Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Plus, his son. Who has.... what qualifications? I really can’t stand nepotism, whether it’s politics or in Hollywood or here.
    Stan Lee probably wouldn't have gotten his job if not for nepotism.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    The story shows Peter Parker in a way you haven't seen him before," J.J. Abrams teased.
    What? Happy and successful?
    LOL, now you're just talking crazy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

In all, however you feel about Abrams or Hollywood nepotism (which is hardly new), I agree with NYC_Yankee: the ONLY thing we need to be concerned about is the quality of the book. If the book knocks it out of the park, then none of the extra stuff matters. Now, we know in September, something major happens with Peter and MJ that leads to this series. Will it be good? We'll find out.

Mighty Member

^I'm cool with WebSlingWonder's take here. The book will be good or not. It'll look good either way. I don't really get the countdown to the reveal, though - this is an interesting announcement much more than a blockbuster one. It was always going to be interesting w/o the pre-hype
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I think we're forgetting one major thing:
    Batman/Catwoman. Doesn't this cover look similar to that? DC has a big announcement with their most interesting love pairing, and maybe Marvel wants to do the same. Get a big name writer who's worked/working in Hollywood (King/Abrams) and a fan favorite artist (Mann/Pichelli) and a fan favorite couple (Bat/Cat, Peter/MJ). That's exactly what this looks like.
    I kinda doubt they could get Abrams on board in the short time since the Batman/ Catwoman announcement.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’m sure it’ll be good.
    Always will be a part of me that wishes there was just one title for Spidey, but we are long past that age.

BANNED

So...
    Spider-Man: The Other Awakens, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Abrams, his son, and Pichelli doing a Spider-Man mini is pretty exciting. Probably not worthy of all that hype (which to be fair, most of that hype from us pushing certain expectations rather than them promising anything), but still interesting none the less. We don't really know much other than there's gonna be a new villain, which considering we already have Kindred/Centidemon right now seems a bit too soon to throw another big one, but I'm willing to see what it is. Plus MJ is on the cover, which seems to indicate she will be more involved in this series, which will be nice to see.
    Almost every new run promises something like that at this point .

Having Peter and MJ prominently on the cover is nice, but I'm not sure if she'll be more integral here then she seems to be in Spencer's run.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I think we're forgetting one major thing:
    Batman/Catwoman. Doesn't this cover look similar to that? DC has a big announcement with their most interesting love pairing, and maybe Marvel wants to do the same. Get a big name writer who's worked/working in Hollywood (King/Abrams) and a fan favorite artist (Mann/Pichelli) and a fan favorite couple (Bat/Cat, Peter/MJ). That's exactly what this looks like.
    I think it if it was Peter/MJ focused it would've been more overt in the description.

I thought it was interestingly timed with WB acquiring Bad Robot (Abrams' production company).

I'm fine with this. If it's good, or even great, then it's all good. If it's terrible, then it's just a mini-series.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Can't say I think the announcement lives up to the hype; it would've been better suited for an event or major status quo change instead of announced a special miniseries with a guest writer. That said, in and of itself, the creative team sounds really promising, so I don't really get the negative response to that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Pichelli back on Spidey books holy moley! ! !
    Definitely! I love her work.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    So...
    Spider-Man: The Other Awakens, anyone?
    I’m kinda getting a ‘the other’ vibe from this. The name Is fitting as well. Although. Miss arrow (Ero) was the resolution there.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I’m sure it’ll be good.
    Always will be a part of me that wishes there was just one title for Spidey, but we are long past that age.
    Same here, but as you said those days are (sadly) long gone.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Noticed the Twitter thread where this dropped has more negative responses then positive ones. Sad to see that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Noticed the Twitter thread where this dropped has more negative responses then positive ones. Sad to see that.
    So did this thread, unfortunately.