Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Personally I just find the knee jerk reaction to these INTENTIONALLY vague solicits both hilarious and annoying. Like did people really think there wasn't going to at least SOME human vs mutant conflict going on in Hickman's run? We've been told since jump that Hickman plans on pushing the X-Men in a new direction.
    It had to be something, it is not like they just decide to move to Mars after getting convinced at a property investment seminar.

Extraordinary Member

Does this mean we get to nickname this one H vs X?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

True.
    For all we know that could just be the catalyst (not the end result/fallout) for what Xavier et al are doing...only time and HiX-Man, will tell.

Extraordinary Member

I figured it out: mutants are causing global warming.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I figured it out: mutants are causing global warming.
    That's just the Blob.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Personally I just find the knee jerk reaction to these INTENTIONALLY vague solicits both hilarious and annoying. Like did people really think there wasn't going to at least SOME human vs mutant conflict going on in Hickman's run? We've been told since jump that Hickman plans on pushing the X-Men in a new direction.
    I agree. It’s completely silly to write off Hickman’s entire thing off of a solicit. I guess it’s just I can already tell that this “criticism” starts and stops at just yelling about it because they’ll be on board when it starts coming out like the rest of us. Plus, the Powers of X solicits do give away something new that I haven’t heard many people talking about.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I agree. It’s completely silly to write off Hickman’s entire thing off of a solicit. I guess it’s just I can already tell that this “criticism” starts and stops at just yelling about it because they’ll be on board when it starts coming out like the rest of us. Plus, the Powers of X solicits do give away something new that I haven’t heard many people talking about.
    Any speculation? Cerebro finds mutants hidden somewhere (like Mars?) Sinister creates clones of X-Men spliced together?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Any speculation? Cerebro finds mutants hidden somewhere (like Mars?) Sinister creates clones of X-Men spliced together?
    I’m thinking Cerebro is going brazy off finding new mutants and whatever is going on in PoX has Sinister going around, collecting them and “doing what Sinister does.” Which probably leads to that cover that he’s on with the cocoons breaking open.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Xavier...adaptation
    Magneto,Apocalypse....dominance.
    I’m getting pretty pumped for this.

The X-Men will never, ever have equal rights. A large portion of humans will always hate and fear them, and all of them have Sentinels. This is called Gilligan's Constant.

Gilligan's Constant is an answer to the age old question, "why didn't the other people on Gilligan's Island simply kill Gilligan, since without him they would have escaped the island."

The answer is "Because the series wouldn't have a reason to exist."

Yes it is dumb and tired and told a million times. But without it, there is no reason for the X-Men to exist. A world where mutants and humans co-exist perfectly is a world that no longer needs the X-Men. The comic would end, because the central dramatic premise that the series is built around would go away. It isn't like the Avengers, who can always find a new bad guy after the current crop is exhausted. The X-Men's existence is in the ancient tagline "Protecting a world that hates and fears them".

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The X-Men will never, ever have equal rights. A large portion of humans will always hate and fear them, and all of them have Sentinels. This is called Gilligan's Constant.

Gilligan's Constant is an answer to the age old question, "why didn't the other people on Gilligan's Island simply kill Gilligan, since without him they would have escaped the island."

The answer is "Because the series wouldn't have a reason to exist."

Yes it is dumb and tired and told a million times. But without it, there is no reason for the X-Men to exist. A world where mutants and humans co-exist perfectly is a world that no longer needs the X-Men. The comic would end, because the central dramatic premise that the series is built around would go away. It isn't like the Avengers, who can always find a new bad guy after the current crop is exhausted. The X-Men's existence is in the ancient tagline "Protecting a world that hates and fears them".
    True, but the fight can change and evolve, just like any fight for equality IRL, and that what Morrison tried to do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Amazing to me that everyone's given up on the Hickman run based on a two sentence solicit. It's not bowing down to corporate overlords to say you're still optimistic that a renowned author can still put out something you might like in the end.

I'm not even that big of a fan of the Hickman Avengers run and I'm excited simply because it will be different than the junior high school level writing we've been experiencing for years now.
    Theyve been crying for years over Gambit and all kind of d listers that cant draw 500 copies a month. Hickman writing Sinister is already one of the best solicits of the year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, the Solicits actually does not make me excited for me to want to buy the book. But, I am interested in what Hickmans is going to do so i'm just going to wait until the actual books come out.
    But I must say this Human hating Mutants is really annoying and boring now.
    Well whites hating blacks for just breathing and existing is boring and treacherous but that's America.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    But it's said nowhere that it's another doomsday/extinction story. Humans trying to kill mutants is just another tuesday on the MU. Or do you fellas want them to jump from HUMANS HATE US A LOT, as it currently stands, to "eh, let's leave the muties to their own devices", without any explanation or groundwork to get there?
    Mutants could still be facing extinction even as HOX starts......we don’t know how much time passes from when AoX ends and this starting (a month or two tops).......it’s not like they’re going to decommission the latest Sentinel Generation or scale back what was started at the end Disassembled so quickly.......even with Xavier potentially influencing things, humans could still have psi dampeners in War rooms or the US could have the Squadron on stand by (unless the end of War of the Realms changes that).......change isn’t going to happen instantly.......it took a few months before Steve Rogers took action against Osborn.....