Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 12
    Venom 18
    Absolute Carnage 3
    Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors 2
    Amazing Spider-Man Going Big
    Spider-Man
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The previous issue, #28 is a Kingpin issue and he's Mayor.

"Recent decision" that upsets Peter's life sounds a lot more than just a breakup. I mean a breakup would hurt Peter emotionally but it wouldn't actually change the life he has right now.

I think it's a career choice, and I think the career choice is that...Mary Jane is going into politics and she's going to challenge Fisk, and as part of her campaign, it's brought media attention to Peter and others, which would definitely complicate his life and also paint a target on her. I guess Spencer might take inspiration from Cynthia Nixon's attempt to challenge Andrew Cuomo, and other women getting into politics recently and MJ being a former model, actress, business-executive and so on, can actually make that jump and she has a history of activism in comics already.
    Look at Spencer, possibly getting topical again .
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Based on the wording from Miles' tie-in it sounds like Miles gets removed from the equation in Issue #2, so probably Peter.
    Maybe. It just seems like whenever one is relevant to an event, the other is either nowhere to be found or just not relevant.
    Saladin recently tweeted about finally getting the opportunity to write JJJ in one of his stories, so I'm thinking him. It would add more context to why Miles was specifically tangling with Scorpion in the first issue.
    Jameson would be interesting since we've never really seen Miles with Jonah and we've really never seen much of a reaction to him regarding the other Spiders, though granted now his perspective on Spider-Man is completely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, it's Captain Stacy.
    Sorry George .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jameson would be interesting since we've never really seen Miles with Jonah and we've really never seen much of a reaction to him regarding the other Spiders, though granted now his perspective on Spider-Man is completely different.
    Yeah, maybe he likes Peter's Spidey now, and he's a friend to Cindy as well (but doesn't know she's Silk?) but could think Miles's Spidey is a menace instead? Ripping off Peter's good name?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-21-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    For anyone wondering, the FNSM solicit is not a final issue! Tom Taylor confirmed it on Twitter.
    That's great news that title has been hitting it out of the park.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, maybe he likes Peter's Spidey now, and he's a friend to Cindy as well (but doesn't know she's Silk?) but could think Miles's Spidey is a menace instead? Ripping off Peter's good name?
    Hmm, that would yield the temptation to use him as an allegory for the Miles skeptics in the Spider-Man fandom/readership.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I reached out to Ryan Ottley on Instagram and he told me he's drawing the following issues: 24, 25, 30, and 31. He is not drawing 29.

Kev Walker is a homie. Glad he gets to pop off for a bit before Gleason arrives to consume the planet.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Arrow

I'm still not feeling this series.

IMO, the main problem with Spider-Gwen dipping into the 616 well so often is it detracts from what made her unique in the first place - her own well-crafted world and dynamic supporting cast (villains like 65 Daredevil included).
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-21-2019 at 10:21 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm still not feeling this series.

IMO, the main problem with Spider-Gwen dipping into the 616 well so often is it detracts from what made her unique in the first place - her own well-crafted world and dynamic supporting cast (villains like 65 Daredevil included).
    In full agreement. I dumped Ghost Spider after #4 and this is from someone who was there at the start with Edge of Spider-Verse #2 and both volumes of Spider-Gwen.

Quote Originally Posted by KROENEN View Post
    That's great news that title has been hitting it out of the park.
    Agree! I love FNSM!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!