Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I said I wanted new stuff and not more of the same old song and dance. These new solics don't inspire confidence we will get much of anything new or unique in this run.
    And at 5 bucks a pop? Get out of here.

So what if it has extra pages? Probably charts and graphs of Mars GDP and wage stagnation.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wait for the books to come out, then bitch.

Geez. Can't please anyone here.
    "Cable was right!"

Amazing to me that everyone's given up on the Hickman run based on a two sentence solicit. It's not bowing down to corporate overlords to say you're still optimistic that a renowned author can still put out something you might like in the end.

I'm not even that big of a fan of the Hickman Avengers run and I'm excited simply because it will be different than the junior high school level writing we've been experiencing for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Amazing to me that everyone's given up on the Hickman run based on a two sentence solicit. It's not bowing down to corporate overlords to say you're still optimistic that a renowned author can still put out something you might like in the end.

I'm not even that big of a fan of the Hickman Avengers run and I'm excited simply because it will be different than the junior high school level writing we've been experiencing for years now.
    Oh, sure. And it's not like I've cancelled my pre-order or anything. It's just that after the build and mystery - after JDW cheerfully admitting he was actually upset by Hickman's pitch! - getting a solit that's pretty much any day ending in "y" for the mutant crew and a reminder that we've got a good month to go before we get any real news is a bit deflating.

BANNED

I can already see people bitching after the end of the first issue if the entire world of the xmen hasn't been "shaken to its core"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Oh, sure. And it's not like I've cancelled my pre-order or anything. It's just that after the build and mystery - after JDW cheerfully admitting he was actually upset by Hickman's pitch! - getting a solit that's pretty much any day ending in "y" for the mutant crew and a reminder that we've got a good month to go before we get any real news is a bit deflating.
    Anyone with half a brain should know not to buy into editorial hype by now. That's their job.

let the story speak for itself once it's finished

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    It's the same whiny entitled people who would complain if the solicits revealed the entire plot of the story. So people just really really enjoy being negative and will jump at any opportunity to get their buzz.
    And clearly you enjoy and get your "buzz" complaining about people complaining and being negative

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Morrisson had no real interest in the conflict, just the result. I'm thinking, what if Hickman is going to show us the actual moment in Marvel Earth biological history, the actual activation of evolution as it's defined by science, like human vs mutant in mega terms?

No one has actually shown the actual process of the evolutionary clock ticking away; is this what Hickman is going to do?

Where do the X-Men fit in if the evolutionary conflict isn't "coming" any longer, it's here? What do mutants like Emma do--she loves the culture, the material trappings, the tangible comforts of Sapiens sapiens--if there is going to be a species 'purity test'? Again, I'm just surmising. I could be way off base here.
    ?

Morrisson said that in 5 generations' time, humanity would be completely replaced by mutants.

That Emma/cultural angle sounds fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yup, I think that's key to ignore the editorial hype. It's like the marketing team for games these days "This new expansion is the most bonkers set we've done!" followed by "You won't believe what we've pulled off!" the following quarter.

Yup, I think that's key to ignore the editorial hype. It's like the marketing team for games these days "This new expansion is the most bonkers set we've done!" followed by "You won't believe what we've pulled off!" the following quarter.
    Truth. But, at the same time, books I don't care enough about to follow the hype on are usually the ones I wind up trade-waiting on anyway. And the roller-coaster is its own kind of fun. (Sometimes, usually.)

this is what happens when we get no new covers, JDW

THIS is what happens!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    this is what happens when we get no new covers, JDW

THIS is what happens!
    Sadly the covers came early, so that excitement was over a week ago. Part of me was hoping for some variants, but they're not really gonna show much of that in solicits, given how many there can be.

I am dying for some variants with Monet & Paige. The latter was on the most recent one, so that was nice. Not much more on Monet though.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

HoX 04-05, PoX 04-05, NM:WC 01...I'm so EXCITED!!!!

I'm not going to let past books of his good and bad taint how I view this run for anyone who thinks I'm just whiney about these comics.
    Last edited by Maestro 216; 06-21-2019 at 10:19 AM.

BANNED

Well, the Solicits actually does not make me excited for me to want to buy the book. But, I am interested in what Hickmans is going to do so i'm just going to wait until the actual books come out.
    But I must say this Human hating Mutants is really annoying and boring now.