Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,211

    Default dark phoenix vs thanos

    jean grey (movie) with dark phoenix Powers vs thanos (MCU)

    Fight 1 Jean is at half power

    Fight 2 Jean is at full power Thanos gets the space mind reality power and soule stones

    No BFR fight is on Titan.
    Last edited by choptop; 06-20-2019 at 07:33 PM.

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,545

    Default

    What does half power mean?

    In the movie, Jean has her TP, TK and the Phoenix Force. She later absorbs the cosmic force.

  3. #3
    Safari Grandma Sophicles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Thanos was still susceptible to mental domination, even by an empath like Mantis.

    So if Jean has any decent telepathy feats, akin to Xavier or above, then she should be able to mind control him as well.

  4. #4
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What does half power mean?

    In the movie, Jean has her TP, TK and the Phoenix Force. She later absorbs the cosmic force.
    Didn't vox absorb half of the Phoenix power at the end of the movie?

  5. #5
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Thanos was still susceptible to mental domination, even by an empath like Mantis.

    So if Jean has any decent telepathy feats, akin to Xavier or above, then she should be able to mind control him as well.
    She's explicitly above Chaz. She can read his mind and he can't even track her, much less read her mind.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;"
    - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."

    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics."
    -Captain Morgan

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    She's explicitly above Chaz. She can read his mind and he can't even track her, much less read her mind.
    Right. He outright admits the power gap at least twice or three times in the movie, too. She had him at a complete disadvantage.

    It should also be said that the first time he was knocked out, he was using Cerebro at full power (against Hank's advice) to resist her pushback, and she knocked him out in the process.

  7. #7
    Mighty Member moonknight11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    I haven't seen the movie but from hearsay, she reacts to Quicksilver right? She should be able to outright blitz Thanos with her TP, TK or whatever disintegration powers she has.

  8. #8
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    I haven't seen the movie but from hearsay, she reacts to Quicksilver right? She should be able to outright blitz Thanos with her TP, TK or whatever disintegration powers she has.
    Yup, this is true, and when I saw it in the theater my instant thought was "trivially dominates live-action heroes and villains now". She casually reacts to Quicksilver in mid-blitz, taking him out for the rest of the film. That combined with her toolkit makes her damn near unstoppable.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;"
    - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."

    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics."
    -Captain Morgan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •