Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

RIP Punch Dimension.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yep. If we're gonna use any of Loeb's horrific writing for proof of anything, gotta stick with the fact there was clones rampant in that story. lol Ya still got some fans mocking Creed about the "M. Blade", but again, if they read the story to know of the sword, then how'd they miss Wolverine killing a clone with it while the real Sabretooth was already gone.
    Honestly it's such a convoluted and nonsensical storyline that I can't blame people for being confused about it lol. I mean there is even a flashback set during WW II with both Captain America and Wolverine fighting several nazi and their commanding officer who is revealed to be Wild Child which makes no sense lol or the fact that Weapon X was supposed to be Logan's idea all along which make even less sense lmao.

But yeah it's difficult to take the events that take place during this story seriously.

If Claremont hadn't been dragging his feet, he could've done Creed's stories the way he planned. I think he mentioned while X-Men Forever was going on that that Sabretooth is closure to his original vision with the character. And I Swear I heard in one interview that he did not plan for him to be irredeemably evil, and that his clone would've done the nastier stuff, like the Morlock Massacre. But I HAVE to look that up and see if I can find it again.
    It's true, as Claremont told Wizard in their 1996 Wolverine Tribute Special, he wanted to reveal that the real Sabretooth was always lurking in the shadows and that all the "Sabretooth" appearances in the past before Wolverine vol 2 #10 (except maybe Iron Fist #14), were just imperfect clones created by Sinister which is why he was always easily defeated:

"What I ultimately was going to establish was that all the Sabretooths we had seen heretofore, with the possible exception of the one in Iron Fist #14, were clones of Mr. Sinister. They were Xeroxes. Whereas Sinister's modus operandi was to capture an operative, stick him in a stasis chamber, clone a copy and send that person out to do battle. So you have an inexhaustible supply of Marauders from his clutch of villains. In the case of Sabretooth, you had a Xerox of a Xerox. That's why the Sabretooth that has always appeared working for Sinister has been so flawed and so easily beaten. We've never seen the real thing. The real thing is quite happy lurking around the fringes of the X-Men Universe without any interest whatsoever in the X-Men, but an abiding interest in Wolverine. And Wolverine knows it."

source: https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-432/

Ironic, that in the end a Sabretooth knockoff was the one working in the shadows to mess with Wolverine, even years later I'm still annoyed that this Romulus nonsense hasn't been retconned out of existence lol. I just hope Sacks will do a big retcon of this nonsense with his Weapon Plus one shot.

spoilers:
    I haven’t read it yet, but from the Sabretooth thread: Sunspot self-destructs himself to save the team, and Dani sees his spirit. Also, Creed gets beheaded by Magik. Sooooooooooo more proof everyone is coming back by the end?

All this means to me is that Loa and Blindfold are more than likely coming back.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    spoilers:

All this means to me is that Loa and Blindfold are more than likely coming back.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, it should be the only good thing the mini series tells us.
    If Hickman just ignore spoilers:
    Sabretooth died there or telling us how he came back to live
    end of spoilers that's super fun lol.

spoilers:
    So the death-tole here is Sabretooth and Sunspot, or did others die as well?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    Yeah, it should be the only good thing the mini series tells us.
    If Hickman just ignore spoilers:
    Sabretooth died there or telling us how he came back to live
    end of spoilers that's super fun lol.
    When will people learn? lol
    spoilers:
    Creed getting beheaded is a running gag at this point. No need to tell how he came back. PLUS, as I keep saying, given his loser stock as a villain, he's not important enough to address.
    end of spoilers

A bit frustrated, but not like I didn't call it back in Dec. Call it again when I knew Rosenberg would be writing. And call it a third time when I saw this preview.

Just further showing the predictability of the character & why he needs to be killed off for good or not used as much. Because as a villain, he's a useless pussy. We always know nothing's gonna happen to anyone, other than him. lol

Also spoilers:
    Add Rahne to the long list of characters that have kicked his ass. Soon there won't be 1 hero in Marvel he hasn't lost to. No wonder nobody takes him seriously.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-26-2019 at 04:43 AM.

I. Am. The. Sad.

<activates champagne robot to pour out champagne onto the floor>

Spectacular Member

spoilers:
    So, it's either going to lead into a mass revival, or Rosenberg is protesting against Hickman's takeover and Hickman's completely ignoring him, lol
    end of spoilers

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Sounds like a barf outta 10. Thank God Sam is safe with Brisson.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

I did find it pretty funny that the big plan required the X-Men to spoilers:
    strip down to their undies
    end of spoilers when Sabertooth showed up. I feel like they should have had some sort of supplies that would make that unnecessary. Maybe it was just had to happen too fast, or maybe the sight was actually Sabertooth's greatest fear.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Since JDW seems to like to reply to my posts for some reason, I'd love him to come argue against the idea that the X-office doesn't know how to handle it's characters and other places are using them much better and use Roberto as an example as to why that's false.