Mighty Member

Default Missing Numbering on X-men

Uncanny X-men and War of the realms each does the Legacy Numbering, but its missing 539.Did i miss a issue.War of the Realms X-men 1 is 535 and Uncanny X-men 16 is 535.Was it just a mistake. i love the legacy numbering they did good on Avengers and no road home they synced it up real nice. Do you put them in order like avengers and no road home for the Legacy numbering.The same with War of the realms x-men

Extraordinary Member

Yes it was a mistake. I have not been checking if things are back to correct numbering, but the WotR mini is supposed to be 635-637 and 16 and onward is suppose to pick up from 638. This was acknowledged somewhere.
    Last edited by cranger; 06-22-2019 at 07:41 AM. Reason: in the 600's right?

Fantastic Member

Yup.

Uncanny X-Men #15 - 634
    WotR: Uncanny #1 - 635
    WotR: Uncanny #2 - 636
    WotR: Uncanny #3 - 637
    Uncanny X-Men #16 - 638

And JDW said he's filing them separately (under WotR), but that's nonsense. Put them in order, like a sophisticated human being.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Yup.

Uncanny X-Men #15 - 634
    Uncanny X-Men #16 - 638

And JDW said he's filing them separately (under WotR), but that's nonsense. Put them in order, like a sophisticated human being.
    Annuals and minis go in the back. Legacy numbering is proven to be a figment of marketing imagination and will have no impact on how a comic collection should properly be sorted. Now, whether this mini should go with WotR or UXM could be debated, if one were a savage, clearly the answer is it goes with UXM, at the back.

That should be on a case by case basis. WOTR: Uncanny X-Men and Infinity Countdown: Champions belong in their series, as they have the main series writer and are important for continuity. But books like the X-Men Gold annuals, which didn't have the ongoing creative team and are unrelated to the main storyline (Gold Annual #1 was Excalibur and #2 was 80s Kitty) would go in the back.

You're right about the legacy numbering though. Those Champions issues aren't included.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-23-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

I suppose it depends on what your highest sort priorities are. Relevance and chronology are my top two, so for me Wotr:UXM will go in Legacy order, and if I were lucky enough, Giant-Size X-Men #1 would be between 93 and 94.

With annuals, I'm conflicted. With classic uncanny, I have them all at the back of the series, but my newer stuff I've been putting in release order. Maybe its because XM Blue's Annual was a part of the ongoing story and the recent Uncanny annual felt the same. :shrug:

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Yup.

Uncanny X-Men #15 - 634
    Uncanny X-Men #16 - 638

I don't know how they messed this up.
    "Cable was right!"