-selling issue. I’ll be saving my money by sticking to ASM and not encouraging the 1%’s nepotism and inherited privilege.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

At the very least I should like the art work since Sara Pichelli is on it. Glad she's back working on a Spidey book. Looking forward to giving this a go at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Stan Lee probably wouldn't have gotten his job if not for nepotism.
    well, nepotism gets you through the door but you still need to deliver in order to stay
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Tarantino?

Abrams problem is follow through, not talent. He sets stuff up without having much of a plan, if any, and it keeps biting him in the ass.

Which makes him a perfect fit to write comics.
    truth bomb
    troo fan or death

Mighty Member

Ok, so the big announcement is that JJ Abrams is giving a writing gig to his son. Good for him.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    This will be mediocre at best and forgotten a couple months after the last low-selling issue.
    You could be right, and you could be wrong.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Cool I guess. I don't know how many die hard Abrams fans will bother picking up a comic with his name on it though. I'm personally more hyped about Hickman taking over X-Men than a movie director writing a mini-series right now. (And since Spencer has been pretty solid on ASM I can't think of anyone else I would be more excited about writing Spidey.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Okay, I have to laugh with JJ Abrams going crazy with the lens-flare just like in his TV shows and movies. Seems to be one of his signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Okay, I have to laugh with JJ Abrams going crazy with the lens-flare just like in his TV shows and movies. Seems to be one of his signatures.
    I don't know where this cover comes from, but on the original posted pic, there is not all those lens-flares.

To go back on topic, I never liked J.J.Abrams' workd. And the cover art is so so. So I don't see why this needed all this announcement.
    Let's hope it's good, but I have a doubt.

good god. the abrams privilege/nepotism sucks...............but also the spider-man 4 adaption would’ve sucked ass too. idk if it’s because im deathly allergic to movie-to-comic adaptions but they are never good. Ever. would’ve been cool if they were doing a Spidey & Mary Jane book with Kathryn Immonen and Sara Pichelli.

BANNED

I don’t like this news. I don’t like it one bit. I mean it’s partly due to this guy that we have a mess in both Star Wars and Star Trek. Spider-Man is already a messy place don’t let this guy into it.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The last paragraph of the Newsarama article is probably the most salient point for me (emphasis mine):
    And what does Marvel have to show for it? A new comic that could have garnered genuine interest had it been presented in a different manner, now tangled in a web of ill will. Which is a shame, given it’s being drawn by the amazingly, spectacularly talented Sara Pichelli, co-creator of Miles Morales, and features one of the most well-known names in the entertainment industry making his superhero comic debut… with Henry Abrams, son of famous director JJ Abrams.
    I don't think the charges of nepotism will be completely eliminated had this been announced properly, but it could have been reduced. I just hope it doesn't reach the extreme of issuing death threats, which sadly has afflicted social media.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES