Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I'm just in love with Dave Stewart's take on the color of MJ's hair! Oooo, crimson just how I like it, baby. I think Sara is a great artist. I'll take Abrams' work on the book, but I have little expectations from his son. We'll see!

Huh...well, I'm not quite sure if the announcement lived up to the hype but it's certainly interesting.

I mean, in the long-run I don't think it's that big of a deal and I don't expect the mini to have much of an impact compared to other "celebrity creator" books (like, I guess, Kevin Smith).

Going with just "Spider-Man" reminds me of when they did the McFarlane run, which was obviously more creator-based then story based, which I feel is kind of the same here with a book that's basically running on the Abrams' name.

It's cool to see father/son working together on something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The only one of the three things that people wanted it to be that would get as much attention as big movie person was an adaptation of big movie that doesn't exist, which I don't understand seeing as that continuity has no loose threads, is mainly popular because of the cast, and would just be a traditional Spider-Man/Vulture book with shiny paint.
    I mean, I think a OMD resolution and an MCU Spider-Man comic would've been pretty equivalent to that in terms of hype in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The only thing that should matter to fans are the issues themselves. For example: I do not agree with the politics of Gerry Conway, but I love his work on Spider-Man. Especially ASM 121-122 and Renew Your Vows. If JJ and son give us a great story we should appreciate the effort and be happy with the results instead if worrying about the process and how much money he is making.
    Thank you!! I totally agree!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Thank you!! I totally agree!
    They haven't fully fleshed out the centidemon and already they create a new arch enemy

Mighty Member

The story shows Peter Parker in a way you haven't seen him before," J.J. Abrams teased.
    What? Happy and successful?

Abrams, his son, and Pichelli doing a Spider-Man mini is pretty exciting. Probably not worthy of all that hype (which to be fair, most of that hype from us pushing certain expectations rather than them promising anything), but still interesting none the less. We don't really know much other than there's gonna be a new villain, which considering we already have Kindred/Centidemon right now seems a bit too soon to throw another big one, but I'm willing to see what it is. Plus MJ is on the cover, which seems to indicate she will be more involved in this series, which will be nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    The story shows Peter Parker in a way you haven't seen him before," J.J. Abrams teased.
    What? Happy and successful?
    Will it have a lasting effect on the character? Will MJ and Peter finally truly get back together?

On an ongoing basis I have to wonder with Felicia getting a big boost these days if they intend to do an ongoing triangle with Peter, MJ, and Felicia at some point.

Anyway, I'll probably check it out when it comes out, it's just going to be disappointing if it has no impact at all on the characters outside of the mini-series, then what's the point of hyping it so much.

I think we're forgetting one major thing:
    Batman/Catwoman. Doesn't this cover look similar to that? DC has a big announcement with their most interesting love pairing, and maybe Marvel wants to do the same. Get a big name writer who's worked/working in Hollywood (King/Abrams) and a fan favorite artist (Mann/Pichelli) and a fan favorite couple (Bat/Cat, Peter/MJ). That's exactly what this looks like.

What a lucky man, now he has the reigns of two of my favorite franchises!

Okay.

(People are too cynical. This project's fine.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    They haven't fully fleshed out the centidemon and already they create a new arch enemy
    One big problem with Spider-Man is tbe lack of quality enemies that were created since Carnage If Abrams creates one and they stick we should be happy. If not, then it is back to tje drawing board.

Pichelli back on Spidey books holy moley! ! !

I can't help but remember when Kevin Smith was announced as a special director/writer. While I haven't been a fan of his work since Lost (discounting season six lol) unlike Smith whose run was mediocre at best, I hope J. J. Abrams delivers.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Plus, his son. Who has.... what qualifications? I really can’t stand nepotism, whether it’s politics or in Hollywood or here.
    Nor can I. I'm a firm believer in meritocracy, oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I love Spider-Man, so I'm down to give it a read. I do think it is a news worth announcement. However, I think the count down was a little ridiculous....
    As do I. I was expecting so much more.