Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    October is a 5 week month, there will almost certainly be new X-books. Plus they're announcing the new books at SDCC in July, right before October solicits come out.
    I hope you are right. All my favorites are completely absent from any HOX POX teasers so it probably means at least 4 months of limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I hope you are right. All my favorites are completely absent from any HOX POX teasers so it probably means at least 4 months of limbo.
    There is many that won't be on covers and HoxPox is only the opening mini-series. There is chance for more. Not all books will be connected to Hickman concept

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    what? you aren't excited for Hickman?
    There's literally nothing in these to be excited about. They're pre-packaged corporate drivel with zero substance. They do realize that part of releasing solicits and promos is to get people excited for things, right?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    There's literally nothing in these to be excited about. They're pre-packaged corporate drivel with zero substance. They do realize that part of releasing solicits and promos is to get people excited for things, right?
    seems like it. No spoiling things, make promotion harder

Marvel has done an impressive job hyping HoX/PoX literally everywhere.

One solicit that doesn't spell out the story and the books are cancelled before they come out.

Lord

I just realized that the people that only buy X-Men (and buy anything X-Men related) are gonna save a bit of money from July to October. Those people are only buying one book a week, for the most part. Good for them.

I am excited for Hickman's run. I don't think we can generalize too much about the contents of House of X and Powers of X. I am hoping for an exciting story and one that is good quality. I want well written dialogue and a story that makes sense. I want the right amount of shock value and perhaps a tad of fan service every now and then. I want quality. I want the excitement I had for Morrison's run. I may not get everything that I want, but I've been reading some of Hickman's work and I think he has a lot of talent.

I'm interested in what he has in store for House of X/Powers of X and beyond.

Good to see the corporate defenders out in force. Maybe if you stan for the Marvel corporation for a while, they'll see fit to give some of their billions to you. Better plan than community college, honestly.
    I'm excited for Hickman. I think his previous work says a lot more than one solicit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Enough is enough. People want something different remember when they used to explore new lands and words? I would take another trip to the Savage Lands over this doomsday crap AGAIN.
    Disney had stopped all that because they didnīt have the film rights. Now that they have the full rights to XMen hopefully they can restore their glory.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

One solicit that doesn't spell out the story and the books are cancelled before they come out.

Lord
    It's pretty hype. I didn't think solicits would be very detailed anyway. They are clearly trying to stay tight-lipped about the series. Example, during the X-Mondays, the stuff we get is either from Uncanny or Age of X-Man, which few here care about. I at least know I am tired of seeing Psylocke & Blob on X-Monday exclusives. lol

Assuming the source was good, someone did mention that big things happen in just the first HOX issue, and it's not a reboot. But again, they're being as secretive as possible here. We'll hear more about the Wave books at SDCC before they give too much regarding the minis.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-20-2019 at 06:14 PM.

I hate corporate hype, I am so cynical about anyone being able to tell a good X-Men story again in a positive way, I was one of the few people who voted "not excited" about Hickman's impending X-Men run, HOWEVER, yeah ... I didn't get the idea at all this is going to be just another *human vs mutant* story. Remember the gifs Hickman was posting before we knew he was the next X-Men writer? Monoliths and primates from SPACE ODYSSEY?

Okay, I could be totally wrong, but I'm feeling what JDW said about being upset at first, then understanding the enormity of what Hickman was proposing for the X-Men, when JDW first heard the pitch. Or to put it another way, Morrison could only symbolize and chatter about evolution and "Homo sapiens sapiens vs Neanderthals." Not only did he not understand the science of evolution in the slightest, but he had no real interest in the conflict, just the result. I'm thinking, what if Hickman is going to show us the actual moment in Marvel Earth biological history, the actual activation of evolution as it's defined by science, like human vs mutant in mega terms?

In order to do that, he has to do away with all those stories of wolf-mutants and wolverine mutants and this line of mutants and that -- which I welcome with great joy. He has to make Marvel's mutants into one species again, which might impact the Celestial origin story of mutants, which upsets me, but on the other hand, intrigues me.

These are my first thoughts, so I apologize if I'm not making much sense. I was watching a program on the evolution of elephants last night; they've been on this earth for 17 million years and now Sapiens sapiens is driving elephants and all mega fauna into extinction. We've been swaggering and swinging our evolutionary dicks for 250,000 years and all cousin hominids and genus Homo like Neanderthals have been driven into extinction. And now on Marvel Earth, there's a new species called mutants. No one has actually shown the actual process of the evolutionary clock ticking away; is this what Hickman is going to do?

And he says he won't forget the soap opera and personal stuff either. And the potential for great storytelling is enormous. He says Magneto is his favorite character -- but Magneto is too complicated to fit so easily into the great mega-drama that might be unfolding. Because he's a human who became a mutant. He's a human man who survived the Holocaust, married, saw his daughter killed before his eyes and BOOM he became a mutant. Xavier was always creepier, always something more refined, more fully not-human and otherworldly and mutant, even if he was hiding his mutant identity while Max was out there in his costume and helmet fuming and shouting at the world. I may be TOTALLY wrong (as I said) but is this the direction Hickman is going? What is Xavier's dream, really? Where do the X-Men fit in if the evolutionary conflict isn't "coming" any longer, it's here? What do mutants like Emma do--she loves the culture, the material trappings, the tangible comforts of Sapiens sapiens--if there is going to be a species 'purity test'? Again, I'm just surmising. I could be way off base here.

Anyway that's what I got from the solicits because whoever writes them has to be vague and tease without giving anything away, and going by what Hickman has said in interviews and what he's posted on Twitter. If he doesn't mess up the individual characters and their histories but sets them loose in a completely new Marvel Earth environment, like an X-Men big-bang -- hydrogen, helium, the basic elements are still all there but might begin the process of forming new dust clouds, stars and planets.

If this is just another couple of years of evil humans picking on poor mutants with the X-Men "protecting a world that hates and fears them," the writers fridging more female characters and killing off characters for shock value, I'm going to not only look very silly for my post above, but I'm going to be so disappointed.
    Last edited by Rivka; 06-20-2019 at 06:15 PM.

HOUSE OF X #4 & #5 (of 6)
    POWERS OF X #4 & #5 (of 6)
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #3 (OF 6)

Has Mimic on the cover!

I'm sure House of X and Powers of X will make most of the headlines, but the Wolverine Annual and New Mutants look interesting. Any month where Chris Claremont is writing an X-Men comic of any kind is a good month in my book.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Good to see the corporate defenders out in force. Maybe if you stan for the Marvel corporation for a while, they'll see fit to give some of their billions to you. Better plan than community college, honestly.
    Who are these corporate defenders? Where are they out in force? What are they defending and why do they go to a community college?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

Lord
    It's the same whiny entitled people who would complain if the solicits revealed the entire plot of the story. So people just really really enjoy being negative and will jump at any opportunity to get their buzz.