Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Funny that Creed is trying to boast that he’s pretty hard to kill while clowning Hrimhari for dying once when he just had two back-to-back deaths in Weapon X.
    Again, it's Rosenberg. lol So we got a few options.

• H doesn't do his homework on certain characters & writes them however,
    • Creed has bragging rights because he has died, but come back easily enough, whereas Hrimhari stayed dead for a while after just 1 death that he only recently came back from.

I lean toward 1. Given the mess about him sucking up to Malekith so he can get land to rule. He was ruling Madripoor with Mystique and was the Invisible King of Asian. Why is it no writers remember those things? They forget his VERY FEW villain accomplishments, but can't forget that convulsed pairing with Mystique that Lobdell & Aaron pulled from their ass. This has been his problem for the last 16 years.

But like some Emma fans, I am hoping this is just needless filler while waiting for Hickman, and noting in this run will count for anything. I think Sunspot's head was on the cover for POX 4. So even if Rosenberg fridges him, Hickman will just open the door and take him out.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-20-2019 at 06:22 PM.

It just seems like a Creed thing to say even if Rosenberg didn’t quite remember, but he’ll probably still gut Sunspot or Hrimhari or someone before escaping or getting “killed.” And between Wolfsbane in constant angsting pain, Hrimhari, Frost Giants, Vanisher, Elixir, and the dreariness, this run just feels like a spiritual successor to KYost’s X-Force.

Not luck for Creed, but he is going against a god.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Not luck for Creed, but he is going against a god.
    If it were Wolverine going against a God, he'd win. If it was Mystique, she'd win. Power levels mean nothing. Fight wins are determined by popularity. lol Arguably Creed should be defeating characters he's had one-sided losses to, but still doesn't. So Hell, Hrimhari could be a street puppy and Rosenberg would find a way for Creed to lose. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-20-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    If it were Wolverine going against a God, he'd win. If it was Mystique, she'd win. Power levels mean nothing. Fight wins are determined by popularity. lol Arguably Creed should be defeating characters he's had one-sided losses to, but still doesn't. So Hell, Hrimhari could be a street puppy and Rosenberg would find a way for Creed to lose. lol
    Wolverine could kill the entire Norse pantheon by himself. His plot armor isn't quite Wayne-grade, but it is mighty.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Wolverine could kill the entire Norse pantheon by himself. His plot armor isn't quite Wayne-grade, but it is mighty.
    No need to tell me. With Creed as my former favorite villain, I have gotten familiar with Wolverine's pet status. I remember the good old days when Creed was a more dangerous arch foe to him.
    Canon Superiority.jpg
    And outright said to be stronger.

But those days have long past and he's the main one that has to look like a pussy because he can't be equal to Wolverine. He used to be Wolverine's moral opposite. Now he's just a loser opposite.

Sad but true. And I am never safe. My favorite Buffy guy was Angel. Who was the original vamp. Then Spike came along, and the sun shined on his ass just like Wolverine. Then he became Angel 2.0 and got everything Angel did without having to work for any of it.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-20-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

this actually looks good to me
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Wolverine also loses a lot. Wolverine loses way more than probably any other hero. Wolverine loses more than Sabertooth, If I had a dollar for every time Wolverine was beaten to pulp I would be rich. The same writer had Wolverine lose foot soldiers from General Callahan not a Asgardian God. Yeah Wolverine eventually gets a W in a story he is the generally the hero in the long story but most stories has one the most experienced fighters who has some 100 years of combat experience, high trained martial artist who fights against some of the best like Shang chi, Daredevil and Iron fist on equal footing, lose fights because "Rawwwwr wolverine goes smash" and takes a ridiculous amount of damage and lose.

Wolverine was going get his ass whooped from Hrimhari as well, Then Wolverine would come back the next issue blessed by another God or Magically creature or with a magic sword beat the crap out of him. That is just how stories are written the same thing would happen with Spiderman, Batman, Superman as well but they don't have a super healing factor so they don't get stomp within an inch of their life for dramatic effect.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-20-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Rape is not that big a part of Creed's character.

It was thought he raped Silver Fox. Turned out to be an implant & she was alive working for Hydra later after revealing she knocked out his teeth for coming on to her.

After that, I recall Aaron bringing it back in 2010 during a flashback scene. Other than that, I am really drawing a blank on where fans get this idea Creed is a serial rapist who talks about or is shown raping someone in every appearance he has.

I hope Daken and Mystique receive the same scrutiny. lol They have more, offenses than Creed on-panel. With Mystique, she' uses powers for rape on a consistent basis and even notes that sex is a weapon she frequently uses. Gambit, Sabretooth, and Wolverine at least have all been victims to her, and with Wolverine she took pictures, sent them to his girlfriend, then laughed about it. lol And Daken has classic date rape pheromones.
    He did rape or attempt to rape Psylocke during his imprisonment at Xavier's mansion in the 90s. I agree that Daken and Mystique are even worse though.

Not really impressed by this preview to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I'm aware. This is Rahnes first encounter? with Sabertooth since he eviscerated, raped? and cannabilised Feral.
    The Sabretooth that Logan encountered and that killed Feral during Wolverine Vol 3 #54 wasn't the real one but a clone created by Romulus as revealed during Wolverine Vol.2 #311. This clone was beheaded by Wolverine in Wolverine Vol 3 #55 and it was implied that he was the one that appeared in Hell during the Goes to Hell story where he was cut into pieces by Logan.

If I'm not mistaken the last time Rahne met Sabretooth on panel before this story was during Dream's End.
    Last edited by Hush; 06-21-2019 at 03:16 AM.

What's Feral?

just jokes

Any character with a healing factor (or who is a robot like Vision) will always be ridiculously incompetent to show their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    The Sabretooth that Logan encountered and that killed Feral during Wolverine Vol 3 #54 wasn't the real one but a clone created by Romulus as revealed during Wolverine Vol.2 #311. This clone was beheaded by Wolverine in Wolverine Vol 3 #55 and it was implied that he was the one that appeared in Hell during the Goes to Hell story where he was cut into pieces by Logan.

If I'm not mistaken the last time Rahne met Sabretooth on panel before this story was during Dream's End.
    Yep. If we're gonna use any of Loeb's horrific writing for proof of anything, gotta stick with the fact there was clones rampant in that story. lol Ya still got some fans mocking Creed about the "M. Blade", but again, if they read the story to know of the sword, then how'd they miss Wolverine killing a clone with it while the real Sabretooth was already gone.

If Claremont hadn't been dragging his feet, he could've done Creed's stories the way he planned. I think he mentioned while X-Men Forever was going on that that Sabretooth is closure to his original vision with the character. And I Swear I heard in one interview that he did not plan for him to be irredeemably evil, and that his clone would've done the nastier stuff, like the Morlock Massacre. But I HAVE to look that up and see if I can find it again.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    He did rape or attempt to rape Psylocke during his imprisonment at Xavier's mansion in the 90s. I agree that Daken and Mystique are even worse though.
    I appreciate you saying the bold. If people find Creed disgusting, that's fine. But to constantly highlight & exaggerate his possible rapist nature as if it's a major part of his character, any time he's been on-panel yet not be doing the same with Mystique & Daken baffles me. If someone is fine with those two, I don't see how Sabretooth is so controversial.

Far as Psylocke goes, I recall this scene from the X-Mansion.
    Betsy Kiss.jpg
    But I am reluctant to go so far as labeling that attempted rape. Otherwise, LOTS of characters are.

After he kissed her, he threw her out & told her to get him Jean for his glow.
    X-Force 28.jpg
    She's not scratched and her clothes aren't tattered. So nothing indicates he did anything more to her.

Again, this is the scene I am thinking of. But I don't recall any others. Besides the one when they spar while Creed is still shackled and he hits on her. But again, not an attempted rape.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-21-2019 at 08:28 AM.

BANNED

Is someone actually trying to defend psychopathic serial
    murderer/rapist Sabretooth? lmao next someone is going to try and claim Apocalypse is just misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Is someone actually trying to defend psychopathic serial
    murderer/rapist Sabretooth? lmao next someone is going to try and claim Apocalypse is just misunderstood.
    Just calling out double standard. Again, if fans are cool with Mystique & Daken, they should have no issues with Sabretooth.

1. Sabretooth is psychotic. So is Mystique. So is Daken. So is Deadpool. What's the problem? lol
    2. Sabretooth is a murderer. So are Mystique, Daken, Deadpool, Wolverine, Emma, and Magneto, etc. What's the problem? lol
    3. If he is a rapist, again, so are Mystique & Daken. Yet they're some of Marvel more popular villains. So with Sabretooth, what's the problem?
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-21-2019 at 08:36 AM.