Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    You're not still holding out hope that the New X-Men are suddenly going to be relevant again are you?
    Less of those boring unlikeable characters the better.

Hickman knows what's good, see Husk and Monet on the main team.

He’s also using Eye Boy and Sage, so I don’t know if “less of these boring unlikeable characters” is what he’s going for.

BANNED

When did we see Eye Boy?

he mentioned eye guy in the scorched earth cbr interview and we've seen armor in preview pages
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

It feels to me like a history story...in which hickman gives us the preface in the 12 issues...then builds on that in his ongoing that I’m sure he will write.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05...e-powers-of-x/

He mentioned Trev as a “weirdo mutant with eyes covering your whole body”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, the Solicits actually does not make me excited for me to want to buy the book. But, I am interested in what Hickmans is going to do so i'm just going to wait until the actual books come out.
    But I must say this Human hating Mutants is really annoying and boring now.
    You guys (in general, not you specifically SP) are hilarious!
    There's a faction who stand by the X-Men's raison d'etre. Their analogy/metaphor for the minority, the different and the disenfranchised (mutants) being hated by society (humans) at large. And when those of us consider that the X-Men should move on/away from that (leave earth and humans altogether)...there's vehement outcry/outrage against that notion.
    Now...
    With that one solicit, The X-Men are (might be) staying true to their ethos and what do we get?..."ugh! So BO-ring!" "same ole same ole!" "no thank you!" "I'm out!" ...before the first issue is even released.

It's no wonder (smart) writers choose to ignore the fan-base and just write what they want because clearly...they can only please some of the people some of the time, and everyone/thing else is just white noise and headache.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-21-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You guys (in general, not you specifically SP) are hilarious!
    There's a faction who stand by the X-Men's raison d'etre. Their analogy/metaphor for the minority, the different and the disenfranchised (mutants) being hated by society (humans) at large. And when those of us consider that the X-Men should move on/away from that (leave earth and humans altogether)...there's vehement outcry/outrage against that notion.
    Now...
    With that one solicit, The X-Men are (might be) staying true to their ethos and what do we get?..."ugh! So BO-ring!" "same ole same ole!" "no thank you!" "I'm out!" ...before the first issue is even released.

It's no wonder (smart) writers choose to ignore the fan-base and just write what they want because clearly...they can only please some of the people some of the time, and everyone/thing else is just white noise and headache.
    Because it is the same thing over and over? Aren't the X Men also trying to evolve? Move beyond the world outright hating them all? Why do you think people hate OMD because Peter reverted back to his singles self rather than a married hero. You have to show some kind of change in your world and characters that is positive otherwise why should we care mutants will never truly win any kind of rights.

Humans hating and fearing them is their schtick. It's been that way for decades, since inception.
    And one can argue that it's humans who need to evolve, not mutants.
    While, there have been times...few and far between...when they weren't so hated and feared and the degree of that hatred and fear has waxed and waned...that is something that will always be intrinsic to the X-Men as a group, as a metaphor. I don't think we'll ever get away from that entirely.
    While I agree the way it's been re-told of late is repetitive, tiresome and vomitous and it would be nice if we can get an entire 100-issue run without that particular plot point cropping up...that might be wishful thinking.
    I am willing to see how HiX-Man treats with it going forward...if only because it's his first attempt at tackling the X-Men and that particular issue (if the solicits hold true). He could bring a different perspective.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-21-2019 at 02:51 PM.

I think some mutants also need to change in order for some kind of peace to be possible such as Magneto. It is a pipe dream, but only with the more violent mutants stop killing people can the ones trying to survive get some breathing room for conversation. Much like how radical group usually stir the pot too much for certain minorities.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Humans hating and fearing them is their schtick. It's been that way for decades, since inception.
    And one can argue that it's humans who need to evolve, not mutants.
    While, there have been times...few and far between...when they weren't so hated and feared and the degree of that hatred and fear has waxed and waned...that is something that will always be intrinsic to the X-Men as a group, as a metaphor. I don't think we'll ever get away from that entirely.
    While I agree the way it's been re-told of late is repetitive, tiresome and vomitous and it would be nice if we can get an entire 100-issue run without that particular plot point cropping up...that might be wishful thinking.
    I am willing to see how HiX-Man treats with it going forward...if only because it's his first attempt at tackling the X-Men and that particular issue (if the solicits hold true). He could bring a different perspective.
    I'd have to agree with the idea that the X-men are always going to have the "hate and fear us" aspect. In all honesty, that's partly what makes them separate from most teams. Now as for what Hickman is doing, who knows, it's best just to wait. It could be amazing, or it could very well be disappointing.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Exactatiously!
    The X-Men have gone out of their way to save humanity. But certain mutants have gone out of their way to destroy humanity thereby maintaining that feared and hated perception.
    And it's a very rare story where-in humans (not just the Stevie Hunters) are shown to look past the powers and see them as heroes despite what a villainous few would do and think...one that I don't think is told quite as often, if at all. I don't think I've ever read a story-arc where the driving plot-line is humans standing up for mutants and overtly confronting those who perpetuate the hate and fear and discrimination.
    Where are those pro-mutant! groups? And why are they not more present and active in the MU?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-21-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Mutants are always “hated and feared.” That should be a given, so why would that be a selling point for a solicit? I don’t mind it, but it isn’t as deep as you think it is that the same people that love mutant social justice are also bored by these solicit texts. Also, there’s more to being an allegory than getting hunted and killed all the time.

I agree...100%
    They could have left that part out and all would have been normal.
    Enh! It is what it is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Mutants are always “hated and feared.” That should be a given, so why would that be a selling point for a solicit? I don’t mind it, but it isn’t as deep as you think it is that the same people that love mutant social justice are also bored by these solicit texts. Also, there’s more to being an allegory than getting hunted and killed all the time.
    Personally I just find the knee jerk reaction to these INTENTIONALLY vague solicits both hilarious and annoying. Like did people really think there wasn't going to at least SOME human vs mutant conflict going on in Hickman's run? We've been told since jump that Hickman plans on pushing the X-Men in a new direction.